V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Dec 13, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #1,621 of 1,668
If you can get a new pair for $114 then you can definitely see why they wouldn't let you trade one in for $200.

"Bassy enough" is impossible for us to judge. The main benefit of the Codex is if you want the other codecs on a non-gold version.

Yea, i see your point.
I tried to get a pair of BEOPLAY E8s to replace my CFW1 ... in terms of portability and sound. Had to return them because of wear fatigue.
With all the headphones in the $250 range ... I feel like im getting the best deal by trading in my CFW1 for Codex. I already printed out my return label. Gonna detach my XL pads and shield and send them in for a $100 credit

In terms of bass ... ive been reading people werent happy with the bass from CF1 ... most reviews state the Codex were the closest to M100 in terms of sound sig

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #1,622 of 1,668
To me the CFW1 sounded hella muddier than the M100 in bluetooth mode. The Codex might be less tilted but it's a lot closer.

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #1,623 of 1,668
I have reviewed the CF2W Rose Gold and Codex. They certainly have the V-Moda house signature, as far as bass is concerned but are the most balanced of the V-Moda line, yes you want apt-X. No one can answer for another person what will be too much, not enough or just the right amount of bass. Again, I would recommend CF2W in Rose Gold if you want to save money or Codex if the few dollars are not important.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #1,624 of 1,668
...wait! So I don't get 50 percent off? The website states I do. I dropped my gen 1 wireless in the toilet.....yeah I know. They stoped working but I ran them on the cable for bit and decided to try the BT again and it worked! I was gonna trim the cable tomorrow and get the Codex version, but with them working again not sure I want to drop another $175.
Yea, i see your point.
I tried to get a pair of BEOPLAY E8s to replace my CFW1 ... in terms of portability and sound. Had to return them because of wear fatigue.
With all the headphones in the $250 range ... I feel like im getting the best deal by trading in my CFW1 for Codex. I already printed out my return label. Gonna detach my XL pads and shield and send them in for a $100 credit

In terms of bass ... ive been reading people werent happy with the bass from CF1 ... most reviews state the Codex were the closest to M100 in terms of sound sig

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #1,625 of 1,668
CF2W Codex was among the darkest headphones I heard when I demo’d it (not a bad thing; in fact, it’s a smart decision to produce a sound that isn’t fatiguing) but the bass is probably the best V-MODA’s done. Nice, balanced, punchy.

Excited to see where V-MODA goes from here, I think they’ve been getting better with each generation.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #1,626 of 1,668
Just received mine today in Rose Gold colour - They come with XL ear pads, right? The pads seem smaller than I expected & sit on my ears. I was expecting them to cover & sit over my ears, bit like the Bose QC35II do?
Anyway, I'll give them some listening time throughout the week & see how my ears adjust to them.

Initial thoughts is I love the sound. A little worried about comfort over the space of hours wearing them. I had comfort issues with the Nuraphones & had to send them back.

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #1,627 of 1,668
They don't come with XL pads but rather with something between regular and XL. I had to replace mine after a couple of years with XL as my ears were rubbing inside the cups. XL work great though.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #1,628 of 1,668
They don't come with XL pads but rather with something between regular and XL. I had to replace mine after a couple of years with XL as my ears were rubbing inside the cups. XL work great though.

OK that is positive to hear. I'll go to the retail store I ordered them from & try out the XL cushions.

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #1,629 of 1,668
2 things regarding immortal program:

1. CF2 (non-codex) is not part of the trade-in program. Well Atleast when trying to trade in my CF1.

2. To answer the above post regarding the price of codes being $175. You don’t get 50% off your purchase.
You get 50% of your headphones Value as a credit towards your next purchase.

I have not taken the plunge yet lol. I’ve been stubborn using my broken CF1 in wired mode. I just don’t feel like spending $100 for a replacement nor $250 to upgrade to codex.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #1,630 of 1,668
Any tips for helping with comfort on my ears - After about an hour, I'm experiencing discomfort on the ears. Should I be wearing them tight, looser, band more toward the back of my head, or front?.. Mind you, today is only my 2nd day of wearing these.

I have ordered the XL ear pad cushions, as the stock ones are a little too small for my big ears I feel.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apr 16, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #1,632 of 1,668
Has anyone used the Wicked cushions on them yet? They're similar to the XL cushions. My buddy got some for his CF2 and absolutely loves them.

They apparently change the sound since the drivers are farther away from the ears. That can be a good or bad thing or maybe you won't notice it. And you may have trouble with glasses. They are not expensive so if you're doing well financially (assuming everyone on this site is--I am not), try a set and report how they work for you. Some Amazon comments were here:

https://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Cushions-Moda-Memory-Replacement/product-reviews/B07DR57HM8/

The ones I got were these, which I like, and are basically the same in size as the XL pads:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FNDVTM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Unknown if they will last longer than the XL pads. My XL pads lasted a bit over a year before getting worn out. The material seems to be different.
You can't go wrong with either. The Wicked pads seem to be more of a go big or go home purchase, if you go with those.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #1,633 of 1,668
Has anyone used the Wicked cushions on them yet? They're similar to the XL cushions. My buddy got some for his CF2 and absolutely loves them.

I have just ordered the Wicked XL cushions, so will report back once I receive them in a few weeks.
I current have the V-Moda XL replacements, which are fine for 2 or so hours of wearing, before they start to feel uncomfortable.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #1,635 of 1,668
Been several months now :/
Any feedback?
Sorry, forgot about this one.

So, the cushions were OK, but didn't solve my discomfort issues. I ended getting the V-Moda XL pads in black, which seems to have done the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back