V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 27, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #512 of 1,160

There's always V-MODA's Immortal Life program for when the battery fails. But agreed, it would be nice if it were user replaceable
biggrin.gif

The Immortal Life program is the only way I was able to convince myself to go with wireless from V-Moda.  I have to admit though, its not hard for me to convince myself when I already want something lol

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #513 of 1,160

Yes, no doubt that it shouldn't be too hard but I don't want to take apart my new toy just yet :p

The Immortal Life program is the only way I was able to convince myself to go with wireless from V-Moda.  I have to admit though, its not hard for me to convince myself when I already want something lol

Thankfully, we do not have to worry about battery replacements for a few years as they can be charged many times.  However, rest assured if you need a new battery in the product lifespan we will have a fair and simple program ready. We do not wish for users to swap batteries as it could damage the sound seal and air flow mechanics.

#SIXSTARSERVICE CEO

-V

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #514 of 1,160

Thankfully, we do not have to worry about battery replacements for a few years as they can be charged many times.  However, rest assured if you need a new battery in the product lifespan we will have a fair and simple program ready. We do not wish for users to swap batteries as it could damage the sound seal and air flow mechanics.

#SIXSTARSERVICE CEO

-V

Good point. Will it be included in the warranty or is it something you will have to pay for? If so, how much will it cost? 

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #515 of 1,160

#SIXSTARSERVICE CEO

-V

This makes me very happy.  Thanks.

I am new to joining the forum but I have read from it for a while now and part of the reason I was sold on V-Moda was your involvement in the community here.  It is appreciated and none of your products have disappointed me yet.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #516 of 1,160
So I just received my pair of the cross fade wireless and I have got to say they sound absolutely phenomenal in both wired and wireless modes. My one question is about charging. It may be a dumb question but will it be okay to use a phone wall charger with the USB cable to charge the headphones as I don't always have quick access to a computer with a USB port on it. I'd hate to somehow damage the battery by doing this.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #517 of 1,160
  So I just received my pair of the cross fade wireless and I have got to say they sound absolutely phenomenal in both wired and wireless modes. My one question is about charging. It may be a dumb question but will it be okay to use a phone wall charger with the USB cable to charge the headphones as I don't always have quick access to a computer with a USB port on it. I'd hate to somehow damage the battery by doing this.

That should be fine since you only receive the cable and not the adapter. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #518 of 1,160

In general I would say yes.  I personally don't like to use cheap chargers to charge up any of my devices but the ones that come with your phone should be safe generally speaking.  In my understanding, a device will only draw as much current as it can.  So something may charge faster or slower but never too fast or too slow, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #523 of 1,160

Wondering about Gunmetal versions for your CFW or LP.  My gunmetal CFW as pictured above has this bluish tint which shows up in pictures as those blue stripes.  I was wondering if anyone else has the same tint to their gunmetal versions of V-Moda headphones.

This is what I expected.  A matte greyish gunmetal whereas mine is more of a polished chrome with a blue tint.  In less light it looks like a polished gunmetal but it isn't quite what I expected.  To be honest I think my shields looks pretty cool and kind of unique but I just wondered if this was isolated or if this is how V-Moda gunmetal is across the board.

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #524 of 1,160

Wondering about Gunmetal versions for your CFW or LP.  My gunmetal CFW as pictured above has this bluish tint which shows up in pictures as those blue stripes.  I was wondering if anyone else has the same tint to their gunmetal versions of V-Moda headphones.

This is what I expected.  A matte greyish gunmetal whereas mine is more of a polished chrome with a blue tint.  In less light it looks like a polished gunmetal but it isn't quite what I expected.  To be honest I think my shields looks pretty cool and kind of unique but I just wondered if this was isolated or if this is how V-Moda gunmetal is across the board.

My shields came the same way. Probably a tempering thing tbh. If you're a DIY kinda guy, you could just go over it with fine grit sand paper and get a matte finish. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back