V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 9, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #421 of 1,160
I agree about lack of reviews. When folks on this thread starting receiving their orders I asked for some sq reviews....nothing

Did you see my mini review two posts up from yours?

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #422 of 1,160
Did you see my mini review two posts up from yours?

Nice comments. I have owned the M100, returned them very quick. The M100 bass didn't appear to allow much detail to shine through, maybe because of the bass.

I really loved the XS and kept those for a while , but they didn't isolate well at all and they shifted on the head with the slightest movement. Those two things actually caused me to sell. 

So, knowing those are my issues with the two VModa products, are these worth the try? It is not about the money, more should I bother?

Also, how is the BT implementation? I thought the Senn M2 had a great sound, not as good as the wired M2, but really good. The BT ultimately caused a recall.

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #424 of 1,160
  Nice comments. I have owned the M100, returned them very quick. The M100 bass didn't appear to allow much detail to shine through, maybe because of the bass.

I really loved the XS and kept those for a while , but they didn't isolate well at all and they shifted on the head with the slightest movement. Those two things actually caused me to sell. 

So, knowing those are my issues with the two VModa products, are these worth the try? It is not about the money, more should I bother?

Also, how is the BT implementation? I thought the Senn M2 had a great sound, not as good as the wired M2, but really good. The BT ultimately caused a recall.

I have always said that the M-100 sounded better amp'd than right out of the iPhone headphone jack.  I was absolutely blown away by the price/performance ratio the first time I tried the M-100 from a CEntrance DACmini.  I also love them portable with my iPhone and Encore mDAC with camera connection kit, so you don't need mega-dollar rig to make them sound wonderful.

I still feel the same way with the wireless version - wired and amped is best.  But via BT they sound a lot like the original M-100 right out of the iPhone headphone jack.  So for many that would be perfect.  But for you who sold yours because you wanted better detail, maybe not so perfect, unless you're okay using an amp.  It's an audible step up from the original non-wireless M-100 when amped.

I want to stress that when amp'd the new wireless M-100 will please most audiophiles.  But not so much when un-amp'd or wireless, although wireless will please just about anyone who just wants to have fun without the tangle of wires and doesn't know what they're missing.  

I'm happy with the tradeoff for casual BT listening, as un-amped and wireless is certainly more convenient.  Just like I can enjoy a nice Rolex watch or a budget Citizen Japanese watch, I can enjoy a budget fun headphone rig or a break-the-bank audiophile rig.

In your case, I think you'd go bonkers for the new V-MODA Zn IEM instead.

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #425 of 1,160

I have always said that the M-100 sounded better amp'd than right out of the iPhone headphone jack.  I was absolutely blown away by the price/performance ratio the first time I tried the M-100 from a CEntrance DACmini.  I also love them portable with my iPhone and Encore mDAC with camera connection kit, so you don't need mega-dollar rig to make them sound wonderful.

I still feel the same way with the wireless version - wired and amped is best.  But via BT they sound a lot like the original M-100 right out of the iPhone headphone jack.  So for many that would be perfect.  But for you who sold yours because you wanted better detail, maybe not so perfect, unless you're okay using an amp.  It's an audible step up from the original non-wireless M-100 when amped.

I want to stress that when amp'd the new wireless M-100 will please most audiophiles.  But not so much when un-amp'd or wireless, although wireless will please just about anyone who just wants to have fun without the tangle of wires and doesn't know what they're missing.  

I'm happy with the tradeoff for casual BT listening, as un-amped and wireless is certainly more convenient.  Just like I can enjoy a nice Rolex watch or a budget Citizen Japanese watch, I can enjoy a budget fun headphone rig or a break-the-bank audiophile rig.

In your case, I think you'd go bonkers for the new V-MODA Zn IEM instead.

Eh, wired unamped feels limp and lacking for the CFW. Wireless is actually VERY good. Better than standard wired mode actually in my opinion. The bass is nice and warm whereas the highs are better unamped wired but either way their detail is average, way better than most bluetooth headphones. Mids are just about same unamped/wireless. My VAMP VERZA comes tuesday, and I don't have a 1/4 adapter that fits the speak easy cable properly to test on my MagniU/Modi setup. We'll have to see how it will sound then. 

Wireless is great. It sounds amazing for a wireless pair of headphones. The best out there? Dunno! I don't have the budget to go test all the best wireless cans out there, only the ones I can try in store without those stupid displays that plays music. For their price you get ALOT. You get as great pair of wireless headphones that does not disappoint on wireless mode and sounds decent unamped wired mode. Build like a tank. Plenty of accessories included. Highly portable. Comfortable. Can operate after the batteries dies. Now if they are like the m100s and then some, I assume they will sound amazing amped. We'll have to see.

Oct 11, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #426 of 1,160
Eh, wired unamped feels limp and lacking for the CFW. Wireless is actually VERY good. Better than standard wired mode actually in my opinion. The bass is nice and warm whereas the highs are better unamped wired but either way their detail is average, way better than most bluetooth headphones. Mids are just about same unamped/wireless. My VAMP VERZA comes tuesday, and I don't have a 1/4 adapter that fits the speak easy cable properly to test on my MagniU/Modi setup. We'll have to see how it will sound then. 

Wireless is great. It sounds amazing for a wireless pair of headphones. The best out there? Dunno! I don't have the budget to go test all the best wireless cans out there, only the ones I can try in store without those stupid displays that plays music. For their price you get ALOT. You get as great pair of wireless headphones that does not disappoint on wireless mode and sounds decent unamped wired mode. Build like a tank. Plenty of accessories included. Highly portable. Comfortable. Can operate after the batteries dies. Now if they are like the m100s and then some, I assume they will sound amazing amped. We'll have to see.

Don't get me wrong, I love these wireless, but for audiophiles comparing them to their HiFiMan and Audeze they will find the gap much smaller when using these amp'd and wired. Wireless is very good but just not on the same level as amp'd and wired. Without an amp there is no reason to pull out the cable and use it unless you run out of battery.

Also, I keep forgetting that with the wireless M-100 I spent the most time with at RMAF (an hour over 2 days) that the pads were flat and worn out. I'm finding the wireless M-100 with brand new XL pads to sound noticeably better than the ones at RMAF. At RMAF I directly compared my old M-100 with new pads out of the iPhone headphone jack to the wireless M-100 with old flat pads, and thought they sounded similar, both improving with an amp like the HiFi-M8 and mDAC. But new XL pads make a huge difference. I told Val that I thought they should ship with the XL pads.

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #428 of 1,160
Boy these metal shields feel great but they add so much weight to the headphones! 

I wonder, did anyone end up trying to swap out the m100 forks on the CFW? I'd love to see that mod.

I considered it, but it seemed like much more work than I had expected once the M-100 had been partially disassembled (just removed enough screws to see that the forks seem to go pretty deep into the band then put it back together).I ended up just giving the M-100 to my girlfriend, but it sure would have been nice to have Cliq Fold.

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #429 of 1,160
I've got to start following these forums more closely I always miss out on the deals!

These are exactly what I have been waiting for I can't count how many times I have ripped the cord out of my headphones when it got caught on something. Every time it happens I would be tempted to check out other brand wireless headphones but never could bring myself to do it. Can't wait to get these ordered soon just got to sell my M100's first.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #430 of 1,160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back