V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 4, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #856 of 1,160
Thanks for the info bro. I'm about to retest the mdr1abt myself. I think i might be leaning toward that for my bluetooth driver. I still have my wife's m100 if I ever feel the v-moda itch. I have to give the mdr1abt a more thorough test. I only gave it a little over an hour before making a rash decision. I have the brown ones on order now.

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #857 of 1,160
Thanks for the info bro. I'm about to retest the mdr1abt myself. I think i might be leaning toward that for my bluetooth driver. I still have my wife's m100 if I ever feel the v-moda itch. I have to give the mdr1abt a more thorough test. I only gave it a little over an hour before making a rash decision. I have the brown ones on order now.

The Sony is clear ly better in bt mode to my ears

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #858 of 1,160
I'm looking at investing in some pro digital wireles iem*s instead of consumer stuff, meaning, using any headphone/iem I want and then a pro wireless transmitter and receiver, preferably in the 2.4ghz wifi range, not bluetooth cr@p :)

edit: but have a look at this page for suggestions, if you haven't seen it already :) http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-wireless

I think you should have gone with them from the start. V Moda never marketed the cfw for professional monitoring purposes. No other consumer brand bt headphone seems to have been marketed in this way either. What were you expecting?

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #859 of 1,160
The Sony is clear ly better in bt mode to my ears

This is true.  It certainly helps that Sony supports the higher res bluetooth codecs (aptx and the new ldac).  You definitely can tell the difference, even just streaming Google Music from my MacBook pro.

The CFW is better in wired mode.

So compromise is in order somewhere.  What's most important?  If it's bluetooth listening at all times, get the MDR-1ABT...if you will do any wired listening, the CFW is probably better.

It just sucks there is not one clearly superior option.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #860 of 1,160
This is true.  It certainly helps that Sony supports the higher res bluetooth codecs (aptx and the new ldac).  You definitely can tell the difference, even just streaming Google Music from my MacBook pro.

The CFW is better in wired mode.

So compromise is in order somewhere.  What's most important?  If it's bluetooth listening at all times, get the MDR-1ABT...if you will do any wired listening, the CFW is probably better.

It just sucks there is not one clearly superior option.

It really does suck. I use Bluetooth about 50% of the time. I might be Bluetooth 100% of the time if I choose the mdr1abt because the battery life is so much better. I might go that route just bc I can always use my wife's m100 whenever I want.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #861 of 1,160
It really does suck. I use Bluetooth about 50% of the time. I might be Bluetooth 100% of the time if I choose the mdr1abt because the battery life is so much better. I might go that route just bc I can always use my wife's m100 whenever I want.

Because I go wired most of the time, just for clarities sake, I'm probably going to sell my MDR1ABT...if you're interested.  :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #863 of 1,160
How do CFWs sound wired?  The headphones reportedly sound very similar wired/unwired and that surprises most reviewers.  Is the wired sound "dumbed down" in any manner?

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #866 of 1,160
  How do CFWs sound wired?  The headphones reportedly sound very similar wired/unwired and that surprises most reviewers.  Is the wired sound "dumbed down" in any manner?

The better the amp the better they sound.

Is the high volume clipping that some members are experiencing present in all of them when used wirelessly I wonder?

I've not heard clipping at all, maybe a little distortion on max volume with some tracks, but that wouldn't be a problem for long as you would probably go deaf within a week at max volume.

On a side note I just got my dad the Ausdom M05 after reading Tyll's review, what a great little bluetooth pair of cans for price performance.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #867 of 1,160

The better the amp the better they sound.

I've not heard clipping at all, maybe a little distortion on max volume with some tracks, but that wouldn't be a problem for long as you would probably go deaf within a week at max volume.

On a side note I just got my dad the Ausdom M05 after reading Tyll's review, what a great little bluetooth pair of cans for price performance.

The Ausdom M05s have promise for their intended purpose.  I think in my scenario, CFWs might be the best compromise. 

Headphones are a quick path to go down.  I started out searching for a basic blue tooth headset mostly to watch movies/tv.  Then I started looking at better headsets that can pump some good sounding music in addition to movies/tv.  My main home theater set-up is great, but with an infant in the house, rumbling walls doesn't go over well.  With Bose QC 15s for flying and Shure in-ear buds for the gym, the CFWs should be a good alternative. 

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #868 of 1,160

The Ausdom M05s have promise for their intended purpose.  I think in my scenario, CFWs might be the best compromise. 

The Ausdom M05s price is budget but the performance is not. I'm considering getting myself a pair for bluetooth use and I already own the CFW, and I'm not easily pleased.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #870 of 1,160
What's funny about Tyll's review is that he raved about the m100 and how fun it sounded...suddenly that same sound is no longer good for music listening to him. Only movies. All because of the modern audiophile label? Weren't the m100 classified the same way? It's interesting watching reviews and how peoples tastes change.

Another topic. Sony Mdr1abt owners, did you find the vocals to aound a bit hollow? Im liking the soundstage on them, but vocals and where the bass kicks sound a bit weird to me. I'll keep playing with them over the weekend but I don't know, I may be sticking with the cfw afterall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back