V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xctfeuph

New Head-Fier
If you had to pick one of these headphones, which would it be? Sound quality is my top priority, but build quality and comfort are also important. I can't decide between these two. If you have suggestions in a comparable price range that you think are better than either for a all around, closed back, at least somewhat portable over-ear headphone that still has a decent amount of bass, that would also be helpful. Thanks!

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 8
The V-Moda definately have more features over the Audio Technica, with the removable cable, customizable shields, hard case, almost full body metal construction. But coming from an owner I can tell you they could be much better.

Depending on what you listen to you might enjoy them, they have bloated extended bass, not exactly the good kind. The bass has PLENTY of quantity, but the quality is only barely par. 

In the end its up to you, but I personally wish I had gotten something else.

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 8
Basically I like everything about those headphones (the LP2s) except for what I've been hearing about the sound quality. I really want something that won't break easy, and probably something with a detachable cable. Can you think of anything with similar build quality that would have better sound for the price? I listen to a huge variety of music, from classical to rap/pop, to some rock. I'd also like to use these for movies with my laptop. I know that I like a higher-then-average amount of bass, and I don't like anything overly bright. This will be my first pair of headphones over $40 or so, so I'm not super experienced with stuff. Would the Audio Technicas be a good alternative or would something else be better?

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 8
Both are dark sounding headphones, the Audio Technica sounds a little better refined, especially in the bass.

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 8
If you can throw in an extra $100 you can get the V-Moda M-100, cost a total of $300. They look exactly like the LP2 but they fold making them more portable. They also have faaaar better sound quality. They come with 2 removeable cables, and a hard shell case.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
If you can throw in an extra $100 you can get the V-Moda M-100, cost a total of $300. They look exactly like the LP2 but they fold making them more portable. They also have faaaar better sound quality. They come with 2 removeable cables, and a hard shell case.

$100 bucks is a lot but I agree that the m-100 out shines both substantially. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 8
How do you feel about the M-Audio Studiophile Q40s? I just saw a recommendation for these today and I was wondering how they compare to the Audio Technicas. I think I would like the M100s, but I don't really have $300 to spend right now unfortunately. 

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
How do you feel about the M-Audio Studiophile Q40s? I just saw a recommendation for these today and I was wondering how they compare to the Audio Technicas. I think I would like the M100s, but I don't really have $300 to spend right now unfortunately. 

I think the q40s would be much better IMO. The sound quality alone would be worth the upgrade. The 700s would just have more kick to the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back