V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 13, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #7,831 of 23,366
Quote:

2:25 - 2:38  "I don't know, I don't know Italian!" - I'm still not sure if you were being serious but 'VOILA' is a French term to call attention to, express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic.  Pronounced 'vwa-la'.   Regardless of your intent, the muscular tissue in my face involuntarily managed to somehow formulate what most would consider to be a smile.  Thanks for the video.

Many tell me my awkward, general doofiness generates decent comedy. This would be one said case.

Yeah, I've already gotten some flak for not knowing Italian. I know Russian...but not Italian. But now I know.

Glad I could make you 'contort your face into what some would consider a smile.'

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #7,832 of 23,366
Wow, its been well over 1000+ posts since I was last on here!

Since it seems that there are those out there who have the PP units can anyone kindly direct me to the best reviews/sum up of the beauties?

I am putting all I can to get these for Christmas, that said I cannot be sure the money will still be there by then! (personal problems and whatnot). Are the 3 colour choices still making it to the MP or has it been decided by one?

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #7,833 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow, its been well over 1000+ posts since I was last on here!

Since it seems that there are those out there who have the PP units can anyone kindly direct me to the best reviews/sum up of the beauties?

I am putting all I can to get these for Christmas, that said I cannot be sure the money will still be there by then! (personal problems and whatnot). Are the 3 colour choices still making it to the MP or has it been decided by one?

AnakChan's review is up!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100/reviews/7604

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #7,834 of 23,366
Quote:
VAL quick question. just to confirm the "VTF" that I and other head-fi members have will have the same sound as the MP models correct? I think i remember u saying that the sound was "locked" so this PP run is just to work out some possible minor construction/production issues, right?

btw I am very happy with my M-100 and it has no cosmetic blemishes or construction issues....and it sounds even better today than it did yesterday
smile_phones.gif

Tyll from innerfidelity accurately picked up on the NUANCES quickly that make M-100, M-100 and knew the exact frequencies I tailored.  It was quite odd and refreshing to hear somebody know what I do and he ALSO knew about why a cork is needed if you use dual inputs!   PS I patented the cork...

Someday I'll try to recap all the feedback and honest opinions of every headphone I've made.  For instance, Stevie Wonder told me to include the clip with M-80, Jude told me to use orange for the cable on M-100 and Erick Morillo SPAWNED this whole headphone because he refused to not use a coiled cable when he DJed, this is a TRUE artist collaboration.  

I used to say I would wait until we got 101 votes out of the 147/200 to go to MP2 and I'd be 101, but I think now I should press the button to start as I've heard zero complaints about the sound.  At the end of the day, that is all that matters...

play hard, rock harder gents...

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #7,835 of 23,366
Quote:

Many tell me my awkward, general doofiness generates decent comedy. This would be one said case.

Yeah, I've already gotten some flak for not knowing Italian. I know Russian...but not Italian. But now I know.

Glad I could make you 'contort your face into what some would consider a smile.'

Great video, man...

MONSTER MEETS VAL KOLTON
Today I talked to Noel Lee in person for the first time, it was a very friendly and good conversation.  I instantly asked him "what is your favorite headphone and why". VERY VERY VERY intriguing response...  I will keep the conversation vaulted for a long time, but a lot of people were looking at us ;>>>

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #7,836 of 23,366
Great video, man...

MONSTER MEETS VAL KOLTON
Today I talked to Noel Lee in person for the first time, it was a very friendly and good conversation.  I instantly asked him "what is your favorite headphone and why". VERY VERY VERY intriguing response...  I will keep the conversation vaulted for a long time, but a lot of people were looking at us ;>>>

The question is... Do you have authorisation to tell us the answer Mr Valkolton? O_o

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #7,837 of 23,366
Quote:
Got mine in tonight and am putting them through the runs now :). I'm really happy with the way the custom shields came out. I modeled them after two of my favorite movies, Drive and 500 Days of Summer. 

Kavinsky - Night Call....I dont know what it is about that song, but thats what I remember from Drive
wink_face.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #7,838 of 23,366
Quote:
The question is... Do you have authorisation to tell us the answer Mr Valkolton? O_o

Of course I could but I will not.  I am what some people used to call a "classy competitor".  I love making friends and talking to members of the trade.

In fact, it doesn't matter because I think VERY VARIANTLY...  

V-MODA has only four competitors: time, me, myself and I.

