V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #406 of 467

Quote:
Shhhhhh! Why are you being so honest?! Just keep it! Just kidding. Maybe they mixed up their orders. Either that, or you were supposed to get two Faders???

We just hired a new person but he'll be up to speed on Monday, promise!!!

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #407 of 467
Cool. New employee. By the way Val, I ordered an M-80 on earlier this week that would be shipped to Singapore. Roughly how long would it takenfor te M-80 to arrive. I'm already getting really excited about it's arrival. Oh, and is it possble to preview my custom faceplates when they are done? Thanks!

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #408 of 467

Good luck to the new employee ^.^!
Also, hasn't this thread deviated from the original voyage post?
Quote:
We just hired a new person but he'll be up to speed on Monday, promise!!!

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #409 of 467
My 30-hr burn in should be done shortly, then on to some serious listening.  Meanwhile, I'm wondering: anyone thought of replacing the existing cable with custom from, say ALO, Whiplash or others?? Wonder what it would do to the sound.

I know we're reviewing the stock headphone, but just wondering what a tweak like that would do.

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #410 of 467

Quote:
My 30-hr burn in should be done shortly, then on to some serious listening.  Meanwhile, I'm wondering: anyone thought of replacing the existing cable with custom from, say ALO, Whiplash or others?? Wonder what it would do to the sound.

I know we're reviewing the stock headphone, but just wondering what a tweak like that would do.

We've already began testing with different cables and had positive results... But it was negligible to most of our team except me and one other manager. Our audio only cable sounds better IMO and we extended it to 80" vs 69" due to this and Sander Kleinenberg/Erick Morillo requests.  Give me your feedback and we can optimize the cable in the future since we are going all customs!  

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #411 of 467
Excuse me but Iforget: are these beta editions??  Cannot find this exact name--V-Moda Crossfade M-80 Audio Voyage--on Amazon or a few other sites.  So just wondering if we're reviewing someting that hasn't hit the market yet.  And if this is true, further wonder what price point these will be in retail??

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #413 of 467

Quote:
Hey! The M-80s are on Amazon. Saw them retail at about USD249 when the website retails at USD230. Strange. Anyway, after 30 hours how do they sound? Is it okay to give a sneak peek of your review?

I saw these on Amazon which is what prompted my question: they are not called "Audio Voyage"--just M-80 Crossfade.  So my question still remains

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #416 of 467
But don't buy em from Amazon based on the seller that has them there.  Buy them from V-Moda directly for $229 or from Radio Shack...$199.  Not sure why the seller on Amazon has them marked up.  MSRP is $229.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #417 of 467

I have nothing but good things to say about V-Moda's customer service, so I'd suggest buying straight from their website as well. Shipping was very fast for me. I live in the same state, though, so, I guess take that part with a grain of salt.

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #418 of 467
Just got my pair today..... I will post pics soon. In the meantime, I used freq sweep files from www.burninwave.com to burn it in at 50% volume. The temporary sq loss that they discussed seems to be true... It's kinda freaking me out :frowning2: I hope this goes away.....

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #419 of 467
Updates: Anyone else notice pretty bad distortion on the 2 bundled cables with buttons? Using my PC laptop for playback (SRS turned on, EQ flat, no loudness equalization). The red cable's distortion goes away when I hold the button. Strange... However, I have no problem so far on the free extra audio cable with no button...

It's been 4 hours playback with all kinds of audio/static noise/music/movies. I'll give my headphones a rest and try again tomorrow... Hopefully they wake up and the SQ comes back...

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #420 of 467

Quote:
Just got my pair today..... I will post pics soon. In the meantime, I used freq sweep files from www.burninwave.com to burn it in at 50% volume. The temporary sq loss that they discussed seems to be true... It's kinda freaking me out :frowning2: I hope this goes away.....

You're right.  Hated my pair straight out of the box, but after 50-60 hrs use they sounded excellent.  Now at over 100 hrs they're even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back