V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 25, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #2,207 of 2,828
I think so, yeah. I bought mine a month ago from Amazon (in black) and the box art on it is already updated for the new cable and everything, I've seen them in store where they have a decal on the side of the older box art depicting & describing the new cable too tho. I'm guessing that was from the first batch with the new cable... You could always try calling V-moda if you really want the Speakeasy cable.

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #2,211 of 2,828
hi ,

i ordered mine from amazon. uk (fulfilled by amazon)  as well , got it 2 weeks back. It is authenthic , with the ribbon , safety seals and the headphones (m80)
sounded great , but need to burnin like said by others. mine took more than 80 hrs , more u listen better it gets. I compared it wif my buddy's  m80 which he ordered directly 
from v moda.com and did sounded identical. cheers.

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #2,212 of 2,828
Quote:
Hello Val,

In UK Amazon is verified reseller. What about this seller:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B007TRUY6C/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=A1ICWG8KY2E82P

They are [size=small]FULFILLED BY AMAZON[/size] but I dont want to risk. 

Amazon is out of stock!!?? :frowning2:

Tnx!!

hi ,

i ordered mine from amazon. uk (fulfilled by amazon)  as well , got it 2 weeks back. It is authenthic , with the ribbon , safety seals and the headphones (m80)
sounded great , but need to burnin like said by others. mine took more than 80 hrs , more u listen better it gets. I compared it wif my buddy's  m80 which he ordered directly 

from v moda.com and did sounded identical.
cheers.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2,213 of 2,828
What could be the reason that I have perception that left side is louder than right. It is perception as with other headphones it is not the case however these pair is my first decent one.

Need to burn in?
Damaged?
Something wrong with my ears?

Balance is center - and when I move it just a bit to the right to make it louder it does not sound good again....

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #2,214 of 2,828
Quote:
What could be the reason that I have perception that left side is louder than right. It is perception as with other headphones it is not the case however these pair is my first decent one.

Need to burn in?
Damaged?

Balance is center - and when I move it just a bit to the right to make it louder it does not sound good again....

Three things to consider.

1.  Clean your ears
2.  You have better hearing in one ear or the other
3.  The headphones could be defective

I actually had #3 happen with my first pair of M80s and V-MODA was quick to replace them.  So figure out what the issue is and go from there.  :)

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #2,215 of 2,828
Quote:

Need to burn in?
Damaged?

I've noticed that the left cup presses against the ear tighter than the right. I think others have mentioned this also. I'm not sure if there's a work-a-round or not.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #2,217 of 2,828
Try putting them on backwards and see if its louder in the opposite ear.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #2,218 of 2,828
These headphones are very sensitive to ear placement.  Make sure you place both cups in the same place on your ears with the same clamping force.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2,219 of 2,828
Have had these for about a week now. Really liking them so far but there are a couple of things bugging me. 

They're kind of loose on my head. Even if I just tilt my head ever so slightly they almost fall off. Feels like the headband isn't close enough to my scalp/head, feels like there's this tiny gap which makes them loose. 

The clamping force feels non existing even though I wear em as tight as possible, which makes them very comfortable but I feel like it's compromising the sound. Sometimes, especially on Electronic tracks they are too airy and light, the sound isn't as close as I would like it to be. The bass is also kind of missing. If I press the headband down or just slightly press (just kind of touch em really) the cups the bass sounds a lot more deep and powerful. I feel like this is the way they are supposed to sound. It kind of feels like I'm not getting a 100 % out of these headphones because of a lack of clamping force. 

I don't know if it's just me or if it is because of a lack of clamping force, nevertheless it's a little frustrating. 

Anyone else experiencing or had the same issue with these? 

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #2,220 of 2,828
Did you buy them used? Mine were new and clamped very tight. They loosened up by my constantly stretching out the headband, but I still consider them pretty tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back