V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
May 21, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #1,651 of 2,828
Quote:
After looking at the pictures posted on the first couple pages of this thread, I noticed that my V-Moda headband logo is flipped compared to the other M-80s that people in this thread have. The V is on the left side of the headband compared to mine, which is located on the right side and is flipped, so when the headphones are hanging around my head, it's upside down. Are there any chances that my V-Modas could possibly be fake? I bought it directly off of Amazon a couple of weeks back. Could this just be an earlier or newer batch where the logo is flipped? 

The pair I got today are the same, also off amazon. Hmm...

May 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #1,652 of 2,828
Quote:
After looking at the pictures posted on the first couple pages of this thread, I noticed that my V-Moda headband logo is flipped compared to the other M-80s that people in this thread have. The V is on the left side of the headband compared to mine, which is located on the right side and is flipped, so when the headphones are hanging around my head, it's upside down. Are there any chances that my V-Modas could possibly be fake? I bought it directly off of Amazon a couple of weeks back. Could this just be an earlier or newer batch where the logo is flipped? 

No. It is not a fake. We actually had this discussion with Val a couple months ago. Some of the DJs whom Val works with wanted the logo the other way because they wear their headphones like sunglasses in the front of their faces. So some the production runs have reversed logos. I have a consumer, right-side up pair. If you're still unsure, you can confirm with Val or by calling V-MODA, but I'm sure yours is legit.

May 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,653 of 2,828
Quote:
No. It is not a fake. We actually had this discussion with Val a couple months ago. Some of the DJs whom Val works with wanted the logo the other way because they wear their headphones like sunglasses in the front of their faces. So some the production runs have reversed logos. I have a consumer, right-side up pair. If you're still unsure, you can confirm with Val or by calling V-MODA, but I'm sure yours is legit.

Thanks for the clarification. I was getting worried since the photos posted had the headband right-side up. On the bright side, at least mine is slightly "unique" compared to most of the original Shadow M-80s. 
atsmile.gif

May 21, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #1,654 of 2,828
Quote:

Yeah this has been brought up a few times, apparently they've experimented with the logo going both ways with different batches, so it really shouldn't be anything to worry about.

May 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #1,655 of 2,828
I've had the M80 for a couple of weeks now and really like them because they are easy to drive (straight out of a Sansa Clip), they're extremely solid (I workout with them and have no fear of damaging them), and they sound very good (for my preferences, I would like a bit more clarity or bite to it, though).
They were uncomfortable at first, but I twisted the headband so that the earcups are now angled such that the front sides are closer to each other and the backs are splayed out, which conforms to my earlobes much better.

May 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,656 of 2,828
I am still enjoying mine sooooo much.  The cups are getting less stiff and the clamping is less and less each day.  I know there have been some complaints about initial comfort.  They do break in.  And the sound just continues to keep a smile on my face.  They are so nicely detailed.  Separation is incredibly impressive!  The M80 is my first experience with VModa.  Sure glad I made that leap.  I have since bought myself and my 2 boys the LP's.  They are all equipped with custom shields now!  Of course they aren't really in the same league as the M80, but they deliver the thump and a really good amount of detail...and they are tanks!

May 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #1,658 of 2,828

[size=2em]
voilà!
[/size]

[size=2em]
size]
V-MODA Mixes Audiophile-Level Audio, First Class Materials and New SpeakEasy Microphone in Crossfade M-80 White Pearl On-Ear Headphones
[/size]

Newest Addition to the Crossfade family fuses award-winning sound, military-grade durability and customization options in a head turning white with silver metal finish
Los Angeles – May 24, 2012 – V-MODA, the multi-platinum selling maker of headphones trusted by the pros and elite, announces today the debut of Crossfade M-80 White Pearl, a stylish new color composed of white with silver metal accents. The smart and sophisticated design is masterfully crafted to match any ensemble bringing fashion, music and mobile technology together. Authentically tuned by a legion of legendary musicians, Grammy-Award winning producers and audiophiles, M-80 packs professional acoustics natural noise isolation, ultimate ergonomics and military-level ruggedness into a luxuriously comfortable, travel-friendly compact design. The new SpeakEasy microphones provide crystal clear calls in loud environments and are specially designed and tuned for voice recognition apps like Siri. The M-80 is the ultimate symbol of sophistication in sound and style.

