V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Aug 30, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #1,636 of 1,668
I’ve got to say, Val really took all the feedback to heart with the Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex and what I’ve heard of them has been thoroughly enjoyable. Significantly more comfortable than the M-100 with a better mid-range and more defined bass. The pads are way better than the XL pads, and the headphones seemed secure. Great clarity too via Bluetooth.

I almost bought a pair but the Codex edition came out over a year ago so I’m expecting a new model soon. I have been missing my M-100, so I’ll be interested to see what Crossfade 3 is like.

I think what made the M-100 excellent was the crowd-sourced nature of it, which also shaped the Crossfade 2 and then the Codex edition which was inspired by this forum. I love V-MODA for the bass and design so I hope Crossfade 3 has that signature super punchy house sound in the quality and quantity of the bass, with even more clarity in the mids and treble.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,637 of 1,668
I just got a pair of rose gold CFW2 and they are great although I feel they are a bit weedy compared to CFW1, albeit better on bluetooth and more comfy.

I now have 4 pairs of V Modas (LP2 in black, LP2 in gunmetal grey, CFW1 Phantom Chrome, CFW2 Rose Gold) and I can't imagine ever buying a different headphone brand.

Should I get some white M100s and complete the set?

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,638 of 1,668
Could somebody who as owned both the original cfw2's and the newer codex version tell me if they can tell the difference in sq using Apple Music through an iPhone. I used to have the original rose gold cfw2 and enjoyed them but as Apple Music is my only source through my iPhone 11 pro max would it be worth paying the extra to get the codex edition, thank you any any help would be gratefully received

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #1,639 of 1,668
I used to own both variants, though I never really tried to compare them directly... I'd not expect a night and day difference, but to me AAC is the best option for Bluetooth anyway (less bandwidth for rather good sound quality, which means more stable connections than aptX or aptX HD). So if you'd use V-Modas upgrade option (perpetual life or what its called) by sending in your old model in exchange for a 50% rebate on the newer model, that might even be worth it... you can keep the cables and the case as far as I know. And you get a fresh set of batteries... just don't expect an immense improvement in sound quality. Both sound quite good to me...

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #1,640 of 1,668
Could somebody who as owned both the original cfw2's and the newer codex version tell me if they can tell the difference in sq using Apple Music through an iPhone. I used to have the original rose gold cfw2 and enjoyed them but as Apple Music is my only source through my iPhone 11 pro max would it be worth paying the extra to get the codex edition, thank you any any help would be gratefully received

As somebody who’s demoed both models paired to an iPhone using Apple Music, there’s a definitive improvement with CF2WC. It doesn’t have the boxy sound of SBC and as a result sounds better overall.

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #1,643 of 1,668
Yes, volume should be the same.
Thank you bud, I’ll order it now with confidence, always enjoyed the cf2w but still found myself listening to my B&W p7wireless 90% of the time hopefully the codex version can narrow that gap. Tried m&d 60, b&O h9, B&W px and px7’s and senn m3’s and compare them to my p7w’s and always return them because for my ears and tastes they cannot compete but I had the v-modes for a year and in the main enjoyed their sound, so with the added aac it will be worth the gamble

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #1,644 of 1,668
Just a short question:
I have the headset since one year and realized that the right speaker especially in low frequencies and voices has more gain. I already had four replacements but have still the same issue.
I changed the source, different cable, different Bluetooth device, different songs! Everything is leading to same result. To be sure that the problem are not my ears, I checked some other headphones with same titles I listened before with V-Moda CF2 and the result was that sound was balanced (same gain left and right).
Do yo have any idea?

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #1,645 of 1,668
Thank you Michael, does it still maintain the high volume level of the cfw2? If so I’m going for it, thank you
I am looking to sell my pair. I have the codex rose gold pair.

Would you be interested?

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #1,646 of 1,668
Just a short question:
I have the headset since one year and realized that the right speaker especially in low frequencies and voices has more gain. I already had four replacements but have still the same issue.
I changed the source, different cable, different Bluetooth device, different songs! Everything is leading to same result. To be sure that the problem are not my ears, I checked some other headphones with same titles I listened before with V-Moda CF2 and the result was that sound was balanced (same gain left and right).
Do yo have any idea?

Found root cause!!!
V-Moda made a horrible calibration/balance between both channels.
Can check this on following link:
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/v-moda/crossfade-ii-wireless/

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,647 of 1,668
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,648 of 1,668
Has anybody found a larger set of earpads for these, other than the XL pads? I find they only just cover my ears, which after a while causes discomfort.

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #1,649 of 1,668
Has anybody found a larger set of earpads for these, other than the XL pads? I find they only just cover my ears, which after a while causes discomfort.

The best pads on the CF2W are going to be the stock pads. They’re superior to the XL pads IMO since they don’t compress over time.

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #1,650 of 1,668
The best pads on the CF2W are going to be the stock pads. They’re superior to the XL pads IMO since they don’t compress over time.
The stock pads are way too small, which is why I got the XL pads from V-Moda. But as I said, slightly bigger would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back