V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 11, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #196 of 1,160
At this point, can Head-Fi members still receive the shield voucher with purchase? The main reason I didn't purchase yet is I'm waiting for more feedback since I don't want to have to return the CW if I prefer the M-100's sound.

Seriously, more often than not when I wear the M-100 I want to tell people how amazing they sound. I don't want to make a mistake and not enjoy the Wireless as much! :)

Getting more used to the comfort too. Truth is I probably am just not used to over-ear headphones.

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #197 of 1,160
Wish vmoda didn't use usps. Eta was yesterday but my package has literally been circulating around California all week and I'm a few states away.. Got the biggest blue balls ever.

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #199 of 1,160
At this point, can Head-Fi members still receive the shield voucher with purchase? The main reason I didn't purchase yet is I'm waiting for more feedback since I don't want to have to return the CW if I prefer the M-100's sound.

Seriously, more often than not when I wear the M-100 I want to tell people how amazing they sound. I don't want to make a mistake and not enjoy the Wireless as much! :)

Getting more used to the comfort too. Truth is I probably am just not used to over-ear headphones.

That would be entirely unfair for those who ordered early are still waiting.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #201 of 1,160
So after waiting on hold for 2 hours, what do I say to them to help them sort it out?

Tell them that your package is late and that you have been seeing it travel around on the tracker. Ask them if it can be put back on the right path/truck. My issue was that it was never taken out of a truck.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #202 of 1,160
That would be entirely unfair for those who ordered early are still waiting.

Well, I've been strongly debating between ordering since the announcement. Couldn't hurt if just Head-Fi members still receive the voucher, considering it's technically still a pre-sale for the Rogue.

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #203 of 1,160
  Many V-MODA customers & fans prefer the non-foldable version of our headphones.
Infact, around 50% of the headphones we sold last year were without the hinge (M-80, Crossfade LP, Crossfade LP2 etc.).

Moreover, many V-MODA products with 4.5-4.7 ratings are on our non-foldable headphones.  

Our CliqFold is a great feature, but it is not in the top top feature list to get a great review. Additionally, our headphones silhouette is overall slimmer than most and the small exo-sketeleton case is form-fitted to take up the least volume possible.  Compare the cases of sunglasses and competitors that could fit almost up to two pairs!

I think your statement contradicts itself. If the CliqFold is not a "top feature", then you are acknowledging the fact that that 50% of customers didn't buy those headphones because of not having CliqFold - it was simply the price point that those headphones came in at.

I just find it strange that a company would take one (big) step forward with Bluetooth wireless and then actively not include a feature that was already previously available?

I think it's simple marketing strategy: Cut back features to save room for upgrades later. Or as one other poster said, repurpose the surplus of the non-hinged parts. Had it been an engineering difficulty, I think it would have been mentioned. But it doesn't take an engineer to see that the hinge is completely external and does not rely on any internal parts for the feature to work. 

Not to mention the atypical shadiness surrounding the subject not usual of V-moda. Ignoring the subject entirely but answering other questions.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #206 of 1,160

SIX STAR SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
One-Year Warranty - Immortal Life Program - 60-Day Test Drive Guarantee: Each Crossfade Wireless purchased from a Verified Reseller is backed by a 1-Year V-MODA Premier Warranty, more than double the industry average. In the unlikely event you run over your headphones with a tank, weith the V-MODA Immortal Life Program, you get 50% off a replacement for a lifetime. V-MODA is so confident the Crossfade Wireless is a superior headphone, it even offers an unrivaled 60-Day test drive guarantee. 25% restocking fee for 3D custom models.

How is a 1 year warranty more than DOUBLE the industry average? 1 year IS the standard for warranty in most if not all industries...
Unless they mean't their TEST DRIVE duration, which is not considered as warranty IMO
- See more at: https://v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless#sixstar

h

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #207 of 1,160
At this point I'm considering a refund. This is getting rediculous to wait this long. I feel bad for anyone wanting to purchase rogue red or gun metal at this point. 4-6 wait period. Rediculous. I'll see if I can get my gunmetal changed to a white pair and if not then I ll get a refund.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #208 of 1,160
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
At this point I'm considering a refund. This is getting rediculous to wait this long. I feel bad for anyone wanting to purchase rogue red or gun metal at this point. 4-6 wait period. Rediculous. I'll see if I can get my gunmetal changed to a white pair and if not then I ll get a refund.

I understand being frustrated over the wait, but calling things ridiculous is a bit much at this point. In the original post Val said the units were expected to ship in ~3 weeks. That post was made <4 weeks ago. Any time a new product is announced and released there is a possibility of delays. I'd look at the early availability of the white and chrome as a bonus to those who ordered them, not a negative to those who ordered other colors. Personally, I'd rather them take a little longer and get a quality product to me rather than rushing out something with a high defect rate.

For the record, I'm in the same boat. Anxiously awaiting a gunmetal pair.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #209 of 1,160

How is a 1 year warranty more than DOUBLE the industry average? 1 year IS the standard for warranty in most if not all industries...
Unless they mean't their TEST DRIVE duration, which is not considered as warranty IMO
- See more at: https://v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless#sixstar

h

THAT is ridiculous. I'm surprised the warranty is so short given how much the company prizes itself on the build of their products.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #210 of 1,160

Don't worry... Once it actually ships you get to look forward to USPS royally screwing up your shipment :p

I feel you though, I would have gone with black if it hadnt been delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back