V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 27, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #406 of 2,828

Quote:
Care to share your experience? I'm particularly keen on the difference with & without an amp. I understand the M80's were designed to be easy to drive and to tuned for straight out of the iPhone/source. Does the RSA make a significant difference?

I really don't hear any difference when switching back and forth.  I don't have the ZO with me but I would think those would make a bigger difference then the SR-71A.  I don't think M-80's really benefit from an amp.  Who knows, maybe a Headphoneus Supremus would know more.  I just chime in from time to time so don't take my word for it.  
smile.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #407 of 2,828
I do not have the SR-71A but I do have a couple of other amps.  Although the M-80 sounds very good straight out of my ipod, amping is definitely a benifit.  I have not heard the ZO but I did have the ZO2 and no matter how it was configured it made the M-80 sound like the muddy bass farts someone mentioned earlier.  The ZO2 was retured the next day.

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #408 of 2,828
Hi all,
I am new here so at first I would like to say hi to everyone and thank you to the creators of this community.

I have a question with regards to the M-80.

I have read a few reviews that state that the inline control/mic has issues with hearing sound of the mic rubbing against the clothing. 
This distracts from the sound, also that you have to "talk loudly" for anyone at the other end to hear you.

I would like to use these with an iPhone as well as other music sources. I have Shure SE530 which I use for most uses however, there are times when I want headphone so I can take them off when needed.

If this is an issue will the mic be fixed on the M-100's? 

Nothing worst than getting a perfect seal with my 530's then having to remove them to hear someone talking.

I look forward to your replies. 

Cheers
Coops

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #409 of 2,828
Mics
The cables and mics have been slightly improved already after initial first few. We will offer a "super mic" solution for sale later down the road for a low cost, it should be out in Late December.

Mics  shipping include a clip to reduce cable noise for mic use on the move.

AMPs
used go-dap unit 4.0 (both versions) this weekend and they were brilliant (burr brown is better for m-80 IMO).  The practical devices xm6 also is killer.  I've tried a lot quickly but these two are working well for me now and are quite portable.

The other great product is Bongiovi DPS iPhone/iPad app using new Orleans profile on m-80.  I'm working on a profile now for our products.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #410 of 2,828

Quote:
Mics
The cables and mics have been slightly improved already after initial first few. We will offer a "super mic" solution for sale later down the road for a low cost, it should be out in Late December.

AMPs
used go-dap unit 4.0 (both versions) this weekend and they were brilliant (burr brown is better for m-80 IMO).  The practical devices xm6 also is killer.  I've tried a lot quickly but these two are working well for me now and are quite portable.

The other great product is Bongiovi DPS iPhone/iPad app using new Orleans profile on m-80.  I'm working on a profile now for our products.

Thanks for the info. on the Bongiovi app Val.  I've been testing it out and it's pretty cool. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #411 of 2,828

Quote:
I really don't hear any difference when switching back and forth.  I don't have the ZO with me but I would think those would make a bigger difference then the SR-71A.  I don't think M-80's really benefit from an amp.  Who knows, maybe a Headphoneus Supremus would know more.  I just chime in from time to time so don't take my word for it.  
smile.gif

Hey how do you like these compared to your TMA-1s? Also do you use EQ with your TMAs?

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #412 of 2,828

Quote:
Hey how do you like these compared to your TMA-1s? Also do you use EQ with your TMAs?

I haven't used my TMA's in awhile but I never really used any eq settings.  I do have a preset for them on the equ app. though.  I really like the sound of the M-80 much better than the TMA's though but I'd have to go and compare some more to give you any feedback.  If I remember correctly, the M-80's have better balance and bigger soundstage.  I think the TMA's bass was just a bit too much but I'll report back after I have a good listen in the next couple of days.  

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #414 of 2,828

Quote:
I haven't used my TMA's in awhile but I never really used any eq settings.  I do have a preset for them on the equ app. though.  I really like the sound of the M-80 much better than the TMA's though but I'd have to go and compare some more to give you any feedback.  If I remember correctly, the M-80's have better balance and bigger soundstage.  I think the TMA's bass was just a bit too much but I'll report back after I have a good listen in the next couple of days.  

Thanks for the input! Good to know that you're enjoying the M-80 more. I'm loving my M-80 (still can't believe the soundstage on these little cans) too but I couldn't help but notice the little cult following the tma-1s have. I tried them but really, really briefly and without eq so all I could tell was they were extremely comfortable, dark, bassy, with a pretty decent soundstage. Other than that I can't remember much but I appreciate any A-B impressions you have with those vs. the M-80s. Also, I sometimes use EQU (only when a headphone really needs it), I'm curious to know what preset you use for the tma-1. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #415 of 2,828

Quote:
Mics

Thank you for your reply Val,

I will be adding these to the Christmas list.

It's going to be a great Christmas... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers
Coops

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #416 of 2,828

Quote:
Thanks for the input! Good to know that you're enjoying the M-80 more. I'm loving my M-80 (still can't believe the soundstage on these little cans) too but I couldn't help but notice the little cult following the tma-1s have. I tried them but really, really briefly and without eq so all I could tell was they were extremely comfortable, dark, bassy, with a pretty decent soundstage. Other than that I can't remember much but I appreciate any A-B impressions you have with those vs. the M-80s. Also, I sometimes use EQU (only when a headphone really needs it), I'm curious to know what preset you use for the tma-1. 

I will get back to you with that.  I will also try the Bongiovi app. that Val mentioned.  I've been using it on the New Orleans setting and it adds a nice sparkle on top to the M-80's.

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #417 of 2,828
Ordered my pair yesterday night~
So excited to get them^^
Question: How do you take off the shields? Do they give you a specific tool with the shield kit?

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #418 of 2,828
would someone who tried them tell me if the headband seems or is in fact for big heads?
im going to wait and buy the M100 and im afraid the headband would`t fit properly!!!
thanks
Tonho

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #419 of 2,828
I have an average to smaller head (AD700 would practically fall off my head if I moved quickly) and the M80 fit my noggin fine, in fact I had to loosen the tension a bit because my ears would hurt after a while from my glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back