V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #16,010 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes, this is the one I was referring, but since it is only $3.6, I wouldn't be too upset about it's microphonics.

I think the NuForce cable might work too:
http://estore.nuforce.com/transient-cable-high-performance-3-5mm-stereo-cable/

p.s. just ordered it to test it out.

Nice find, I've always been on the lookout for a purchasable pretty decent looking cable with low-profile jack as it will work with most/all headphones with detachable cable. 1.5m is also the exact length I want. :)

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #16,011 of 23,366
Quote:
Hi guys,

First of all, I am terribly sorry if this is in the wrong topic but I am having a current dilemma in choosing my best portable headphone. I am left with the V-Moda M-100 and the Logitech UE 6000, but both have downfalls for me so I am not sure what to choose. I don't use an amp but this headphone is mainly for portable use and walking around with my iPhone. I have a normal standard ear compare to others and my ears are not VERY BIG. Almost like this sweet pretty gurl does :) http://www.davidsayah.com/asset/images/david-sayah-ear-surgery.jpg

V-Moda
- Better sound that UE6000 - Tried them both
- Never notice any discomfort, only able to use it for about 10 minutes because the employee keep looking at me :frowning2: It's a retail outlet, I am not from US though so it's just a normal retail shop :) I might visit them again though
- Stays and clamps on my head very well, didn't fall when I moved around! 
- 45" angle jack which is very strong and durable!
- Doesn't have a volume control capability for my iPhone
- $100 more
- Don't really care about noise cancellation, either way works fine for me, not too worried about them

UE 6000
- Super Duper Comfortable (Straight out putting on my head, I know I can use it for hours without discomfort, very soft)
- Volume Control Capability
- $100 cheaper
- 90" angle, standard headphones but not as good as 45"
- The sound on passive mode sounds much more better, active mode wasn't as good (have plenty of rechargeable batteries so not to worry)
- DOESN'T stay on my head much, whenever I move around, I would always have the feeling that it might drop

I mainly listen to musics such as Pop / Rock / Alternative / Dance / Hip-Hop / Dubstep / Trance
- spending $100 extra for the v-moda is not a problem for me

So in terms of comfort, I have an average size ear, but I have heard many people over here saying its uncomfortable :frowning2: 
So this is my dilemma, I am not sure which to pick. I only want this 2 as it is portable and great looking :)

So which to I pick?

Thanks

I think for most people, at least from what I've read and experienced, the M-100s generally start of comfortable and then slowly get more uncomfortable past ~30 minutes when the pads start to deflate and causes your ears to touch the drivers. Like others have said, you can buy them directly off V-Moda and if they get too uncomfortable for you, you can return them within 60 days for a full refund. For modern music, I'd say the M-100s are the kings of portability.

edit; noticed your newest post. If you can buy it from Amazon, they also offer free return shipping.

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #16,012 of 23,366
I am living in Malaysia and I wouldn't want the hassle to send it back thousand miles from my place :frowning2:

shipping would be too expensive for me too, roughly about $50-100 :frowning2:

What's wrong with them looking at you, dude? You're considering your purchase, if they don't like it they shouldn't have it on display. If you're about to spend 300 usd on some shoes you'd try them on so what's so weird about trying on something that's gonna go on your head?
It'd be weirder to part with that kind of money without seeing if you like them, imo.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #16,014 of 23,366
Well, its just weird, I am the only one in the store, theres employees there, the unit is not on display though, they have to take it out and let me try and monitor me so I won't steal it lol

But imma try it again and see how it goes

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #16,015 of 23,366
Quote:
What's wrong with them looking at you, dude? You're considering your purchase, if they don't like it they shouldn't have it on display. If you're about to spend 300 usd on some shoes you'd try them on so what's so weird about trying on something that's gonna go on your head?
It'd be weirder to part with that kind of money without seeing if you like them, imo.

Well, its just weird, I am the only one in the store, theres employees there, the unit is not on display though, they have to take it out and let me try and monitor me so I won't steal it lol

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #16,016 of 23,366
Quote:

Yeah, that's absolutely normal. They can stare all they want, if you're not doing anything wrong aside from testing out their gear, then you will be fine.

It's worth the retry anyways:) After all, you are in a decision-making situation!

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #16,017 of 23,366
Quote:
I think for most people, at least from what I've read and experienced, the M-100s generally start of comfortable and then slowly get more uncomfortable past ~30 minutes when the pads start to deflate and causes your ears to touch the drivers. Like others have said, you can buy them directly off V-Moda and if they get too uncomfortable for you, you can return them within 60 days for a full refund. For modern music, I'd say the M-100s are the kings of portability.

edit; noticed your newest post. If you can buy it from Amazon, they also offer free return shipping.

Yeah but for spending $300, I wouldn't want any troubles with it, besides shipping from Malaysia to US already cost about $50, by then I would have went for the UE without spending any money and time for them to return me back my $, by then all the trouble would have cost me about one months time for everything to be done

So I have tried the UE6000 for several times, Best COMFORT, DOESNT HOLD UP TO YOUR HEAD, it will make you feel like its gonna drop

M-100, everything's fine and good, just the comfort I am worried, although I have heard some paper towel mods before, does that help? and is val kolton gonna release the XL earpads? when would it be and must I pay for it?

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #16,018 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah but for spending $300, I wouldn't want any troubles with it, besides shipping from Malaysia to US already cost about $50, by then I would have went for the UE without spending any money and time for them to return me back my $, by then all the trouble would have cost me about one months time for everything to be done

So I have tried the UE6000 for several times, Best COMFORT, DOESNT HOLD UP TO YOUR HEAD, it will make you feel like its gonna drop

M-100, everything's fine and good, just the comfort I am worried, although I have heard some paper towel mods before, does that help? and is val kolton gonna release the XL earpads? when would it be and must I pay for it?

I have owned the M-100 for over a year and no comfort issues, would just prefer XL pads which seem to be coming soon.  UE6000 is very comfortable, but I would say go with M-100.  Of course, my answer to every headphone decision under $300 is go with M-100
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #16,019 of 23,366
Quote:
I have owned the M-100 for over a year and no comfort issues, would just prefer XL pads which seem to be coming soon.  UE6000 is very comfortable, but I would say go with M-100.  Of course, my answer to every headphone decision under $300 is go with M-100
bigsmile_face.gif

For my genre Pop/Rock/Alternative/Trance/Dance/Dubstep do you think there's a big difference in terms of SQ between those 2 pairs?

Which do you prefer in terms of comfort? M-100 or the UE6000? 

And have you notice if you walk around with the UE6000s on, do you have a feel that it's gonna drop? I tried the M-100s, they clamp to your head and they aren't going anywhere when you move!

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #16,020 of 23,366
M-100 hands down, but you can wait for the XL pads and get an extra 3 button cable along with it when you decided to buy.  That way you will have everything that you want in one go and not suffer additional shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back