Using the E7
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
The battery is full when the bar is no longer flashing. The red FiiO logo only tells you whether you have turned on the USB charger. It is wise to turn it off whenever you see a stationary full battery bar.

So with the usb charge on, if the bar is still showing that its charging, then its not fully charged yet, and when it is, the bar will remain stationary even when the usb charge is on?

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 23
With USB charge on, and when the bar is full and stationary, this means the battery is fully-charged, AFAIK.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #19 of 23
Does the Fiio E7 leak battery charge for any of you guys? After I fully charge it, say I turn it off for two days and come back to it. It'll be only 3/4 charge. It seems like even when you turn the thing off it loses charge, which shouldn't be happening to such a large extent. 

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 23
Since this thread seems to be talking about technical details of e7 anyway, I hope I'm not treadjacking. My question is, is it possible to get the DAC and amp benefits of e7 and still use the built in speaker of my laptop(I know this won't do e7 justice, but asking out of mere curiosity.)?

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
Since this thread seems to be talking about technical details of e7 anyway, I hope I'm not treadjacking. My question is, is it possible to get the DAC and amp benefits of e7 and still use the built in speaker of my laptop(I know this won't do e7 justice, but asking out of mere curiosity.)?

Not possible as the signal to the E7 is one-way.

Quote:
Jube said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does the Fiio E7 leak battery charge for any of you guys? After I fully charge it, say I turn it off for two days and come back to it. It'll be only 3/4 charge. It seems like even when you turn the thing off it loses charge, which shouldn't be happening to such a large extent.

A common issue with lithium-ion battery cells.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #22 of 23
Sorry to threadjack too! I'm new here :)
Okay so I just got my E7, and I would like to know is the volume suppose to be very low when I use the 3.5mm as input?
And I only use the E7 for my laptop so I probably use the usb all the time. Will it affect my battery life? Or should I turn usb charging off every time the battery is fully charged?

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #23 of 23
Sorry to threadjack too! I'm new here :)
Okay so I just got my E7, and I would like to know is the volume suppose to be very low when I use the 3.5mm as input?
And I only use the E7 for my laptop so I probably use the usb all the time. Will it affect my battery life? Or should I turn usb charging off every time the battery is fully charged?

Yes, the volume can be low depending on the headphones you're using. Turn up (but not quite max out) the volume on your portable player, lower the volume on the amp then slowly increase the amp volume till it's at the appropriate volume level. On USB, I rarely turn the volume over 15 for my M50's, less for my IEM's.

It's best to keep USB charging off. My E7 seems to keep charging all the time when USB charge is turned on, which is not ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back