V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
May 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #1,666 of 2,828
How resistant to stain or dust build up do you think the white version is? The material on the headband is microfiber so how hard would it be able to clean, because I hope to wear these everywhere and dirty white looks horrendous.

May 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #1,667 of 2,828
Quote:
How resistant to stain or dust build up do you think the white version is? The material on the headband is microfiber so how hard would it be able to clean, because I hope to wear these everywhere and dirty white looks horrendous.

The headband on M-80 White isn't the microfiber suede like the Shadow color, so its very stain resistant. Its slightly off white so they stay clean really well, we thought of this long ago as it's the same color finish DJs use and we need to make sure they stay clean night in and night out.

The case can be cleaned w some water on a damp towel and handsoap if it gets dirty.

May 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #1,669 of 2,828
Val, can you make a batch of them with the red letters on top? I think it really looks better with red letters instead of the flat grey.

May 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #1,670 of 2,828
wishful thinking....a little photoshop here and there...and voila, my ultimate M-80ies:

would it be possible to make them, val? ...no matter the costs^^...or maybe this design is easier to realize with the upcoming M-100?

cheers & keep up the good work! I, as many others here love my v-moda's :)

May 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #1,672 of 2,828
Having owned this for about 3 weeks or so, I still find it a bit uncomfy. The sound is great no question about that but I can barely wear these for more than an hour; my right ears start to hurt. Anyone having the same problem as mine?

May 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #1,673 of 2,828
Quote:
Having owned this for about 3 weeks or so, I still find it a bit uncomfy. The sound is great no question about that but I can barely wear these for more than an hour; my right ears start to hurt. Anyone having the same problem as mine?

Strange. Most of the comfort issues with the M-80 involves the left ear, myself included. You could try bending the headband a bit to make it conform more to your head. Also, do you keep yours in the case when you don't use them? I've noticed that keeping them in the case bends the headphone slightly to a rounder shape(I've bent mine more into an egg shape) and they're less comfortable when I first take them out. If all else fails, you can return them via V-MODA's 60-day test drive policy. M-100 comes out in a little over a month.

May 29, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #1,674 of 2,828
Quote:

After prolonged use of mine my antihelix starts to hurt. I believe the angle of the pads could be better but I can't get it to change the way I need it to. I choose to ignore it lol and the only real way for me to solve it would be with full size headphones (cough m-100, anybody want to donate me a pair :p)

May 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #1,676 of 2,828
Quote:
After prolonged use of mine my antihelix starts to hurt. I believe the angle of the pads could be better but I can't get it to change the way I need it to. I choose to ignore it lol and the only real way for me to solve it would be with full size headphones (cough m-100, anybody want to donate me a pair :p)

If you can shorten the legs of the headphones, this may help a bit.  I know any of the headphones that have done that to me, shortening the legs of the headphones have always helped it out.  If you lengthen them, it creates a tighter clamp which can irritate your ears. 

May 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #1,677 of 2,828
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Val has already answered this question but does the v-moda 60 day test drive work with amazon?

Yes. As long as it's listed as an authorized dealer on V-MODA's website, the test-drive valid.

May 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #1,678 of 2,828
Just wanted to connect my M-80ies to my "old" Samsung Galaxy S and came across the known cable/mic problem (described also here http://www.whathifi.com/forum/headphones-etc/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-wow) where this Android device cannot deal with the 3 separator layout of the connector and puts out a completely distorted soud. I have to press the mic-button permanently to get the M-80 sound the way they should.

Is there a way to solve this problem with the original v-moda cables (maybe a setting in the phone itself), or do I have to use a 3rd party cable with the Galaxy S?

cheers

May 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #1,679 of 2,828
Just wanted to connect my M-80ies to my "old" Samsung Galaxy S and came across the known cable/mic problem (described also here http://www.whathifi.com/forum/headphones-etc/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-wow) where this Android device cannot deal with the 3 separator layout of the connector and puts out a completely distorted soud. I have to press the mic-button permanently to get the M-80 sound the way they should.

Is there a way to solve this problem with the original v-moda cables (maybe a setting in the phone itself), or do I have to use a 3rd party cable with the Galaxy S?

cheers

Flip the cable. 45 degree connector into your headphones and the straight connector into your Galaxy.

May 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #1,680 of 2,828
Quote:

cheers

Have you tried reversing the cable so that the 45 degree goes in the headphone and the straight plug into whatever you're using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back