V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #16,489 of 23,366
Has anybody made a A/B comparison with the Ultrasone HFI780 or the Sennheiser Momentum?
Although I'm listening to current music genres like EDM, Dubstep I am also a fan of soundtracks, jazz, soul.
With the Momentums I can listen to classical stuff, but it's not as enjoyable as the K701 (well bass emphasized vs. audiophil neutral).
Those Ultrasones are nearly perfect for me, problem is their clamp and comfort (which is quite heavy).
I also can enjoy classical quite a bit with those, but well .. I love those V-Modas.
Their design, their building quality, those custom shields .. but I'm concernced about the bass quantity.
I can be a basshead, but I also prefer more balanced music.
Somehow the HFI780s can do, so what about the M100?
I think the LP2 are too bass orientated.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #16,490 of 23,366
The M-100 should work for you.  It has a stronger but more diffused bass compare to the Momentum and better sound stage.  If you don't care much about classical, then take the M-100 instead.

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #16,491 of 23,366
I didn't hear to the ultrasone but the M-100 are BAAAAAASSSSYYYYY. They have a bass boost of around 8db when compared with the Q701 for example. I really like them soundwise but all being said I always EQ'ed them to try to find a more neutral signature.They are very flexible: once eq'ed the sound is amazing. My second concerned was comfort, that was the reason I got rid of them, but the XL pads are 4 weeks far soooooo...

Great cans to be honest, just so much bass but highly eq'ables

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #16,492 of 23,366
For the XL Pads' 3-4 week wait, is that gone now? Because I just checked the purchase page of it on the V-Moda site, and where it usually says it won't be shipped until in 3-4 weeks time - that notification is gone?

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #16,493 of 23,366
For the XL Pads' 3-4 week wait, is that gone now? Because I just checked the purchase page of it on the V-Moda site, and where it usually says it won't be shipped until in 3-4 weeks time - that notification is gone?

Nope, still said ship in 3-4 weeks.

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #16,496 of 23,366
  Hey, is the CoilPro heavy? Is it pulling on your cup? Any other disadvantages? Thanks.

It has a bit of weight but not exactly pulling.  It has a lock too so it is rather secure.  The coil part is only about a foot, so stretch it out to loosen it up before you use it.

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #16,498 of 23,366
The CoilPro cable is more for DJing and will stretch up to 12 feet.  The SharePlay cable connection is parallel so it won't work, unless you get yourself a female to female 3.5mm coupler.

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #16,500 of 23,366
  I see, but if I have the need for a longer cable with no DJing in mind, would you still recommend the CoilPro? Did your order the XL pads?

If you need a 12 feet straight cable then no, because the CoilPro is about 2.5 feet max coiled up new.  But if you have pets that chew or want something really heavy duty, then the CoilPro is a good one to have.  I did ordered the XL pads as soon as it came out and was still listed under VTF, but I am still waiting just like all the other ones here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back