V-Jays Review
Jul 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #48 of 119
OK with two people saying thats a good company and deal I pulled the trigger. I even went with standard shipping since the cost was so low and my total cost was $33.57 CAN so I am excited I could get what looks to be a very nice open portable for such a good price. Now I'll be able to hear co-workers and family again :).

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jul 11, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #49 of 119
That's a good price. I was tempted to get one for myself but I reasoned than I probably wouldn't use them very often and would have to resell them,

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #50 of 119
Well that was fast! Ordered these on the 12th and they arrived today! :) all for $33 dollars which included shipping.

Won't be able to have a listen until tonight but looking forward to something new and something not shoved in my ears :).

Impressions to follow.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #51 of 119
Ok first blush these are pretty darn amazing for the price. They sound good and they haven't even been broken in yet. I will wait until I've burnt them in for a few days before get serious about how they sound but for the price I paid these are a steal because I have feeling they will rival best of class in their MSRP range.

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #52 of 119
Yoink!

I'm getting them at that price. I've been looking for a pair of comfortable open earphones ever since I messed up my Porta Pro mod and cut a little hole into the driver. (It still works, but at loud volumes makes a fizzing noise.)

Let's hope for the best!

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #53 of 119
I bought these and opted to NOT get the more expensive shipping and just used the free shipping and it only took 10 days to arrive. Very impressive..

These have great bass but are also pretty darn bright (but not sibilant) with very nice mids. I am noticing they don't have the detail of my SM3 but what the heck how could they at their price. They are very nice sounding though and I think they will fill my need for something I can listen to music while still being able to hear others around me.

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #54 of 119
I opted for the cheaper shipping as well. I'm not in a terrible need to get these soon, and because I can't be bothered making sure someone will be in the house for registered shipping.

If these are good, then I'll buy pairs for my friends as well. They seem like a nice price for a random gift...

Jul 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #56 of 119

Quote:
Does the extension cable on these add too much weight to the headphone, or is it a moot point?

It's doesn't add much weight at all and I really the ability to make the cable short of regular length, it works great for me as I have my iPhone in my shirt pocket.

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #58 of 119
wow, I'm in Canada and they shipped to me. If they won't ship to the US you may be SOL aside from Ebay and I never saw good pricing there. Whats happening is there is only one distributor for North America and they have not decided to carry the v-Jays yet.

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #59 of 119
I've had some issues with buying from jays in the past. I was going to buy the Q-Jays at one point but couldn't really find a good US seller at that point. I had to import them from Canada or somewhere else and couldn't be bothered with that. It is surprising that they aren't shipping to US addresses however. One would think that selling to people from US would only help their sales.

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #60 of 119
The problem is they have a distributor agreement with a company that is stopping them from selling to NA directly and that distributor is unfortunately not actually willing to distribute their product. I think they would be wise to change that agreement as soon as they can legally do so since the distributor is not actually selling their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back