V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #19,246 of 23,366
I'm sure this has been said before in this thread (only got about 30 pages in...) 

Do these benefit from any burn-in? Also, if I was so inclined to bump the sub-bass freq's up a bit, whats the best way to go about it?

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #19,247 of 23,366
I think the so, yes. Others disagree. It only gets a bit clearer though, nothing major. As for your second question well, it depends what your source is.

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #19,248 of 23,366
  The Sony PHA-1 is a good alternative to the VERZA at almost half the price.

This is a very good alternative. I'd also stump for the Leckerton UHA-6S MKII as a really great alternative. (At ~$200 bucks used it's a steal.)

I had a VERZA and I really did enjoy it - until I had to replace my GSIII with a Note II. They originally stated that they were going to make Metallo cases for more phones, including the Note II, but that never materialized. Sans Metallo, the VERZA was just too big and unwieldy to dual lock/velcro to the back of standard phone...let along a Note.

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #19,249 of 23,366
Just running out of a Galaxy Note 2... main source of music is soundcloud. I have Poweramp installed but I'm more about listening to latest updates on artists I'm following on soundcloud. Best way would probably be to get some HQ downloads from there. 

side note: How do you get that darn pin out of the cable jack?? I'm trying to switch the cable to the right side

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #19,250 of 23,366
Mar 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #19,251 of 23,366
I'm still waiting for someone to come out with a nice case and belt clip for the whole package.

ALO Audio Black Star Amp Bag is a perfect fit for the VMODA Vamp Verza and iPod Classic.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #19,252 of 23,366
I like its design but it does have a limited shelf life since most people upgrade their phones from time to time leaving most of this redundant. Also, there's no need for those horrible rubber bands that just get I the way...

Cell phone product life cycles are measured in terms of months. Nine to fifteen months in general. New year, new phone, new accessories. It's one of the most successful scams going. Me? I tried a HTC Incredible for a while, went back to my old KRZR. It's a better phone and so what if it doesn't play music. I got a Clip Zip with Rockbox and now Rockbox on my DX50.

Anyway, low profile 3M Dual Lock is the go-to for securely fastening components together if the silicone bands aren't your thing.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #19,253 of 23,366
Cell phone product life cycles are measured in terms of months. Nine to fifteen months in general. New year, new phone, new accessories. It's one of the most successful scams going. Me? I tried a HTC Incredible for a while, went back to my old KRZR. It's a better phone and so what if it doesn't play music. I got a Clip Zip with Rockbox and now Rockbox on my DX50.

Anyway, low profile 3M Dual Lock is the go-to for securely fastening components together if the silicone bands aren't your thing.

I think that's the same stuff in my original link.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #19,254 of 23,366

This is a very good alternative. I'd also stump for the Leckerton UHA-6S MKII as a really great alternative. (At ~$200 bucks used it's a steal.)

I had a VERZA and I really did enjoy it - until I had to replace my GSIII with a Note II. They originally stated that they were going to make Metallo cases for more phones, including the Note II, but that never materialized. Sans Metallo, the VERZA was just too big and unwieldy to dual lock/velcro to the back of standard phone...let along a Note.

Isn't the Metallo case kind of... giant in its own right?

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #19,255 of 23,366

Isn't the Metallo case kind of... giant in its own right?

Not really, consider it just fit over the iP5 and it is smaller than the VERZA.

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #19,256 of 23,366
  Not really, consider it just fit over the iP5 and it is smaller than the VERZA.

I just meant that if people think the VERZA is too big to rubber-band to a Note, the Metallo wouldn't exactly be a smaller solution.

Also, not sure why people keep bringing up the e12. Unless I'm mistaken, that's an amp only, not a DAC/amp.

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #19,257 of 23,366

I just meant that if people think the VERZA is too big to rubber-band to a Note, the Metallo wouldn't exactly be a smaller solution.

Also, not sure why people keep bringing up the e12. Unless I'm mistaken, that's an amp only, not a DAC/amp.

Actually, they would have the same thickness, about, the case might actually be a bit thinner actually.  But we're talking millimeters...  The case offers a convenience as it allows all the buttons, cameras, headset (for phone calls) to still be accessed on the device without the need to cover any screen.  It's also more secure :wink: 

And the E12 does look to be just an amp...  So it doesn't do everything the Vamp does XD 

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #19,258 of 23,366

Actually, they would have the same thickness, about, the case might actually be a bit thinner actually.  But we're talking millimeters...  The case offers a convenience as it allows all the buttons, cameras, headset (for phone calls) to still be accessed on the device without the need to cover any screen.  It's also more secure :wink: 

And the E12 does look to be just an amp...  So it doesn't do everything the Vamp does XD 

I might not be explaining myself. XD

The Metallo case doesn't REPLACE the Verza. It's something that you'd get in addition to the Verza. So I'm not sure how "the Verza and a Note is so big, I wish they'd make a Metallo case" works because the Verza can't be SMALLER than just the Note II + Verza. Adding a case doesn't shrink the overall size. 

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #19,259 of 23,366

I got you.  And I do agree with you about the E12, as it's sound sig. isn't all that great compare to the VERZA or any other higher end DAC/AMP.  Heck, I even think the JDS C5 / 5S will be a better pick.

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #19,260 of 23,366
  I got you.  And I do agree with you about the E12, as it's sound sig. isn't all that great compare to the VERZA or any other higher end DAC/AMP.  Heck, I even think the JDS C5 / 5S will be a better pick.

My concern right now is being able to hook up the iPhone 5s to it as a DAC. I know the Verza works but I'm not sure what else does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back