V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 7, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #481 of 2,828

Quote:
Thanks for the input~
The status just went to "Pending"...is that better than "Awaiting Shipment"? o.o

EDIT: Scratch this, JUST got an email saying it shipped =]
Can't waittttt^^

V-Moda's pretty good about getting your stuff to you, I don't think I've really heard/read any complaint about it. Val's also always on here, and I'm sure he reads it so if anything happens, voice your concern and I'm sure you'd get his attention.

Also, hope your logo is easily centered, too. Mine wasn't really done the way I wanted it, but that was my own fault for being adamant about having Laughing Man as my logo.

Example here:

I wanted the circle to be more of the centered part.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #482 of 2,828
Normal Product Delivery Times
We usually ship same/next biz day the latest - I think we're caught up as we were out of stock of M-80 and LP2 for a while and backlogged.  We added another concierge, so we should be all caught up now!

Custom Timeframes
We're working very hard to get customs to 1-2 days by February, we are down to a week already from 1-2 weeks.  If you want a center point different than center based on whole width, its good to mark it - but we'll try to always eyeball it.  My DJ logo is the same way, so it needs a different center point that we mark.  We have an artist attend to every custom, sometimes we have to edit them quite a bit for the laser's capabilities.

Happy holidays!

-v

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #483 of 2,828
Val, If i order from the UK, how long would it take? Do i have any secruity such as warranty? I'm thinking of buying from Amazon, are they certified?

I know you probably get a bit of a rush for Christmas, so how early should i order them to make sure they arrive by Christmas?

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #484 of 2,828
Quote:
V-Moda's pretty good about getting your stuff to you, I don't think I've really heard/read any complaint about it. Val's also always on here, and I'm sure he reads it so if anything happens, voice your concern and I'm sure you'd get his attention.

Also, hope your logo is easily centered, too. Mine wasn't really done the way I wanted it, but that was my own fault for being adamant about having Laughing Man as my logo.

Example here:

I wanted the circle to be more of the centered part.

ah, I see, your logo is shifted to the left a bit =/
Laughing Man was one of my choices too, but I felt someone else would do it as well so I changed my decision xD
Might post some pics when I get them~

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #485 of 2,828

Quote:
Val, If i order from the UK, how long would it take? Do i have any secruity such as warranty? I'm thinking of buying from Amazon, are they certified?

I know you probably get a bit of a rush for Christmas, so how early should i order them to make sure they arrive by Christmas?

International
Can take up to ~10-14 days for the least expensive shipping to UK. Yes warranty is of course covered.  Or France should have more stock, I believe.  Including Virgin, Colette, Amazon.

Amazon France
http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/280-9515398-3133212?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=v-moda+m-80&x=0&y=0

Laser cut (not engrave) customs test

tested this today, probably cannot do for a while, but it's SWEET! will post pics next week once we plate them.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #487 of 2,828

Quote:
International
Can take up to ~10-14 days for the least expensive shipping to UK. Yes warranty is of course covered.  Or France should have more stock, I believe.  Including Virgin, Colette, Amazon.

Amazon France
http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/280-9515398-3133212?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=v-moda+m-80&x=0&y=0

Laser cut (not engrave) customs test

tested this today, probably cannot do for a while, but it's SWEET! will post pics next week once we plate them.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #488 of 2,828
Well my M-80s arrived today.  I ordered them on Saturday and they arrived today via Priority Mail. Very fast service.  I have to say that I am immediately impressed.  I am now listening to classical music - Bach's Well Tempered Clavier performed by Angela Hewitt straight from my iPhone.  It is solo piano and in my opinion an excellent recording so I use it to test new equipment.  It sounds very neutral.  Plenty of volume from the iPhone.  I also tried some popular music that I use when I exercise. That also sounded good -- maybe a bit heavy on the bass but not much.  It is easy to hear everything.  The microphone is good for phone calls.  There is a clip to reduce cord noise which does come up when using the microphone to speak on the phone.  I have yet to hear cord noise just listening to music.  I find them very comfortable straight out of the box.  The instructions say they will mold over time so I will see.  Mostly I bought these to wear when I don't want to use my Shure 535s.  I don't always want something in my ear, especially at home.  These fit the bill and are smaller a and lighter than I thought.   They look nice enough that I would be comfortable wearing them on the street or at the gym.  I agree with the positive reviews here.  So far I would say this is the best $200 I have spent in the world of headphones.   I also like the carrying case.  It looks cool and seems to offer good protection.  It is also nice to have three different detachable cables.   I will post more as I have more experience with them.  

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #489 of 2,828
Ordered the lp2 because I like the M80's so much.  Received them today and after listening to 'em for a few hours today, M-80's fare much better.  I even find the comfort of the M80's better than lp2.  Lp2's don't really wrap around the ears all the way and my ears aren't large by any means.  The bass is way too overpowering and uncontrolled.  On a positive note, it did sound quite good with electronic music and after about an hour with them on, I was getting use to the sound.  

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #490 of 2,828

Quote:

ah, I see, your logo is shifted to the left a bit =/
Laughing Man was one of my choices too, but I felt someone else would do it as well so I changed my decision xD
Might post some pics when I get them~

It was Laughing Man, Gurren or Naruto's seal. Which actually both look amazing in Black/White. I'll post those later so people don't judge me.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #491 of 2,828

Quote:
Ordered the lp2 because I like the M80's so much.  Received them today and after listening to 'em for a few hours today, M-80's fare much better.  I even find the comfort of the M80's better than lp2.  Lp2's don't really wrap around the ears all the way and my ears aren't large by any means.  The bass is way too overpowering and uncontrolled.  On a positive note, it did sound quite good with electronic music and after about an hour with them on, I was getting use to the sound.  

Hm. So far everybody's having that same conclusion that the M-80's are better all round while the LP2's got bass. Are the LP2's mids/highs that bad? Or just overpowered by the bass?

And I wonder how an amp/ZO2 with the LP2's are.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #492 of 2,828

Quote:
Hm. So far everybody's having that same conclusion that the M-80's are better all round while the LP2's got bass. Are the LP2's mids/highs that bad? Or just overpowered by the bass?

And I wonder how an amp/ZO2 with the LP2's are.

I've tried with ZO and SR-71A and didn't seem to help much at all.  The highs are actually not that bad, it's almost as smooth as the M80 and the mids are overpowered by the bass.  Of course, I just received them today and only around 5 hours on them so I'll give the lp2's a break and see how it sounds after 20 more hours or so.  

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #494 of 2,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried with ZO and SR-71A and didn't seem to help much at all.  The highs are actually not that bad, it's almost as smooth as the M80 and the mids are overpowered by the bass.  Of course, I just received them today and only around 5 hours on them so I'll give the lp2's a break and see how it sounds after 20 more hours or so.  

I've gone ahead and purchased a pair of LP2 that I'll audition, so to speak, and see how I like them. If I end up liking them a lot, I'll keep 'em and be an official V-Moda groupie. The smooth highs will be fine, and I'm okay with a bit of bleed into the mids with the bass because I am kind of a basshead. I'll see how it all goes though.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #495 of 2,828

Quote:

Val from V-Moda said these needs like 24hrs burn in before sounding great, the bass seems to start bleeding less into the mids as there's things happening around the 200~250Hz area mostly. A head-fi user also seemed to be of the same opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back