V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 27, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #812 of 1,160
Decided to pull the trigger on getting a these.

I've been using the Momentum Wireless for a year, but haven't been all that happy with them. Issues with the bluetooth etc. Close between the cfw and Sony MDR-1ABT, but decided to go for the V-Moda's. Should be here on Friday. 

Taking them for a trip over the Atlantic in the second week in Feb. Looking forward in hearing how they perform. Also ordered the XL pads, and a 3 button remote. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #814 of 1,160
Yeah, Momentums of all models are the most overhyped,overpriced headphones on the market.

They look nice, good build quality and found them really comfy. But even with the discount voucher I had, bought them down to £320 I still think that was expensive. Haven't been all that impressed with them. They were just ok which for £380 pair of headphones isn't great.

Managed to sell them to a guy at work, nice little bonus.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #815 of 1,160
They look nice, good build quality and found them really comfy. But even with the discount voucher I had, bought them down to £320 I still think that was expensive. Haven't been all that impressed with them. They were just ok which for £380 pair of headphones isn't great.

Managed to sell them to a guy at work, nice little bonus.

I bought the Momentum 1 over ear for $160 aud and I returned them. Just boring as hell. I tried the on ears, M2 over, and wireless, and I got the same impression with all of them. Just my opinion of course.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #816 of 1,160
I bought the regular V Moda M100s on a Black Friday sale, I can still return them though. I am considering getting the bluetooth version considering my next phone my not have a 3.5mm slot. Has anyone noticed any improvements of the original M100 with the bluetooth version? More comfy for example? Or is it pretty much the same thing but wireless?

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #817 of 1,160

I auditioned the M100's and the 1A's at B&H and noticed the wider soundstage on the Sony's. The M100's had too much of a boxy sound, I suppose because of the narrow(er) soundstage. I ended up with the 1ABT's because the 1A's were sold out at the time of purchase, lol. They are bulky but still great looking cans. I LOVED the low end of the V-modas but I ultimately preferred the sound of the Sonys for the music I listen to.....House, Techno, DNB, Rock, Jazz. The Momentum 2's were nice as well but I'm not sure if the wireless variant are as good or better. They lack the low end of the Vmodas and Sonys but the clarity was phenomenal! 

You would probably like these with the XL pads going by your description of the Sony's.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #819 of 1,160

Thanks! I'll give them a shot if it opens up the soundstage! My dad likes my Sony's so I can give them to him if I end up liking the Vmodas.. 

You should search the m100 thread for more opinions on the XL pads as well before you spend more $$$, don't just take my word for it as different people seem to get different results with the XL pads probably down to fit and head size.

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #821 of 1,160
Exactly why I ship to the office 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #822 of 1,160
I am at a bit of a loss as to what to think/do with my CFWs. I'm a big fan of V-Moda products in general and love their build qualities and sound. That being said my CFWs have a very distinct hiss underlying quiet passages of music and between tracks. It seems to have intensified over time to the point that I can't stand to listen to them wirelessly any more. This is my 3rd pair that have had this issue. Given the detailed ears that listen and post on this site, I'm very surprised this hasn't been a major topic with these headphones, so did I just get unlucky 3 times in a row or is there another explanation? I'm not buying that its inherent to BT, because I've had other much cheaper BT headphones without a hint of the hiss. Any suggestions?

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #823 of 1,160
I am at a bit of a loss as to what to think/do with my CFWs. I'm a big fan of V-Moda products in general and love their build qualities and sound. That being said my CFWs have a very distinct hiss underlying quiet passages of music and between tracks. It seems to have intensified over time to the point that I can't stand to listen to them wirelessly any more. This is my 3rd pair that have had this issue. Given the detailed ears that listen and post on this site, I'm very surprised this hasn't been a major topic with these headphones, so did I just get unlucky 3 times in a row or is there another explanation? I'm not buying that its inherent to BT, because I've had other much cheaper BT headphones without a hint of the hiss. Any suggestions?

Did you try testing them wirelessly on another source?

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #825 of 1,160

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5. Sent an email to V-Moda regarding this and while they didn't have an answer to my problem, they offered me a replacement (if I believe my headphones are defect). Anyone else with an iPhone that does NOT have to turn their volume to a minimum? Just want to know if this is a production batch or a general problem with the BT. Thanks

Interesting. I assumed this was just a firmware issue. Interestingly enough, if I toggle down the volume a step, then put it back up a step, the volume is normalized. So the headphone volume and the phone volume aren't quite in sync, it just takes a nudge.

I've been using my headphones daily at work for the last two weeks and it is definitely a iOS volume-synch-issue, just like you mentioned. I have the exact problem with my iPad (but not on my MBP). I've also found a little more complicated trick, if toggling the volume doesn't work - turning on the equaliser > lowering the volume by dragging the EQ to the bottom > raising the volume on the iPhone to mid > and then turning off the EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back