V-Moda Crossfade M-80?
Jul 22, 2011 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

bengewarmer

Head-Fier
Just came across a pair of v-moda m-80s in a store, haven't got a chance to try them out. Are these different than the crossfade LPs? Has anyone listened to them or have any opinions? Just curious. Checked v-moda's website and I found v-80s, but not m-80s.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 51
These are actually under press embargo until Tuesday. I can answer your question then :wink: In the mean time I'll say there's nothing particularly surprising about them—looking at the rest of the Crossfade line should tell you quite a bit. . 

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 51
I can't vouch for them, but Jude can: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/563971/how-are-the-new-judes-approved-apparently-v-moda-v80s

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 51

Quote:
Just came across a pair of v-moda m-80s in a store, haven't got a chance to try them out. Are these different than the crossfade LPs? Has anyone listened to them or have any opinions? Just curious. Checked v-moda's website and I found v-80s, but not m-80s.

Technically still under embargo, but iLounge broke it (I think they confused AM and PM), so: 

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-v-80/

M-80 and V-80 are the thing; V-80 just has True Blood branding. Both are a smaller, on-ear version of the Crossfade LP. 

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 51
Thanks for the info, that's the main thing I was wondering about, the sound quality differences. From what I've heard (and read) the LP's sound pretty good and if the M-80s best those than all the better. Might try picking up a pair to use as a back up.

Jul 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 51
eek.gif

Quote:
I think the LPs sound pretty awful. Even the beats solo have a slight upper hand on that muddy mess.

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 51

Quote:
Hey in what store did you happen to see them ? I mean I can't find where to buy those M-80 !

Darn, they were up on V-Modas site last week, I could swear it.  They took them down though I guess :frowning2:  The V-80s don't have any markings on them (except in the Y-split and maybe microphone) if you don't mind the red and black color scheme. 

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #10 of 51
V-MODA made the M-80 live today!  

Mention "headfi" in the notes and we'll throw in a long audio cable and 1/4" adapter.  We have a 60-day audition guarantee, so test drive them yourself.   I truly think the head-fi crowd is going to love this product, it's our best product yet by far and took 5 years of R&D.

http://shop.v-moda.com/p-195-crossfade-m-80-on-ear.aspx

Aug 15, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #11 of 51
Quote:
V-MODA made the M-80 live today!  

Mention "headfi" in the notes and we'll throw in a long audio cable and 1/4" adapter.  We have a 60-day audition guarantee, so test drive them yourself.   I truly think the head-fi crowd is going to love this product, it's our best product yet by far and took 5 years of R&D.

http://shop.v-moda.com/p-195-crossfade-m-80-on-ear.aspx

Well...I bit.  The main reason is because I wanted a non-Beats branded headset that I could use with my Astro Gaming system (basically a wireless system that you can use any headset with for Xbox Live play) and one that sounds great when i'm at home just chillin' listening to music.  My HD-25s don't have a mic so they don't work with the game system...so I had to look elsewhere without buying some Beats.

Now my only concern is why I paid $230 direct from V-Moda when Radio Shack is carrying them for $199 (not available at any local Shack at the moment).  I'm an idiot I guess.  smh

Does v-moda direct price match?

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 51

Quote:

Well...I bit.  The main reason is because I wanted a non-Beats branded headset that I could use with my Astro Gaming system (basically a wireless system that you can use any headset with for Xbox Live play) and one that sounds great when i'm at home just chillin' listening to music.  My HD-25s don't have a mic so they don't work with the game system...so I had to look elsewhere without buying some Beats.

Now my only concern is why I paid $230 direct from V-Moda when Radio Shack is carrying them for $199 (not available at any local Shack at the moment).  I'm an idiot I guess.  smh

Does v-moda direct price match?

Well we do have no sales tax (outside of CA), free extra long audio cable + 1/4" plug. let us know what you think!

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #14 of 51

Quote:

Except I am in California so there goes that advantage. I guess that is a no to the price match question. Oh well.

Ok, we'll price match!  Customer is always right ;>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back