V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #1,006 of 2,828

Quote:
Can anyone tell me the cable lengths included with the M-80?
I can't find information about that.. I'm thinking its like 1-1,3m?, quick guess by seeing the pics when cable = folded.

1.5 meter for the mic and control cables, 2 meter for the listening only cable. I sometimes use a custom cable with the neutrik or rean straigh plug, they fit in the M80 perfectly.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #1,009 of 2,828
Everyone who has a beef with the M-80s it is always isolation and comfort. Wear them for at least 24 hours without stretching the headband in any way and they will adjust to the shape of your head. It sounds weird and I didn't believe it at first either but now isolation is amazing. Not nearly as good as IEMs or noise cancelling, but definitely great. They probably would be difficult to use in very loud places but they still isolate very well for technically being "semi-open." I would compare the isolation to a pair of cheap in ears. I can't even hear myself snap right next to my ear. I can barely hear myself clapping loudly with my hands in front of me. I agree the ear pads do feel a bit awkward... at first. At first the headphones put too much pressure on the top of my ears and caused horrible headaches. They have adjusted to fix this with some wear time. I could just be used to it but it was such bad pain to what is now such good comfort. The ear pads can get a little sweaty though...

I also would not recommend "storing" them in the case. My headphones have shaped to my head and they are a tight fit in the case and definitely feel a bit less comfortable after being stored in the case. I'm not saying don't use it, but just don't use it at home.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #1,011 of 2,828
Hey everyone i think this is my first post.  So on page 60 of this thread val talks about meeting me on airplane to san jose.  I saw him and noticed the what i thought was m80s and asked him and he said was m100 and i said no way your crazy they dont exist and then he shut me up by saying i own that company this is the prototype.  I was like **** let me try them out.  Val let me try them out and another product he had that i dont know if he as talked about on here or not.  I just landed in ny so was reading in hotel lastest posts and noticed he mentioned that day.  I got say Val is a super cool guy.  Not conceited or cocky and very down to earth.  And guys i dont know if this is the right form to put this but the m100s setup he let me use sounded amazing.  The next week i flew into portland and stopped by alo audio to demo the clas and its the truth also so bought that and a pair of m80s.  The m80s are nice, i owen at50s, hd25-1s and sure 535 and the m80s are my go to headphone for gym.  Looks wise and sounding they are great.  Val bro whats up i should be a demo for m100s im like in air every 48 hours just the ?s people ask me on the m80s because of how they look is crazy.  Either way a new headfi er and last couple weeks have been fun.  Now just sell me that other thing u showed me cause i love the clas but its to bulky with amp also.  What you had was mean lean and sounded super clean.  

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #1,013 of 2,828

Quote:
Hey everyone i think this is my first post.  So on page 60 of this thread val talks about meeting me on airplane to san jose.  I saw him and noticed the what i thought was m80s and asked him and he said was m100 and i said no way your crazy they dont exist and then he shut me up by saying i own that company this is the prototype.  I was like **** let me try them out.  Val let me try them out and another product he had that i dont know if he as talked about on here or not.  I just landed in ny so was reading in hotel lastest posts and noticed he mentioned that day.  I got say Val is a super cool guy.  Not conceited or cocky and very down to earth.  And guys i dont know if this is the right form to put this but the m100s setup he let me use sounded amazing.  The next week i flew into portland and stopped by alo audio to demo the clas and its the truth also so bought that and a pair of m80s.  The m80s are nice, i owen at50s, hd25-1s and sure 535 and the m80s are my go to headphone for gym.  Looks wise and sounding they are great.  Val bro whats up i should be a demo for m100s im like in air every 48 hours just the ?s people ask me on the m80s because of how they look is crazy.  Either way a new headfi er and last couple weeks have been fun.  Now just sell me that other thing u showed me cause i love the clas but its to bulky with amp also.  What you had was mean lean and sounded super clean.  

Very cool story, bro.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,015 of 2,828
I'm using the M80's with an iPod 4G U2 edition and a FiiO E17.. killer look and sound.  I love the sound of the M80's unamped but the E17 seems to take it to another level, especially out of my Mac's.
Good idea.. we should start posting pics of our M80 rigs.

Quote:
Using Cowon J3 > M80, a very stylish and compact rig. love it. the cowon's BBE eq makes wonders. said otherwise the M80 responds great to eq. I should snap some pictures, better good looking rig in my collection.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,016 of 2,828
Quote:
Using Cowon J3 > M80, a very stylish and compact rig. love it. the cowon's BBE eq makes wonders. said otherwise the M80 responds great to eq. I should snap some pictures, better good looking rig in my collection.

Same here! The M80s are so easy to tweak and are a perfect match up with the J3~
Do you have a custom EQ for you M80s?

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #1,017 of 2,828
Hey guys, been reading this thread all day. Looking to get some good sound quality headphones. Not long ago i want to say about three months back i picked up some klipsch One at best buy for 99. To me they sound great, but not as good as id like. I recently bought a fiio E11 and the sound quality is a lot better with the amp. Ive heard the Image ones have a lot of bass, but to be honest the bass doesnt bother me. I tried to find reviews comparing the image ones to the M80s but no luck. I saw that radio shack carries V-Moda headphones so i decided why the hell not maybe they have them in store. I took a drive and they only carried the LP? version but the chrome accents werent attractive, they were on sale for 99 which was tempting. But i passed, the chrome accents were an eye sore.

Any how i decided to try amazon on the M80 but theyre a bit pricey. I went ahead and looked on ebay. Looks like i found a pair for 179.. Hoping theyre not fake... based on reviews it doesnt look like theyre fake. Now here's my question. How do the M80's compare to the Klipsch Image one, Grados 325, Grados Sr80? I love the clarity of the grados, my friend let me barrow his 325is and wow blown away, but they did lack the bass i enjoy. Im not a bass head but i like nice clean bass. Which i felt was missing from the grados. I was going to pull the trigger on SR80s based on how high theyre rated. Just to get that clarity and sound stage. Well today i looked on this site and found that the M80s are highly recommend, and they look nice as well. And i see theyre compared to the HD25, and also the AT M50s. Which are two headphones i always hear people talk about in forums. Based on the positive reviews i read today im hoping the M80s will give me a smile from ear to ear when i receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back