V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 8, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #991 of 2,828
Just ordered some M-80s on Amazon. These will hopefully fulfill the role of the non-existent portable circumaurals that I searched for in vain. Finally decided that if I have to settle for supra-aurals in order to achieve true portability that the M-80s will best fulfill the role. My biggest concern is comfort, so I'll see in a few days if they can end my fear of supra-aurals. Count me in for a mod for ultra comfy earpads. Hopefully they'll be comfortable enough out of the box (I'll play around with the headband tweaking like I've seen in vids too), but I wouldn't mind getting ultra comfy earpads if overall I determine the M-80s to be keepers. Stoked to slay some Beats on campus! Can't wait to make those people jelly.

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #992 of 2,828
You might not impress Beats owners with the M80; the sound is obviously superior overall, but all most younger people will notice is the bass quantity, which is definitely less on the M80 than the Beats.

If you want to turn some Beats-flaunters red, buy the LP2. Huge bass, bigger AND better than the Beats, and the rest of the spectrum comes close to the M80s. Circumaural to boot...might want to see if your M80s have shipped yet :p

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #993 of 2,828

Quote:
You might not impress Beats owners with the M80; the sound is obviously superior overall, but all most younger people will notice is the bass quantity, which is definitely less on the M80 than the Beats.

If you want to turn some Beats-flaunters red, buy the LP2. Huge bass, bigger AND better than the Beats, and the rest of the spectrum comes close to the M80s. Circumaural to boot...might want to see if your M80s have shipped yet :p

I switch back and forth between M-80 and LP2 - weapon of choice [size=small]ça[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]dépend[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]de[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]ta situation![/size]  For DJ use, LP2 is no brainer. Jude told me during CES that he uses LP2 as his outdoor headphone a lot, I'll ask him in what situations makes him switch and if he uses M-80 outdoors as much as LP2. I think he likes the matte-black of LP2, it reminds him of "tactical" gear he mentioned.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #994 of 2,828
Hey Val,

where can I buy these in Belgium? Can't find verified dealers (1 don't  sell V-Moda stuff anymore, the other has even no website) 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #995 of 2,828
RMR Soundsystems in the Netherlands is the distributor for the Benelux.
But they don't seem to get anything delivered. A lot of promises but no action.
I already sent a private message to Val to address this problem.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #996 of 2,828
Yep I know, dealers in Belgium are 'Mac Factory' and 'MP3shop'.
But the first one don't even have a website (just a blank page with a banner), and MP3shop doesn't sell the M-80 (and I can't order them neither).

I pmd Val too about this, but didn't get a reply yet.

So you've bought them on RMR? Or you're planning to buy it
normal_smile .gif

Quote:
RMR Soundsystems in the Netherlands is the distributor for the Benelux.
But they don't seem to get anything delivered. A lot of promises but no action.
I already sent a private message to Val to address this problem.

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #1,000 of 2,828

Quote:
Hey Val,

where can I buy these in Belgium? Can't find verified dealers (1 don't  sell V-Moda stuff anymore, the other has even no website) 
confused_face_2.gif

i'm from belgium too, i got them from http://www.magie-casques.fr/

it's not official reseller but at least they sell them :D

Anyway, advantages of official reseller such as lifetime warranty are only available for US customers according to V-Moda website :'(

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #1,001 of 2,828
I can buy those at http://www.expansys.be/, €30 more than your proposed site but the after-service of expansys is very good.. Idk how service/warranty is with magie-casques?

I know the lifetime warranty is US-only, but the normal warranty of 2 years is only granted if you buy from a verified dealer or V-Moda itself.

Quote:
i'm from belgium too, i got them from http://www.magie-casques.fr/

it's not official reseller but at least they sell them :D

Anyway, advantages of official reseller such as lifetime warranty are only available for US customers according to V-Moda website :'(

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,002 of 2,828
Well, I have absolutely no idea of the after-service of magie casques. I hope i'll never have to know :D

But basically, 2 years warranty is just an european law. 

Worst case, you can order it directly from V-Moda website, you might just have to pay the customs if **** happens.

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #1,003 of 2,828
I hope the same for you :wink:.

Yeah I know, but I just want to make sure just in case.. also not want some fake M-80's either lol :p.

Ordering from V-moda is no option, yep.. cuz of the customs. I don't wanna risk that xD

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #1,004 of 2,828

Quote:

I meant making them jelly when they see me wearing M-80s. In terms of sound, I want what will please me the best; I don't give a crap if they wouldn't be impressed by the more balanced signature because I sure aint letting anyone else wear them lol. Only thing that interests me about LP2s is that they're circumaural, but at the same time that loses my interest because no company has made what I consider to be truly portable circumaurals. There's a chance the M-100s will fill that void if V-Moda can make them smaller circumaurals than the LPs, but I think that's slim. It seems as though they are going for the same form factor, maybe with slight design differences, as the LPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back