V-Moda Crossfade LP2's
Nov 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TheBaconMan

New Head-Fier
I am coming from in ear Atrio MG5's with MG7 drivers.  Total crap for $120, they have good bass and mids but the highs are twice as loud.  I can't listen at the volume I want without fringing from it. I asked a few days ago about trying some headphones for a change, mostly in the $150 range.  I got a few recomendations for the LP2's and they seem good so far.

I am a huge "bass head".  I wanted lots of low and mid bass, and the highs to not sound like a dying cat.  Will I be disapointed with these?  I listen to Hip hop/rap and rock.  I listen to anything with a good beat basically.  I want the bass and mid bass to have a nice kick to it, like you can feel it in your head.  

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
I am coming from in ear Atrio MG5's with MG7 drivers.  Total crap for $120, they have good bass and mids but the highs are twice as loud.  I can't listen at the volume I want without fringing from it. I asked a few days ago about trying some headphones for a change, mostly in the $150 range.  I got a few recomendations for the LP2's and they seem good so far.

I am a huge "bass head".  I wanted lots of low and mid bass, and the highs to not sound like a dying cat.  Will I be disapointed with these?  I listen to Hip hop/rap and rock.  I listen to anything with a good beat basically.  I want the bass and mid bass to have a nice kick to it, like you can feel it in your head.  

Heya,

I found the Crossfades to have fairly harsh treble.

Mabye consider:

M-Audio Q40
Ultrasone HFI 580
AudioTechnica A900X

Very best,

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 7
I really like the LP2s. I haven't noticed the harsh treble that MalVeauX mentions, although I don't have them at the moment (loaned to a friend) so I can't verify it right now.

As for bass, there is more than enough. I mostly listen to bass-heavy electronic music, and find it great. Hip hop is also really good. Only issue I have is that bass drums might sound a bit loud, but that's just personal preference.

I haven't heard many other 'basshead' headphones, so I can't confirm if they're better or worse than other options. With that being said, I still really enjoy them.

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I guess im kinda late here,but I own the crossfade LP2s and I can say firsthand that they r amazing headphones. I am VERY happy with these cans, bass is amazing, but it doesn't overpower the highs or the mids. Look pretty Freaking awesome too. I listen to mostly Dance music and Rap, and they work perfect for both. I highly reccomend these 'phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back