V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #1,053 of 2,828
More shield color options have been added!

Enjoy...

http://v-moda.com/on-ear-shields/

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,056 of 2,828

Quote:
More shield color options have been added!

Enjoy...

http://v-moda.com/on-ear-shields/

Still didn't try to use the laser on the whole surface to make a white shield with colored icon?
k701smile.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,057 of 2,828

Quote:
I'm also testing some pad options once we hit a critical mass to make it worthwhile, like Velour. The faster word of mouth spreads, the faster I can release planned M-80 "MOD" parts and trick accessories like I'm doing VERY soon for LP/LP2!   Any requests?  

Navy blue (a la Doctow Who TARDIS, like the blue the LPs have) sheilds for the V/M-80s? Please please please with a cherry on top~
Also, a pure black body would be real nice, like the LPs...

(A coupon code would also be sweet, but I'm not going to push~ XD)

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #1,058 of 2,828
Got my M80s today, breaking them in. At first listen i wasnt to impressed. Im comparing them to grados 325is and klipsch image one. Hopefully after theyve been broken in some theyll sound better. The build quality is fantastic though. A little tight but based on reviews once they break in they get comfortable. My klipsch image one are perfect i could wear them for long periods of time. Looking forward to spending more time with the M80s.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,059 of 2,828

Quote:
Got my M80s today, breaking them in. At first listen i wasnt to impressed. Im comparing them to grados 325is and klipsch image one. Hopefully after theyve been broken in some theyll sound better. The build quality is fantastic though. A little tight but based on reviews once they break in they get comfortable. My klipsch image one are perfect i could wear them for long periods of time. Looking forward to spending more time with the M80s.

I won't lie, they may be a slight step down from your 325is though I think they should be a fair bit better than the klipsch. 

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #1,060 of 2,828
I think these headphones sound great, comfort is still a bit of an issue but im sure it will get better over time.

As good as these sound can anyone tell me the best portable device for playing music other than using my phone?

Cheers

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #1,062 of 2,828
I just got my pair. I like the sound - it's nothing spectacular, but for my normal computer use (gaming, occasional music, etc.) they will work out nicely.

I'm having some comfort problems. If I get them positioned right, they feel ok, but I feel like the headband is a bit too small, even adjusted all the way out. I don't have a big head, and I've never had fitment issues with other headphones, so I guess these things are just really small.

Finally, I find with the stock cords, I have to really play with the end that plugs into my computer's 3.5mm front panel audio jack to get both channels of sound. I don't know if it's because the cords are set up for playback controls for phones and media players or what, but I've never had an issue like this with other headphones. Would an aftermarket 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable do the trick?

Other than that, I'm impressed. Hopefully they'll break in and feel better over time.

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,063 of 2,828
So my mic cable is slightly defective (middle button sometimes doesn't respond) and v-moda will send me a replacement, but I have to send them a picture of my current cable cut in half. D:  Not sure if I can bring myself to do that. :p

Anyway, when was this so-called "super mic" going to come out...?  The customer service rep didn't know anything about it.

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,064 of 2,828

Quote:

Finally, I find with the stock cords, I have to really play with the end that plugs into my computer's 3.5mm front panel audio jack to get both channels of sound. I don't know if it's because the cords are set up for playback controls for phones and media players or what, but I've never had an issue like this with other headphones. Would an aftermarket 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable do the trick?

Other than that, I'm impressed. Hopefully they'll break in and feel better over time.

Try putting them in backwards, sometimes the mic cables are finicky with PC jacks!  They are optimized to work with all smartphones, including Samsung, iPhone, HTC, etc...

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #1,065 of 2,828
You know, I just came up with an interesting idea for a custom option. However considering that it may need its own independent power source to make it happen (disposable batteries?).

Basically the idea is Sound Responsive Light Plates. They go on the headphones like the normal plates do and light up either responding to sound or a pre-programmed effect.  I can see perhaps a modder's concept that can be something I can see many people and DJ's using at parties and raves. It will most certainly catch the attention of anyone in a darkly lit area as well!

Design would not be too much of an issue, depending on the actual fit and configuration/array of the LED's it would at most slightly bulge out unlike normal plates. However that said it will not be much to the point that it would ruin the look of the headphones. As for integration the plates could either be totally independent and use perhaps a sensor that uses the vibrations of bass to light up. Or perhaps make a small port behind the plates where said light up plates could plug into, however that would require a redesign of the headphones and I doubt many including Val would want to go along with that option.

Perhaps when I finally do get a hold of a pair I can do some measurements of the plates and the internals behind the plates. Perhaps myself and a friend of mine could come up with a "blueprint" of the plates, Maybe and I mean MAYBE being a keyword, a Proof of Concept pair as well down the line.

What does everyone think? Especially hoping to hear Val's input..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back