V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #2,252 of 2,828
kicking myself that the white m-80s are on sale for $150 now.  don't really have the ability to buy a 2nd pair and then return the black ones once i get them.  you think they'd both always be the same price if it's just a color difference...

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #2,253 of 2,828
You'd think, in truth the price has always been all over the place for all three models. For a while there the True Blood endorsed V-80 was the cheapest, and Amazon had the black M-80 for $135 AFTER Black Friday/Cyber Monday (lowest I've seen it, tho it's down to $155-ish fairly often).

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #2,255 of 2,828
For those in the UK, I ordered black M-80s (personally prefer them to the white) from Amazon.com on January 7th, and to my surprise they arrived this morning (16th), despite the estimate being the 23rd. I paid just under £130 after tax/import fees (which Amazon charge at point of sale), compared to the £159.50 'Computers Unlimited' are currently charging on Amazon.co.uk.
Having read/watched every review on the Internet, I took the plunge and ordered them without listening to them beforehand, due to the fact nowhere in the UK stocks them.
First impressions are very good. I've found they clamp pretty tight, and I don't have a particularly big head! But they're comfortable enough, I had them on for around three hours before my ears started to ache a bit.
The sound quality is superb out of the box straight from my iPod Nano using Apple Lossless. I am far from being an expert, so won't attempt to use jargon I don't fully understand, but I've listened to a few albums (UB40, Chili Peppers, Gorillaz, Ryan Adams, Mike Oldfield) and they seem to handle everything pretty well. But yeah, there's plenty of detailed reviews out there from people far more qualified than myself!
But if you're ordering from the UK, Amazon.com isn't a bad way to go.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2,257 of 2,828
Quote:
For those in the UK, I ordered black M-80s (personally prefer them to the white) from Amazon.com on January 7th, and to my surprise they arrived this morning (16th), despite the estimate being the 23rd. I paid just under £130 after tax/import fees (which Amazon charge at point of sale), compared to the £159.50 'Computers Unlimited' are currently charging on Amazon.co.uk.
Having read/watched every review on the Internet, I took the plunge and ordered them without listening to them beforehand, due to the fact nowhere in the UK stocks them.
First impressions are very good. I've found they clamp pretty tight, and I don't have a particularly big head! But they're comfortable enough, I had them on for around three hours before my ears started to ache a bit.
The sound quality is superb out of the box straight from my iPod Nano using Apple Lossless. I am far from being an expert, so won't attempt to use jargon I don't fully understand, but I've listened to a few albums (UB40, Chili Peppers, Gorillaz, Ryan Adams, Mike Oldfield) and they seem to handle everything pretty well. But yeah, there's plenty of detailed reviews out there from people far more qualified than myself!
But if you're ordering from the UK, Amazon.com isn't a bad way to go.

Thanks for posting this! Never even thought about ordering from Amazon.com.

Just ordered the black M80s and paid just under GBP125 including shipping & import tax 
smily_headphones1.gif

Now the long wait until they arrive 
triportsad.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #2,258 of 2,828
so this is the 2nd pair ive gotten, seems the cords from the cups to the headband are longer (they were stretched taut in the last pair i had when fully extended), the cups feel softer/more comfortable maybe? and its still a bit of a tight fit on my large head but it seems they extend a little farther now? prolly imagining the last two but its nice to know vmoda's still doing little improvements/tweaks to it.

still love the sound and im definitely keeping them this time!:)

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #2,259 of 2,828
have any of you guys experienced cable failure? i have the audio-only cable and the failure point is at the junction of the 45-degree end. there is some music coming through but there's no vocals or the vocals will sound very distant. if i press on it a bit, they will come back. now, i don't usually move about or take out the jacks, so this is a bit weird. anything i can do?

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #2,261 of 2,828
Quote:
have any of you guys experienced cable failure? i have the audio-only cable and the failure point is at the junction of the 45-degree end. there is some music coming through but there's no vocals or the vocals will sound very distant. if i press on it a bit, they will come back. now, i don't usually move about or take out the jacks, so this is a bit weird. anything i can do?

yeah shoot them an email or hit them up on Facebook, They'll send you a new cable no problem

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #2,263 of 2,828
Yeah, I message them about my cable having slight fraying (it was really just bitching TBH) but they said was badly frayed that they would give me a new one. The cable worked perfectly and they wouldn't mind replacing it, so I'm sure that they would be more than happy to replace your broken one. I love amazing costumer support like this. Once I bought an Otterbox case for my phone that fitted poorly, I messaged them saying how disappointed I was and no questions asked they sent a brand new one. Sorry for going off topic, I just wanted to show what good costumer support is IMHO

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #2,264 of 2,828
Yeah, I message them about my cable having slight fraying (it was really just bitching TBH) but they said was badly frayed that they would give me a new one. The cable worked perfectly and they wouldn't mind replacing it, so I'm sure that they would be more than happy to replace your broken one. I love amazing costumer support like this. Once I bought an Otterbox case for my phone that fitted poorly, I messaged them saying how disappointed I was and no questions asked they sent a brand new one. Sorry for going off topic, I just wanted to show what good costumer support is IMHO

I manage a customer support team. Completely understand your view :wink:

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2,265 of 2,828

so i've noticed this small indentation happening in the same places on both sides of the headband of the headphones.  i may have not noticed it before, but i'm worried it happened when i was trying to pull the headphones as tight/snug as possible over my head and pull out the arms as little as possible to get it to adjust (as it is i can only easily fit it with the arms fully extended or maybe pulled in 1 click; after trying to get it pulled down on my ears more and more i was able to get each arm adjusted in about 3 or 4 clicks instead of just one).  i'm worried that in pulling it so tightly over my head i may have broken something internally; it's a subtle bump but it's noticeable (not as bad as other breaks shown in this thread though).  still sound fine and fit me fine; nothing's really loose or flopping and the arms still adjust like normal.  didn't hear any unusual or worrying noises coming from them when i was adjusting either.  is this normal or anyone else seen this?  it's within exchange policy with amazon so may see if i can get an exchange, or if vmoda will honor it if not.  sorry to be possibly needlessly paranoid, just thought it could take more "abuse" than that.  it's only a day old too!  thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back