V Moda Crossfade LP?
Jul 22, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 19
For $100 I'd probably buy a pair but at the original price there are probably lots of contenders with better SQ. Aren't they $199 MSRP these days and at launch it was $250. These are very bass heavy but you probably already knew that. :p

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 19
I bought mine for 85USD last 3 weeks ago.. I tried it and sounds great... I tried it with different type of music (Rnb, rock, orchestra and others). It just don't fit for ballad type and accoustic music, sounds like a normal iphone headset:-/.. Fit is what makes me love this headphone, it's very comfortable to wear. Very durable and I don't see any cracking thing on the screws (It's too early to say, hehehe.. We'll see).. I tried beats studio but they sounds almost the same but price and durability wise, thumbs up for Vmoda Crossfade.

Simply the best for me. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 19
In the US, just literally picked up a pair at radioshack for 100. Only got to listen to them for ten minutes on my lunch break but definitly glad i got them, great for that price.

May 1, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #9 of 19
I'm very happy with my Crossfade LPs I picked up a pair for 200AUD when I was in Australia. In the price range they fall in they are probably some of the best I've owned. In the past I've owned a few pairs of headphones by Audio Technica and Sennheiser and for the price you pay for the Crossfade LPs they definitely fall in line with the others. I say go for it if you haven't already. I got mine in Phantom Chrome.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #10 of 19
Not sure if anyone is interested but V-Moda Crossfade LP are on sale for today on Amazon for $79.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BYRGKY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #12 of 19
I just had to come in here and say this...

I bought these headphones on Amazon's gold box deal for $79, and I couldnt possibly be more put off... 

I searched head-fi + v-moda crossfade before buying and saw some good comments, plus Amazon has them at like 4-4.5 stars...

Yea, these are junk. Complete junk. 

A pair of Koss PortaPro's, or even $20 Ultimate Ears by Logitech earbuds are not even in the same class.

I cant even conjure enough descriptive words to tell you how bad they are, so all that i'll say is that the bass drowns out EVERYTHING else. 

Anybody on Head-Fi giving these a thumbs up seriously needs to rethink their membership here. 

I'm sure this post will get removed as it looks like Head-Fi is swamped with advertisers now, but seriously, dont buy these unless all you want to hear is droning bass that isnt even defined. 

I tried my computer, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, iPod Touch, same thing regardless of source. 

Oh, and the in line controls dont work on this Droid Razr Maxx, just incase you wanted to control your Android phone from the wire. 

EDIT: Sorry for the obvious bitterness, I just cant believe that these are being sold as a premium product when theyre so far from what the music actually sounds like on literally any other sound system. 

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #13 of 19
Yea well usually these are picked up as a "first decent headhpone" so they haven't got a lot of stuff to compare to or they just love bass.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:
I just had to come in here and say this...

I bought these headphones on Amazon's gold box deal for $79, and I couldnt possibly be more put off... 

I searched head-fi + v-moda crossfade before buying and saw some good comments, plus Amazon has them at like 4-4.5 stars...

Yea, these are junk. Complete junk. 

A pair of Koss PortaPro's, or even $20 Ultimate Ears by Logitech earbuds are not even in the same class.

I cant even conjure enough descriptive words to tell you how bad they are, so all that i'll say is that the bass drowns out EVERYTHING else. 

Anybody on Head-Fi giving these a thumbs up seriously needs to rethink their membership here. 

I'm sure this post will get removed as it looks like Head-Fi is swamped with advertisers now, but seriously, dont buy these unless all you want to hear is droning bass that isnt even defined. 

I tried my computer, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, iPod Touch, same thing regardless of source. 

Oh, and the in line controls dont work on this Droid Razr Maxx, just incase you wanted to control your Android phone from the wire. 

EDIT: Sorry for the obvious bitterness, I just cant believe that these are being sold as a premium product when theyre so far from what the music actually sounds like on literally any other sound system. 

I guess the problem is, they were tuned to sound like a nightclub, not so much to sound like an audiophile speaker system.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:
I guess the problem is, they were tuned to sound like a nightclub, not so much to sound like an audiophile speaker system.

That too, different strokes for different folks I guess. I like to listen with as low volume as possible so heavily veiled highs doesn't usually work so well. But I guess it works better for them many youngsters liking to blast the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back