V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 30, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #19,831 of 23,366
Hello,
I am NETH, a house,progressive house and electronic dance 
producer and DJ.

I would like to get a pair of the m100's (in matte black).

AVICII has also got these headphones, but made only
for his sets (the denim headband, matte blue shields,
matte blue ear-cups...)

I've heard that the m100's actually look bigger on pictures
than they actually are,

and so my question: Could you please tell me the real
size? (heigh,...)

Thank you ;D
NETH

PS: I got the information of ::V_MODA:: that the 
matte blue shields will be released,
so stay tuned :D

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #19,832 of 23,366
Welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet 
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #19,833 of 23,366
I like the idea of matt blue shields.

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #19,835 of 23,366
Blue & gray would look great together.

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #19,836 of 23,366
Hi guys, could someone who owns or who has tried both the m100 and the momentums tell me how the ear cup sizes compare? I have the momentums and the small cups don't quite envelope my ears, the tops of my ears are compressed by the cups/pads. Just looking for a quick comparison, I'm hoping the m100 cups are that slight bit bigger. My ears are 6.5cm from lobe to top and protrude about 2cm from my head.
From what i have been reading it will probably be a tight fit, I can order the xl pads if needed.

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #19,837 of 23,366
Hi guys, could someone who owns or who has tried both the m100 and the momentums tell me how the ear cup sizes compare? I have the momentums and the small cups don't quite envelope my ears, the tops of my ears are compressed by the cups/pads. Just looking for a quick comparison, I'm hoping the m100 cups are that slight bit bigger. My ears are 6.5cm from lobe to top and protrude about 2cm from my head.
From what i have been reading it will probably be a tight fit, I can order the xl pads if needed.

The top of my head is slightly large and rounded so when I tried the Momentums, even with both of the ear cups extended to full, I couldn't get them to sit flush with my ears. The top of the ear cups would squeeze my ears, the bottom of the ear cups would leave a gap and I had to push them against my head to get a seal. For my head, the Momentums were just too small, period. The M-100 I use with 4 clicks, out of 11, down on each arm and they envelop my ear completely. Without XL pads the tips of my helix (Helixes? Heli?) would touch the driver enclosure and get sore from time to time. With XL pads my only comfort issues are with my glasses and that takes at least 45 minutes before I feel any discomfort.

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #19,838 of 23,366

In my experience, i tried the momentums Over-Ear and me having small ears, its like an "On-Ear" for me.

With the m100s, it fits me well and my ears are inside the pad.. BTW, i dont use XL pads..

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #19,839 of 23,366

I believe the M100's pads are deeper when I demoed them. Don't know for sure though. 

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #19,840 of 23,366
M100s are slightly wider but I still had to wear as on ears. With XL pad though, fits really good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #19,842 of 23,366
wth... i feel like an outcast for a while since i posted about my impressions on the m100s 

tried them with the bass reducer on my iphone the bass was less prominent (duh) made the treble seem to sparkle more (very nice) the mids were left alone unfortunately (still too far back for me)

tried the pop (which i usually find horrible) but this boosted the mids very well, usually the "pop" setting makes the mids very unnatural, not this case. vocals sound great (not exactly as natural for like ballads or slow music) but for general pop and mainstream music its more than enough suffice so now its more on level with everything else while reducing the bass slightly so it retains most of the m100 magic (still great sub bass but oddly the midbass doesn't overwhelm)--> which conflicts with how it looks on the eq on ITUNES which reduces the subbass more than the mid bass but thats what i hear, it still has slightly more than enough thump for me and the treble is left untouched 

hm..... did i make the right decision ordering the xs? ><" i usually never use eq but technically and in terms of detail and clarity the m100s are amazing but without any eq on my iphone or my itouch plus fiio e6 it made the mids too far back abeit very clear.

these cans really respond well to eq! everything said above was based on my listening tests at home.

i will try them on my commute tomorrow and see how they fair! will report back. the bass with the pop setting is like 2 db more than what i think is perfect but i think this is fine for road use! we'll see!

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #19,843 of 23,366
  There's a lot of talk on here that isn't about the M100s...

darthsmile.gif

Hey, do you mind posting a picture of the DT770's and M-100 side by side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back