V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #16,441 of 23,366
Ohhh.. am I hearing the first rumblings of a V-MODA "REVOLVER" release!? 
size]
 "uber-flagship that has been in development for 9+ years" sounds like what I've heard of it so far! Hopefully it sounds as good as we're all hoping it does! 

Please Val, make sure they're comfortable, the only downside to the M-100's was that the padding on both the pads and the headband were too thin for a lot of people - fix that, and we're awesome!

Let us know if we're on track, and when you're expecting it to be out by! (2014? 2015?)

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #16,442 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Somehow I seem to connect the dots....

Hey Val remember this ----> "Life revolves around music...."

Yes I do! It's my first and flagship concept ever "Revolver", it just hasnt made it to market in 8 years plus... Rome wasn't built in a day, but the R&D DNA from the uber flagship is in all our products. I like to think of it as Formula 1 research.

M-100 is inching closer, in a few hours I'm signing off on PP (pilot production) acoustics and colors!

Val has mentioned the "Revolver" for quite some time now. XD

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #16,443 of 23,366
Ohhh.. am I hearing the first rumblings of a V-MODA "REVOLVER" release!? 
size]

"
uber-flagship that has been in development for 9+ years" sounds like what I've heard of it so far! 
Hopefully it sounds as good as we're all hoping it does! 

Please Val, make sure they're comfortable, the only downside to the M-100's was that the padding on both the pads and the headband were too thin for a lot of people - fix that, and we're awesome!

Let us know if we're on track, and when you're expecting it to be out by! (2014? 2015?)

You can buy the new XL Pads for your M-100's.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #16,444 of 23,366
Quote:
You can buy the new XL Pads for your M-100's.

That would do nothing for the thin headband padding that caused headaches for me when I originally owned the M-100's. Both pad depth and headband thickness need to be adjusted for the flagship to truly be a flagship.

As a show of respect and faith in Val - I plan to stick to my current headphones for now instead of buying a replacement. I want to see this "Revolver" very, very much.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #16,445 of 23,366
That would do nothing for the thin headband padding that caused headaches for me when I originally owned the M-100's. Both pad depth and headband thickness need to be adjusted for the flagship to truly be a flagship.

As a show of respect and faith in Val - I plan to stick to my current headphones for now instead of buying a replacement. I want to see this "Revolver" very, very much.

You can always buy a headband padding wrap from Beyer.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #16,447 of 23,366
That ruins the aesthetics of the V-MODA brand that probably helped convince a lot of people - including me - to buy the headphones in the first place.

Lol

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #16,448 of 23,366
The M-100 just received an intense inspection by my son. He did not throw them around fortunately, but pulled at each and every cord, rotated the cups and poked and pinched the pads... and was obviously quite satisfied with his findings.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #16,449 of 23,366
Question for Val or anyone with knowledge:  I currently use a ipod classic 160gb with apple lossless as my source and vmoda M-100 for headphones.  My dac/amp is a fostex hp-p1.  Would I gain anything by switching to a vamp verza?  I know it is more versatile but how does it sound in comparison to the fostex with my M-100.  Anybody having both I would appreciate your opinion and input

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #16,450 of 23,366
The VERZA has almost double the power and it is tuned using the M-100, so I think you will be happy of the switch.

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #16,451 of 23,366
We're on the cusp of new gear, and the specs, convenience and resolution are only going to get better -- especially when it comes to DACs (see this Kickstarter campaign for the resolution you can expect eventually from portable gear even though the GEEK is USB-powered).

Since you already have the Fostex, and since M-100s are easy to drive, you might want to wait at least one more generation to upgrade (or for prices to go down).

Portable DAC/amps are fascinating, and the Verza's exceptionally pretty, but your Fostex gets the job done.

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #16,452 of 23,366
Quote:
ROADMAP
V-MODA has an uber-flagship that has been in development for 9+ years and a new IEM coming out in 2014... Plus I own every version of our headphones wireless (I hate them all). Truly.. prove me wrong I've tried every chipset on the planet and they all ___ long term.

M-100 and "XS" are the versatile models that will fit 95% of the market's needs.  But I am doubling down on analog as always with crazy products like VAMP VERZA.

As Oakenfold once told me when I was on Madonna's tour - that's how we roll!!! 

Does uber-flagshig also mean uber-expensive? Need to know if I should  start putting money aside for it. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #16,453 of 23,366
Just wanted to post that I've had the M-100 for one month now and I've been enjoying them greatly. Absolutely love the sound quality and the comfort is not bad at all (the pads do get warm and I have to air my ears after some time, but that's not a big deal).

Great job Val!

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #16,454 of 23,366
Quote:

Does uber-flagshig also mean uber-expensive? Need to know if I should  start putting money aside for it. 

I think V-Moda won't be the first guys to shoot up prices skyhigh, my own bet is $499, any takers? ^^ That price just "fits". 

- My guess goes something along the lines add to Revolver apart from M100;

- Rotating cups (pretty much confirmed, also where the name comes from)
- XL pads dimensions are standard (possibly changed material to a higher quality one)
- Tweaked frequency response; slightly more forward lower-midrange, slightly less bass, ultra high highs extension without any sibilance peaks
- Maybe tweaked cup shape and or vents (I vote one slightly bigger "V" instead of 3 small V's) 
- All metal or hybrid metal-wooden design; no plastic parts!
- $499 MSRP
etc.

This roughly what I'd expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back