V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #1,022 of 2,828
because amazon rules.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #1,023 of 2,828
The V-Moda M-80's retail for $229.99 on the V-Moda website, but if you buy them anywhere other than the website, they will most likely be $199.99. This happens with all sorts of products for a couple different reasons. First, the price will always drop a little bit once it is in an actual store for competitive purposes. Also, and this is just my opinion, they might rather have people buy them in the stores because they get more money when selling them to the stores, and mark their price up for that reason. I am a major bow hunter, and I have noticed that the same type of thing happens with bows all the time for what I assume are the same reasons.

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #1,026 of 2,828

Quote:
Hmm I have a Microsoft Store in my city (Houston), but don't ever remember seeing them there. Didn't really look either though. Thanks.

Thats just on the list of retailers the last i checked i've never actually been to the closest on to me cause i don't have a car and its an hour away by metro/bus (tysons corner)

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,027 of 2,828
As much as I try to bend them, they hurt my left ear. So much so that I don't wanna wear them. The headband is soft, and the right cup is soft and comfortable.... but the left is PAINFUL... not uncomfortable, but PAINFUL. 
frown.gif

Any tips?

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,028 of 2,828
whether or not the headphones fit you are feel comfortable completely depends on the person. For me, I don't understand how so many people are complaining about the comfortability. For me, they are by far the most comfortable headphones I have ever used, hands down. They dont look like they would be that comfortable, but with the memory foam ear pads, and the padded headband, I forget that I am even wearing them when I am using them.

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,029 of 2,828
Just got my M-80s yesterday, tried them on immediately but didn't get a chance to listen to them until this morning. My first impression was of course how high quality everything is. The exoskeleton case is stinkin awesome (I really can't think of another way to put it), I love all the extras you get with it such as the extra cable, the cables themselves seem to be very nice, and the headphones themselves were as sturdy as I imagined them to be based on reviews. I really do feel like I got the $200 I paid.

On to the fitting, I was scared out of my mind that these would be highly uncomfortable based on the fact that my only other supra-aurals are noggin-crushing Sony MDR V150s, but these slipped on with hardly any discomfort. In fact, they went the opposite way: I feel like these hardly have any clamping force at all. They feel like they are going to slip off my head when I'm wearing them, although I should note that I did a few walking tests and even tilted my head towards the ground and they don't actually really move at all until my head is basically upside-down. So it's sort of strange how I feared excessive clamping force but now think they clamp too little, although I should note my head is medium-small sized, so I should expect encountering that. Maybe I just have to get used to supra-aurals? Another thing I noted was as somebody else said, the left earcup does make my left ear more uncomfortable than the right earcup makes my right. My right ear is in heaven with these while my left ear is not. It seems to be the angle of the earcup.

edited later

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #1,030 of 2,828

Quote:
Just got my M-80s yesterday, tried them on immediately but didn't get a chance to listen to them until this morning. My first impression was of course how high quality everything is. The exoskeleton case is stinkin awesome (I really can't think of another way to put it), I love all the extras you get with it such as the extra cable, the cables themselves seem to be very nice, and the headphones themselves were as sturdy as I imagined them to be based on reviews. I really do feel like I got the $200 I paid.

On to the fitting, I was scared out of my mind that these would be highly uncomfortable based on the fact that my only other supra-aurals are noggin-crushing Sony MDR V150s, but these slipped on with hardly any discomfort. In fact, they went the opposite way: I feel like these hardly have any clamping force at all. They feel like they are going to slip off my head when I'm wearing them, although I should note that I did a few walking tests and even tilted my head towards the ground and they don't actually really move at all until my head is basically upside-down. So it's sort of strange how I feared excessive clamping force but now think they clamp too little, although I should note my head is medium-small sized, so I should expect encountering that. Maybe I just have to get used to supra-aurals? Another thing I noted was as somebody else said, the left earcup does make my left ear more uncomfortable than the right earcup makes my right. My right ear is in heaven with these while my left ear is not. It seems to be the angle of the earcup.

edited later

We're not the only ones that feel this way about the left ear, it seems to be the case for many as well. I read the comments and reviews in regards to this, but thought I'd eventually get used to it, but that hasn't been the case. Like you stated, the right ear feels like heaven! and they almost feel like they're gonna slip off, but they don't. The clamping force seems weak, but in fact is very sturdy which is GREAT imo, one doesn't really feel like one is wearing headphones at times. 

The left side has been so painful that I feel the pain even after I take them off for a good amount of time.

Feb 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #1,031 of 2,828
I have a half-mile walk home from school, and today it was a bit chilly (see screen shot of iPhone Weather Channel app below--especially note the "Feels like" section, with windchill). Anyways, I was wearing my M-80s, and they continued to perform great even with the nasty@$$ wind-chill. As soon as I got into the house, the M-80s started sweating/dripping condensation from the temperature change. M-80s don't care, M-80s just ROCK! 

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #1,032 of 2,828
I guess what you got for Christmas is a modern twist of a classic gift, aka the "sweater"!  

-v

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #1,033 of 2,828
I just received my V-Moda V-80 and tomorrow, I'm going to give it away to my girlfriend as a valentine's day gift. But before giving it to her, I carefully opened them up to do some burn in. When I tried them on, I was amazingly surprised on the SQ out of the box, not as spacious sounding as my DT-880 Pro but details and bass impact is very impressive for headphones for this size.
But one thing I didn't like though is that it hurts my ears because the pads are not yet soft (still hard) and the clamping is still strong.
So, how many hours does it need to be burned in and how many hours will it need to become acceptable in comfort?
Here's a picture that I took BTW:

Love the look and the quality on these headphones. :)

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #1,034 of 2,828
Not a lot of hours for burn in (maybe a day or so) but for me it took a while to get the pads to soften and the clamp to weaken though I suggest to try and bend yourself a bit to speed it up.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #1,035 of 2,828
30 hours of burn in for me
18 hours of wear time to reach top comfort...

And to the guy with the weather channel app... Use accuweather it's far more accurate has a cleaner UI and loads a buttload faster. Give it a shot man its nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back