V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #1,336 of 2,828

Quote:
Are  the V80's bundled differently depending on where you buy them?  B&H states :

"The headphones come with 2 different Kevlar-reinforced cables to provide maximum compatibility. One cable has an inline microphone and 3-button remote, allowing you to make calls, take voice notes, control music playback, and adjust volume on Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Macbooks. The other cable has a mic and 1-button remote for universal compatibility with Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, and other devices".  

I thought the V80's came with a one button and audio only cable?  Thanks

That is correct. The M-80s come with the 3-button remote and 1 button cables. V-80's have what you said.

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #1,337 of 2,828
U know the m80's come bundled slightly different. But that description was for the v80's on b&hphoto.  Like the style of the V80's slightly better but would rather a 3button cable then an audio only, especially since they are on sale at amazon right now.  Plus i have to find out how amazon ships to canada, b&h photo is a bit more expensive but will include everything in the checkout, no surprise rape charges from the courier. Waiting on my tax refund which should be here very soon. Amazon.com is about $230 including import fees deposit (i have to find to if that includes brokerage fees (ups is famous for north of the border for adding high fees), and B&H is $244 but that's pay nothing at the door (everything is included). Both of those are for 2-6 day shipping.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,338 of 2,828
I really like these cans, everything but the isolation, bass and cables, is great! 
I have one question though. If I bend them too much, will they stop shaping? 
Like, if I wanna run or train, I bend them so that they clamp alot and stay on my head, but then when I wanna sit hours just playing on the computer, I bend them out so that they barrelly clamp at all. If I do this alot, will the results be much worse? Should I take it easy with the shaping?

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,339 of 2,828

Quote:
I really like these cans, everything but the isolation, bass and cables, is great! 
Like, if I wanna run or train, I bend them so that they clamp alot and stay on my head, but then when I wanna sit hours just playing on the computer, I bend them out so that they barrelly clamp at all. If I do this alot, will the results be much worse? Should I take it easy with the shaping?

I'm not sure how long they can last if you keep doing that all the time. Most of us have only done it a few times. I myself am afraid of doing it too much and am leaving them as they are now that they fit well.

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #1,341 of 2,828

Quote:

I don't recommend reshaping it too many times, but we do have a immortal life program if you want to go extreme.  We advertise "10 times flat" for it retain its optimal memory.  Personally, I try not to bend them extremely (close to flat or in) for reshaping the fitment more than a few times.  I liken it to breaking in new leather shoes or adjusting the bridge of eyewear.

When I DJ with a LP/LP2 I am a ultra agressive in bending them sideways in lieu of a swivel. Oddly enough I cannot recall ever breaking a Crossfade, ever, since we tooled the production models.  I have broke 1-2 microphones in ultra-agressive road testing. Don't try this at home, but Tiesto and I kicked field goals in the parking lot of the Rose Bowl one year and they actually survived by it's "ejection arms", I'll have to find the video!

-v 

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #1,342 of 2,828

Quote:
I don't recommend reshaping it too many times, but we do have a immortal life program if you want to go extreme.  We advertise "10 times flat" for it retain its optimal memory.  Personally, I try not to bend them extremely (close to flat or in) for reshaping the fitment more than a few times.  I liken it to breaking in new leather shoes or adjusting the bridge of eyewear.

When I DJ with a LP/LP2 I am a ultra agressive in bending them sideways in lieu of a swivel. Oddly enough I cannot recall ever breaking a Crossfade, ever, since we tooled the production models.  I have broke 1-2 microphones in ultra-agressive road testing. Don't try this at home, but Tiesto and I kicked field goals in the parking lot of the Rose Bowl one year and they actually survived by it's "ejection arms", I'll have to find the video!

-v 

What does an "Immortal life program", mean?

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,343 of 2,828
A little OT but Geek Beat TV did a review (today) on the Crossfade LP's.  Gotta say that I love white/red combo.  Hopefully the M100's will come in this color combo! Val?

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #1,345 of 2,828
"[size=small]I think it's time we stop, [/size][size=small]hey[/size][size=small][/size][size=small]what's that sound[/size][size=small][/size][size=small]Everybody look [/size][size=small]what's going down"! [/size]

[size=small]you saw it here first on Head-Fi, mass production white M-80s...  SHHHHHHH![/size]
 ​
[size=small]PS - did anybody notice the outer box sleeve comes off M-80s and is plain, it is a "brand box" that primarily says "VENI. VIDI. VICI." only? [/size]​

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,346 of 2,828

Quote:
A little OT but Geek Beat TV did a review (today) on the Crossfade LP's.  Gotta say that I love white/red combo.  Hopefully the M100's will come in this color combo! Val?

Thanks, it's a must-see review on the Crossfades at Geek Beat TV.

http://geekbeat.tv/review-v-moda-crossfade-lp-customized-headphones/

I'm ecstatic people are starting to finally understand the "longest road" utilitarian approach we took in developing the whole Crossfade product line throughout the years...

Stay tuned!

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #1,347 of 2,828
Quote:
Thanks, it's a must-see review on the Crossfades at Geek Beat TV.

http://geekbeat.tv/review-v-moda-crossfade-lp-customized-headphones/

I'm ecstatic people are starting to finally understand the "longest road" utilitarian approach we took in developing the whole Crossfade product line throughout the years...

Stay tuned!

That's a really good review.  I don't have the LP but I know my M-80's are freaking amazing.  I loved the look on his face at the end cause when he is talking about them that's exactly how I excited I am when I'm showing mine to my buddies.  Hey Val, how many referrals do I need to get a free custom plate?? :wink: hahaha

And just curious...am I the only one who has browsed the V-moda site...seen this jacket  http://v-moda.com/asymmetrical-jacket/  ....clicked thinking it would look awesome on me...and then cried a little inside upon noticing the price?  lol

Don't wanna clutter the threat with posts but I just wanna say I really agree Dacrazydude below about the need for a zoomed out picture to get a better view.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #1,348 of 2,828

Quote:
That's a really good review.  I don't have the LP but I know my M-80's are freaking amazing.  I loved the look on his face at the end cause when he is talking about them that's exactly how I excited I am when I'm showing mine to my buddies.  Hey Val, how many referrals do I need to get a free custom plate?? :wink: hahaha

And just curious...am I the only one who has browsed the V-moda site...seen this jacket  http://v-moda.com/asymmetrical-jacket/  ....clicked thinking it would look awesome on me...and then cried a little inside upon noticing the price?  lol

What the!? They sell clothing? Also, you really need a zoomed out photo as well...I can't see that at all. 

-edit, Ok, I'm an idiot. They actually sell a decent amount of clothing. Pretty expensive though. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #1,349 of 2,828
It's been 20 days since I ordered the headphones and yesterday the tracking info gets updated to the same thing which it said 20 days ago and it says the location is still in LA

This is frustrating. I always get stuff ~15 days from US .

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #1,350 of 2,828
Hey Val!!!

I just received some iDevice cords from V-Moda. I LOVEE the new color scheme!! The gray/black cords looks so much slicker than the old solid black colored cords!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back