EDIT...  added time

AND NOW... will the real M-100, please stand up!?  There are a few more easter eggs on M-100 than "standing above the rest", who can find them?!  Don't forget the package... hint hint hint

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #7,839 of 23,366
Quote:

Of course I could but I will not.  I am what some people used to call a "classy competitor".  I love making friends and talking to members of the trade.

In fact, it doesn't matter because I think VERY VARIANTLY...  

V-MODA has only four competitors: time, me, myself and I.

EDIT...  added time

AND NOW... will the real M-100, please stand up!?  There are a few more easter eggs on M-100 than "standing above the rest", who can find them?!  Don't forget the package... hint hint hint

QR codes easter eggs? None of them work for me though.. The 2 on the side redirect to the the v-moda index page and the one at the bottom of the box won't load anything

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #7,840 of 23,366
Quote:
VAL quick question. just to confirm the "VTF" that I and other head-fi members have will have the same sound as the MP models correct? I think i remember u saying that the sound was "locked" so this PP run is just to work out some possible minor construction/production issues, right?

btw I am very happy with my M-100 and it has no cosmetic blemishes or construction issues....and it sounds even better today than it did yesterday
smile_phones.gif

Well, at this point I'd say it the sound is locked and loaded.  The only thing I'll change for MP2 is one more tooling tolerance improvement (as we call it in engineering).  But, we are talking very minor stuff here that improves our yield rates of MP/QC.  Extreme tolerance control is why the headphone doesn't shake, has the nice vault-click on the hinge and the arm extension feels solid and so nice vs. the Joneses.  
Quote:

That's a crazy picture dude. BTW, who's the 1% of 147 distributed VTF-100 who doesn't like it? Let me have "kind word" with them!!

Still diggin' the M-100 sound. The more I listen, the more addicted I am to it. My wife is happy as it makes me more "up to date" with "her generation" :wink:.

Ok, I haven't heard that 1%, I've had zero complaints on overall sound. But, 99% is a figure of speech in programming/hardware architecture as you strive for "5 9s" in reliability & uptime. 99.999%.   

High reliability 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_availability

"Users want their systems, for example wrist watches, hospitals, airplanes or computers, to be ready to serve them at all times. Availability refers to the ability of the user community to access the system, whether to submit new work, update or alter existing work, or collect the results of previous work. If a user cannot access the system, it is said to be unavailable.[1] Generally, the termdowntime is used to refer to periods when a system is unavailable."

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #7,841 of 23,366
Quote:

the box won't load anything

One of the many Easter Egg hints:

Have you seen the TV show V?

The aliens hide their true colors under their "human skin"...

-v^v

EDIT: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHEN EVERYBODY DISCOVERS THIS...

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #7,843 of 23,366

Quote:

One of the many Easter Egg hints:

Have you seen the TV show V?

The aliens hide their true colors under their "human skin"...

-v^v

EDIT: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHEN EVERYBODY DISCOVERS THIS...

I got it!

And there's no page for that QR code either :/

Cut the tape on the lid/box and you can slide it out!

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #7,844 of 23,366
Val, I'm not going to write my "official" review until after I get to do some out and about testing on Monday, but I have gone through most of my scenarios and I think you have created the perfect headphone for me (as long as my head/ears and the headphone can come to physical harmony).  I spent some time the other night playing XBox through my Astro Mixamp and was thoroughly impressed.  The soundstage might not be good enough for a pro gamer used to an open can, but the ability to replicate sounds coming from all directions coupled with the crisp bass made for a very enjoyable gaming experience.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #7,845 of 23,366
Quote:
Oh man, I am so indecisive...

I love the overall concept, and I think the gunmetal shields are the best looking of all the shields, but I think Shadow just doesn't do justice to the overall quality of the headphones. The things I listed cheapen the look and feel of my M-80s. White does away with the psuedo-suede headband and stitching, and from what I've seen it looks like it also does away with the glossy cups and wingplates. Based on pictures and from what I've read, the cups and wingplates of the white M-100s are satin rather than glossy. Can any white M-100 owners confirm?  
Heck, I'm even considering Matte Black now too...just the ultimate for exuding quality because it completely lacks any shiny cheapness. Only thing with them is that I like having a noticeable "v-moda" on top of the headband, and it's barely noticeable on the matte black. Decisions, decisions...

I have the white and am so happy I went with those.  Yes, the shields are satin/matte.  I switched those out for midnight blue shield and WOW what a combo.  I feel the white with silver where you can see the stainless of the hinges and wings really shows off the design and construction of these, just a gorgeous headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back