V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 13, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #439 of 1,160
steel shields has arrived. and it looks awesome. my only gripe is crossfade feels slightly less premium than m100 (like in headband stitching and material, for instance). but from initial listening i think it has slight improvement in the mids (which is my only gripe with m100)

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #440 of 1,160
  Where do you preview this designs?  When i try to customize the shields on the headphones or just buying the shields separately, i browse a png image and it says preview not available, and to check to allow vmoda to use my design

downloaded their photoshop file and place my image's layer on it using gimp

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #442 of 1,160
just attach the design as png. they will contact you if it's not possible to be done. i downloaded their photoshop file and edit it in gimp just because i have obsession in details. they resized my design though, because it's larger than the safe area. there are no 'colors' in shield design, as 3D shield will be forged in the shield's color and 2D shield will be etched as white

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #443 of 1,160
just attach the design as png. they will contact you if it's not possible to be done. i downloaded their photoshop file and edit it in gimp just because i have obsession in details. they resized my design though, because it's larger than the safe area. there are no 'colors' in shield design, as 3D shield will be forged in the shield's color and 2D shield will be etched as white

Got it! What color is the one in the picture you uploaded, matte black? Looks nice

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #446 of 1,160
I think I underestimated the utility of being wireless.

Even though I prefer them a little more when wired and amp'd, I've only been listening to my wireless M-100 via Bluetooth for the past week.  It's so convenient that I haven't pulled out my other full-size headphones and amps since a day or two after I came back from RMAF.  

At this point I do prefer them wireless from my iPhone 6+ than wired directly out of the 6+ headphone jack.  When using an amp like the mDAC and camera connection kit I couldn't use the microphone, so using BT is more versatile as well.

Battery life has been good, and although I haven't timed the battery until it dies I can listen for a few hours a day for 4 days in a row before I bother to top off the battery.  Better to top it off than have it run out when I need them.

So, in summary I don't see any reason to have my wired-only M-100, except as spares for a friend to use.  I'm seriously considering gifting my old M-100 to my brother, along with my old iPad Air, since he doesn't make much money and doesn't have many toys.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #447 of 1,160
  that's matte black steel shield. nope, i sent them mirrored design but they forged it two of the same sides. if you send mirrored design for 2D shield, they will print it mirrored, like my previous m100 shields.

We are working on this in the future... perhaps ask in the notes?  Maybe in future we can do it... but it is double the designer's time!

I think I underestimated the utility of being wireless.

Even though I prefer them a little more when wired and amp'd, I've only been listening to my wireless M-100 via Bluetooth for the past week.  It's so convenient that I haven't pulled out my other full-size headphones and amps since a day or two after I came back from RMAF.  

At this point I do prefer them wireless from my iPhone 6+ than wired directly out of the 6+ headphone jack.  When using an amp like the mDAC and camera connection kit I couldn't use the microphone, so using BT is more versatile as well.

So, in summary I don't see any reason to have my wired-only M-100, except as spares for a friend to use. 

Great to hear, even me and Anakchan have cut the cord, finally... For most uses, not for music production/gaming.  But it is good enough for everyday listening.

We also have a MICRO-VAMP inside it, so that is some of our "voodoo" magic... more details to come.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #448 of 1,160
NY TIMES CROSSFADE WIRELESS TODAY,

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT - GET A COPY!

Article Link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/technology/personaltech/listening-for-the-headphones-you-want.html?src=me  

Listening for the Headphones You Want

By GREGORY SCHMIDTOCT. 14, 2015

Whether you’re a music enthusiast or a casual listener, picking an audio device can be daunting. The choices go on and on, and the high prices of many make it easy to make an expensive mistake. To help, make a playlist of your favorite tunes to use while sampling speakers and headphones in store to make sure you like what you hear. Here are some devices worth trying.

V-Moda Crossfade Wireless Headphones

Photo  
\

CreditTony Cenicola/The New York Times $300
The V-Moda Crossfade headphones are popular among both D.J.s and trendsetters because their quality sound is matched by their stylish look. Having built a reputation for blending fashion and performance, V-Moda seemed reluctant to jam extra technology into the headphones to create a wireless version, since it is easy to lose sound quality when going wireless. But the company has managed to incorporate Bluetooth technology into the Crossfade Wireless without sacrificing anything noticeable in either performance or design.
The wireless headphones run on a rechargeable battery, but if you run out of battery power, V-Moda provides a rugged audio cable for wired use. And you can personalize the look of your V-Moda headphones with interchangeable shields for the exterior of the ear cups, including new luxury 3-D printed shields in precious metals like sterling silver, 14-karat gold and platinum. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #450 of 1,160
uh, where do we find the serial number to register the headphone? can't find the 14 or 16 digits one, only got the 10 digits on the headphone and 12 digits on the box

I contacted customer support about the same thing.

Richard, Sep 28, 9:01 AM:

No need to worry about registering your headphones. It is not necessary. Your headphones automatically come with a 1 or 2 year manufacturer warranty (depending on the model) when purchased from an authorized seller. All we ask is that you hold on to your receipt as that will be the only thing required if you need a replacement, or repair.

Rock On,

Richard

V-MODA Customer Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back