V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Dec 9, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #1,606 of 1,668
I think the fact that you were trying to get a $200 credit on something you didn't pay full retail price for is acting kinda entitled TBH.

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #1,607 of 1,668
I think the fact that you were trying to get a $200 credit on something you didn't pay full retail price for is acting kinda entitled TBH.

I see your point but no matter at what price I bought them I wonder why they would not honor/transfer warranty if it was within 12 months of manufacture date. I didnt think a 40 dollar discount ($260)
would warrant an "as-is" condition. Especially since now you can buy a brand new pair for $114 on Amazon.

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,608 of 1,668
I see your point but no matter at what price I bought them I wonder why they would not honor/transfer warranty if it was within 12 months of manufacture date. I didnt think a 40 dollar discount ($260)
would warrant an "as-is" condition. Especially since now you can buy a brand new pair for $114 on Amazon.

If you can get a new pair for $114 then you can definitely see why they wouldn't let you trade one in for $200.

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #1,609 of 1,668
I'm a long time V Moda fan, ever since I bought a pair of LP2s in 2012 I have used them every day for 6 years. I love them so much I went from a new pair of headphones every year to not wanting to upgrade for 6 years

However they are beginning to look and feel a little worn, and I now have lots of Bluetooth capable devices

So... I'm looking at buying either:
Crossfade Wireless 1 (£138)
Crossfade Wireless 2 in Rose gold (aptx) (£219)
Codex (310, not likely tbh)

Which ones?

I LOVE the booming bassy sound of the LP2s and I'm a bit concerned that some people have said the CFW2s are less bassy? But I'm also concerned that the CFW1 don't have aptx. Would I really notice? I do like the rose gold colour though. Bit different.

They will be paired with a Hiby R6 and a mix of FLAC and Spotify Premium

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #1,612 of 1,668
Okay.

They are not bass light, they are not bassy to the level of an M100 by any means. This is the most balanced offering they have had. I would save the money and get the CF2W with Rose Gold. I like the Matte Black color of the Codex version, but unless color is important , save the money.

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #1,613 of 1,668
Okay.

They are not bass light, they are not bassy to the level of an M100 by any means. This is the most balanced offering they have had. I would save the money and get the CF2W with Rose Gold. I like the Matte Black color of the Codex version, but unless color is important , save the money.

So how does the CFW2 compare to the CFW1? If the CFW1 are more bassy I would be tempted to save £80 more and just get those. Unless aptx is going to make a mega difference paired with a Hiby R6.

I'm used to the LP2 bass and would be disappointed to downgrade in that sense

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,614 of 1,668
So how does the CFW2 compare to the CFW1? If the CFW1 are more bassy I would be tempted to save £80 more and just get those. Unless aptx is going to make a mega difference paired with a Hiby R6.

Sorry I haven't heard them.

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #1,615 of 1,668

Reviews indicate that the CFW1 is more bassy, even more so than the M-100.

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #1,616 of 1,668
Yeah, the CFW1 was obnoxious with the bass, but then while I like bassy headphones I'm not a "basshead." The M100 was my first good headphone and I distinctly remember firing up the CFW1 at one of those airport stores (so it wasn't a demo unit, it really was just one of them out of the box) and going "holy balls that's bassy."

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #1,617 of 1,668
I tried to offer my suggestion and it appears he about saving more $$ maybe, whicht is why I said the CF2W over the Codex version. I was listening to them yesterday(Codex) and love the signature.

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,618 of 1,668
I tried to offer my suggestion and it appears he about saving more $$ maybe, whicht is why I said the CF2W over the Codex version. I was listening to them yesterday(Codex) and love the signature.

I didn't hear a BIG diff between the 2 and Codex, maybe some refinement. If the guy is more of a basshead, the CFW1 really might be his ideal.

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #1,619 of 1,668

It's not about the money, I would happily spend money on the CFW2 but I'm worried that I would prefer the sound signature of the (cheaper) CFW1. I'm a definite basshead.

But is the CFW2 bassy enough? As I like the rose gold and does aptx make a difference?

I'm not really considering codex as it does nothing any different or better for an Android user

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,620 of 1,668
"Bassy enough" is impossible for us to judge. The main benefit of the Codex is if you want the other codecs on a non-gold version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back