V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
May 18, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,639 of 2,828
[size=x-small]Anyone notice how similar the vmoda m80's are to the monster miles davis tributres? The only difference is that the m80s have tighter bass, bigger soundstage, but a bit more sibilance as well.[/size]

May 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #1,640 of 2,828

Quote:
[size=x-small]Anyone notice how similar the vmoda m80's are to the monster miles davis tributres? The only difference is that the m80s have tighter bass, bigger soundstage, but a bit more sibilance as well.[/size]

Does anyone know what the m100s will be like..are the lps more comfy than the m80s and do you think the m100s will be a mixture of the two..a little more comfy with a bit more bass and a bit larger in size with more colours to choose from? At first i had my eye on three pairs of beyerdynamic dt1350 for the back of the car to go with two ipad3s and 2 fostex hp-p1 dac/headphone amps but the fact that you can customize the m80s won me over,but i think i will wait for the m100s P.s I think the larger lps are nicer to look at than the m80s because of the size, if the m100s are in between the size of the lps and m80s i will be a happy man!

May 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #1,641 of 2,828
Strange pattern I've noticed on this and the M-100 thread.

Every 15 posts or so someone asks, "When are the M-100s coming out? I heard it was April, but it's no longer April. Is it coming out soon? Anyone know?"

Every 30 posts or so someone asks, "How much are the M-100s gonna be? I hope it's $200 because that would be sweet, but if they're more expensive I'll still think they're worth it. Are they $200? Anyone know?"

Every 45 posts or so someone asks, "Is this gonna be like the M-80 and be on-ear? I don't like on-ear because my ears are sensitive to stuff on them. Will it be over ear like the LP/LP2? I would LOVE the M-80 sound but in an over-ear like the LP/LP2. How big are they gonna' be? Anyone know?"

It seems research and common sense have left some of us. For those of you who also noticed this pattern,

May 19, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #1,642 of 2,828
Quote:
Strange pattern I've noticed on this and the M-100 thread.

Every 15 posts or so someone asks, "When are the M-100s coming out? I heard it was April, but it's no longer April. Is it coming out soon? Anyone know?"

Every 30 posts or so someone asks, "How much are the M-100s gonna be? I hope it's $200 because that would be sweet, but if they're more expensive I'll still think they're worth it. Are they $200? Anyone know?"

Every 45 posts or so someone asks, "Is this gonna be like the M-80 and be on-ear? I don't like on-ear because my ears are sensitive to stuff on them. Will it be over ear like the LP/LP2? I would LOVE the M-80 sound but in an over-ear like the LP/LP2. How big are they gonna' be? Anyone know?"

It seems research and common sense have left some of us. For those of you who also noticed this pattern,

I chose to ignore it. (also didn't think much of it)

May 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #1,643 of 2,828
It's just the comfort issue that's putting me off with the m80s,they will be the for the kids to use in the back of the car and have got to be comfortable over long journeys..Now it's just a toss up between the m100s and the beyerdynamic T5p..The T5p are a bit on the large size for kids!

May 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #1,644 of 2,828
Is anyone able to directly compare M80 and Creative Aurvana Live! ?
I would mostly be interested in comparing bass (bass extension, subbass presence), highs and isolation.
Despite those two being totally different kind of beasts.

May 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #1,645 of 2,828
How are the current cable mics better than the one's before? I've been reading through this thread and there has only been 1 mention on the improvement so I don't really know... is it an improvement of the mic itself, or did you change the placement of the mic?

Also, if I ordered custom shields for the m-80s, can i flip the shield upside down? 

May 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,647 of 2,828
Quote:
Hey guys, quick question.
I've been wanting to get the m80 really bad, but I keep hearing that the headphone isn't the best for Heavy Metal and Rock. Is this true? I could be a deal breaker for me.

By "isn't the best" they just mean it isn't "the best headphone out there" for it.  Not that it isn't good - it's excellent at pretty much everything.  But other headphones are better for it, like the HD-25 like you mentioned yourself earlier in your thread.

May 21, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #1,648 of 2,828
today I have tried the m80 with the spl phonitor I have to say this headphone doesn't have the scaling factor with better equipment of the dt1350 but when listen straight out of dap it does many thing right compare to the unamp dt1350 and I prefer it on the go 

May 21, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #1,649 of 2,828
Quote:
today I have tried the m80 with the spl phonitor I have to say this headphone doesn't have the scaling factor with better equipment of the dt1350 but when listen straight out of dap it does many thing right compare to the unamp dt1350 and I prefer it on the go 

Agreed, the DT1350 is by far more amp dependent while the M80 only shows very small subtle changes when amped. If you weren't listening for a difference you probably wouldn't notice a change.

May 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #1,650 of 2,828
After looking at the pictures posted on the first couple pages of this thread, I noticed that my V-Moda headband logo is flipped compared to the other M-80s that people in this thread have. The V is on the left side of the headband compared to mine, which is located on the right side and is flipped, so when the headphones are hanging around my head, it's upside down. Are there any chances that my V-Modas could possibly be fake? I bought it directly off of Amazon a couple of weeks back. Could this just be an earlier or newer batch where the logo is flipped? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back