V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2,191 of 2,828
My red one button cable seems to work just fine with the Clip Zip and the headphone output on my powered monitors... /shrug Can't test the three button one anymore since I traded it with an M-100 owner for his orange one button cable, I don't have an iPhone so I didn't have any need for a three button.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #2,193 of 2,828
Quote:
@miceblue Was looking around youtube, when I came across your video. Great find, much prefer the minimalistic box! :D
http://youtu.be/gGE-Im3sT6g

Yes, everybody needs to get rid of the outter "marketing BS" skin of M-100... take off the outter layer of the package so you can see how we REALLY would brand a headphone!

-V^V

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #2,195 of 2,828
The m-80s just arrived after a delay. First impressions are very good, solid build quality, nice extras such as the case and carabiner. The initial couple of hours on and off were a tad uncomfortable due to the hand band clamping, however that has improved and now feels good for longer durations. Sound quality is impressive straight out the box, will give it more time though.

Does anyone use the carabiner and carry the headphones outside on a bag?

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #2,196 of 2,828
Quote:

Yes, everybody needs to get rid of the outter "marketing BS" skin of M-100... take off the outter layer of the package so you can see how we REALLY would brand a headphone!

-V^V

Yeah after watching Micblue's vid the first thing I did with my M80 box was remove the outer sleeve
biggrin.gif
. BTW Val, have you noticed fraying of the cables being a normal problem?

Cheers,

Diego 

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #2,200 of 2,828
Received my m-80s today from Amazon UK. At first I wasn't that impressed, sounded pretty much like my 40 bucks Wesc headphones. An hour later and they sound brilliant. Sound very good with Classic and Pop music. Florence & the machine sounds freakin awsm. A little lacking while listening to electronic music so far, would of liked a little more punch from the bass. 

I actually find them very comfortable out of the box. Hardly any clamp at all, which I find a little worrying as they would probably sound even better with a tighter fit. Might be because of my big head or that I haven't found the right fit and will have to find the right positioning for my ears. Better isolation than I expected too.

Don't think the new cable was included though. Does anyone know if it was supposed to? Is it necessary to have the new cable? 

Early impressions. Very happy so far and am definitely looking forward to listening to them A LOT!

Edit: And, When I opened the box I was truly shocked at how tiny they were. Was expecting them to be much larger. That's a plus though! 

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #2,201 of 2,828
Anyone ever opened up an M-80? My right side fork thing is loose and its squeaks when i pinch them together. It is rubbing on something inside the driver enclosure. It has gotten worse since I got them.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #2,202 of 2,828
The new cable is usually included by now but I guess you could've just received old stock... New one just has a better mic setup AFAIK.

One of my forks sort of clicks when I put them on or take them off, it's not so much a squeak as a slight click or creak... It doesn't make any noise whatsoever when I just swivel the cup or when it's on my head tho, so it hasn't bothered me.

If it's squeaking while on your head I'd just call up and see if you can get a replacement, that'd be annoying.

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #2,203 of 2,828
Quote:
Anyone ever opened up an M-80? My right side fork thing is loose and its squeaks when i pinch them together. It is rubbing on something inside the driver enclosure. It has gotten worse since I got them.

Hey, my right side fork has the same issue, but it only happens when I pinch the fork together while I'm wearing them, so It's not a huge problem. I did separate the fork from the ear cup and all it really is is bad fit from the little plastic pieces that go onto the cup and hold the fork in place, maybe some shaving of the plastic may fix the problem but I don't really feel like trying

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2,204 of 2,828
Quote:
Hey, my right side fork has the same issue, but it only happens when I pinch the fork together while I'm wearing them, so It's not a huge problem. I did separate the fork from the ear cup and all it really is is bad fit from the little plastic pieces that go onto the cup and hold the fork in place, maybe some shaving of the plastic may fix the problem but I don't really feel like trying

That's how mine started but now I can hear it when its off too. So what does it look like inside? Should I be worried that it could break?

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #2,205 of 2,828
Quote:
That's how mine started but now I can hear it when its off too. So what does it look like inside? Should I be worried that it could break?

well, grab an allen wrench and just unscrew the 4 screws on the fork, and then the fork will separate from the grey (on the white version)  plastic pieces, which are just two small plastic pieces that go into indentation in the cup, I wouldn't really worry for it breaking, but would contact V-Moda, if not for a full replacement, they could at least send a new pair of the little plastic pieces, I guess, since I think it's just a poor fit between the plastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back