“The M-80 has won over the audiophile community with hundreds of accolades, reviews and awards” said Val Kolton, founder of V-MODA. “Now we’re widening the appeal to fashionistas with an ‘ABCP’ philosophy, Anything But Circles and Plastic. Headphones have become an essential accessory like fine watches, shoes, and handbags and we feel you shouldn’t wear carbon-copy cheap plastic around your head. Additionally, we felt it was imperative to focus as much on the microphones as the sound so that you can have a conference call or command your voice apps while walking down the street. Our new SpeakEasy microphones are as superior as the M-80’s sound.”

font]

PureSound

The nucleus of M-80 is its patented and biggest-in-class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers that deliver multi-driver sound with the energy efficiency and consistent quality of a single driver. To recreate a pure and balanced sound analogous to Vinyl, M-80 uses BLISS noise isolation to naturally immerse you into your own world of sound. The specially tuned V-PORT V3 and memory cushions create a true three dimensional sound stage with vibrant bass, vivid mids, and vivacious highs and make M-80 the essential companion for extended listening sessions on smartphones, notebooks and tablets.

MaterialEDGE

M-80’s first-class materials are virtually indestructible including a metal frame, STEELFLEX headband that perfectly contours the head for a sleek look, interchangeable silver metal shields and replaceable memory foam ear pads. The beautiful white and silver finish perfectly complements the accents of Apple and Samsung mobile devices. The M-80 offers universal smartphone compatibility with 2 detachable, Kevlar-reinforced SpeakEasy cables optimized for noisy environments and voice recognition along with an exoskeleton carrying case for added road warrior armor.

Custom Shields

V-MODA believes in the ability to be unique and endorse yourself. Through V-MODA’s custom shield and laser engraving, you can interchange the silver metal shields with new colors, designs, logos and even your own design.

MIL-STD-810G and V-MODA Quality Tests

1. Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet, approximately three times the industry standard
  2. Headband can bend 10+ times flat, without breaking and retain its memory and shape
  3. M-80 has virtually inaudible sound variances across the spectrum of less than 2dB from unit to unit versus 10-30dB+ of inferior products
  4. Kevlar reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standards
  5. MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure

M-80 White Pearl Features

1. 40mm patented Dual-Diaphragm drivers (biggest in class)
  2. V-PORT V3 Soundstage
  3. BLISS Noise Isolation w/o Leakage
  4. Over 3 Years of Ergonomics Research
  5. Two Kevlar® reinforced SpeakEasy cables (3-Button, 1-Button) with separate controls to reduce noise for voice recognition in noisy surroundings
  6. 3 button SpeakEasy control and separate microphone for Apple products including iPhone, iPad and Macbooks
  7. 1 button SpeakEasy control and separate microphone universally compatible with all audio devices, tablets and 3.5mm smartphone products including Android, Windows and BlackBerry
  8. Stylish interchangeable shields (purchased separately)
  9. White exoskeleton hard case, ensuring headphones are protected in style
  10. Two-year V-MODA Premier warranty
  11. Immortal Life Replacement Program – 50 percent off lifetime discount to replace consumer-damaged headphones

The Crossfade M-80 White Pearl retails for $230.00 and is available today at V-MODA.comAmazon.com and fine boutiques worldwide. Product overview and an unboxing video are available at V-MODA’s YouTube channel.

M-80 WHITE UNBOXING VIDEO

M-80 WHITE OVERVIEW VIDEO

May 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #1,659 of 2,828
I hate you Val! They're gorgeous!!!
Lovin' my original M80's so I'm hoping that you do the M100's in the same style.
Congrats on the most classy looking headphones on the planet!

Oh, in case I do go for them, do we have a special code for HeadFi'ers 
L3000.gif

May 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #1,661 of 2,828
white? my originals just got back from warranty just now. They looked different but they were just clean as if they were new lol. Sound is coming out of both sides again and what a good sound it is. Only concern is my original receipt wasn't in the package or box 
confused_face(1).gif

May 25, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #1,662 of 2,828
Quote:
white? my originals just got back from warranty just now. They looked different but they were just clean as if they were new lol. Sound is coming out of both sides again and what a good sound it is. Only concern is my original receipt wasn't in the package or box 
confused_face(1).gif

I'd email CS about this and try to track down that receipt, you may need it again.  If you purchased online, they have a copy of the receipt as well.

May 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #1,665 of 2,828
>roma101 and others with thinning wallets: this new member started out with the skullkandy ink'd, upped to a koss porta pro, went a bit higher to snatch a klipsch s4 and added a brainwavz m2 a few months later as an iem alternate use, and now I've asked a friend in the US to buy for me from Amazon the V-Moda M80 as it's supposedly the best in my budget range for listening to harmony, a capella, and choral groups - my type of music. once those arrive and the wife sees them? confiscated wallet. happy days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back