USPS to Canada times?
Apr 22, 2011 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

seaskimmer

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everybody. I just bought a pair of headphones from the forums here ~2 weeks ago. The seller said heshipped via USPS standard with insurance and tracking ($30 to Canada) and they still haven't arrived yet. I was wondering if this wait time is normal or if I have been jipped? Also worthy of noting: the seller hasn't responded to my emails asking for the tracking number he promised...

Thanks for your help :)

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 16
Hey everybody. I just bought a pair of headphones from the forums here ~2 weeks ago. The seller said heshipped via USPS standard with insurance and tracking ($30 to Canada) and they still haven't arrived yet. I was wondering if this wait time is normal or if I have been jipped? Also worthy of noting: the seller hasn't responded to my emails asking for the tracking number he promised...

Thanks for your help :)

Did you get the tracking number? What does the USPS or Canada Post website say?

2 weeks seems a bit long.

Apr 23, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 16
The last contact I had with him was ~2 weeks ago. He said he would give me the tracking number when he returned home from a business trip... I looked at his profile and it says he is in the navy... Hope he's not on a 6 month overseas "business trip".

Also, I googled this and people have reported waiting up to 4-7 weeks to recive things from USPS. However most of these people ended up opening paypal disputes.

Apr 23, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 16
I had a packaged shipped about 2 weeks ago, recieved it on wednestday, 7 days in total. The guy who shipped me my item didn't even get insurance or tracking on it, just normal international mail. 

What does it say on your tracking status?

Apr 23, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 16
That's the problem - I didn't get the tracking info after he shipped since he said he was leaving for a business trip...
I have emailed him and I know he is receiving them - the one response I got from him had the "sent from my iPhone" signature so either he is choosing to ignore me or faking the fact that he has an iPhone...

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 16
From my experience USPS to Canada takes two to three weeks. Most of that time the package sits in Canadian Customs.It's a slow process but lightening fast compared to mailing a package to Mexico.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 16
There's no location to location tracking available if it's USPS first class international mail but there's a reference number on the custom form in the form of "LCXXXXXXXXXUS".  That reference number, if you punch in at usps.com will let you know if it has been accepted at the postal office or not.  At times, that reference number will also allow you to know if it has left their postal facilities but that's about it.  Once it has reached Canada, if you want to know the package's whereabouts, you'll use that reference number and call into Candapost's agent and they should be able to give you some info regarding the present location of that package.

The reference number is not a full detail tracking number like the ones provided by USPS priority mail international medium-box or large-box shipping option but it's better than nothing.  From my experience, priority mail international takes 2 weeks +/- a few days and first class mail usually takes 2 and half weeks to 4 and half weeks depending how much time is spent at customs.

Edit: If he shipped it via USPS priority mail international SMALL-BOX, there won't be a tracking number provided.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #9 of 16
I wouldn't be surprised. Canada post/ Canada customs is notoriously slow.What had me wondering though was the fact that stuff I buy from china has come in faster on non-priority mail.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #12 of 16
It's really bad from Canada to the US, I blame Homeland Insecurity. It took about 50 days for a pair of NOS tubes to arrive recently from an Audiogon seller to myself via Canada Post 1st class parcel service.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #14 of 16
My advice is to wait for at least 1 month. Anyways, your lucky that you didnt use UPS unless you want a crawling deliveryman to slowly crawl from US to Canada and deliver your stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back