Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp
Aug 3, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #16 of 42
Thanks for the responses everyone. I joined the massdrop for the smsl. If I see a discounted odac, I will probably cancel the smsl, but for $30 more it sounds like a pretty awesome deal.

Congrats! I'm sure it will all sound great.

What headphones will you be using with the setup? :)

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #18 of 42
I have a 3 pairs of headphones; the HD 650s, the Fischer Audio FA-011, and AKG K550s. This will mostly be used with my HD650s, as a DAC and Amp will probably bring out more in these than the others. I appreciate your interest!

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #19 of 42
Definitely that will help the HD650s. But even your other headphones may benefit from a more refined DAC/amp combo. Probably all gonna sound awesome :k701smile:

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 42
lol now your clinging to a typo also the audio-gd are dac amp combos hence me thinking of the audio-gd product page and typing amp but yes I should have referred to the dac half still not totally inaccurate as the burson conductor I'm still suprised the M8 beats is a dac amp combo

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #21 of 42
We are of diametrically opposed camps; you are now taking what I have termed the "Church of Digital Infallibility Computer Weenie TinFoil Stuck Rutting Mainstream Cult", and I ascribe to what my ears hear which is the final say of everything and anything else is nonsense.  I didn't base my consensus on what I heard as I have heard neither, and while many modern DACs may be some of the closest sounding pieces of equipment at similar price points I agree with reviews I have read and I based my positioning of SMSL M8 in the heirarchy based on its comparisons to dacs above the audio-gd dacs not merely the dac chip.  Debunker nonsense of sullen poo flinging monkeys that there is nothing better, and "stop showing off mr rich fast pants we have scientific arguments to shut you up" is merely monkey bureaucracy corruption trying to make everything a wash with monkey hole logic.  Anyone can hear the difference flipping between the settings on their realtek.  Case Closed.  The O2 amp is boring which makes me have little faith in any of the audio science NvAwGuy arguments.  Monkey hole bureaucracy nothing more.  WORLD DOMINATION OF THE AUDIOPHILE MASTER RACE!!!! 
why do ppl like you frequent the forums?

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #22 of 42
I think you have it backwards I think people fall back on gridlocked debates in order to be difficult when they lose another argument like is the magni/modi combo better than the M8. also calm down there japheel and learn internet memes.

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #23 of 42
I think you have it backwards I think people fall back on gridlocked debates in order to be difficult when they lose another argument like is the magni/modi combo better than the M8. also calm down there japheel and learn internet memes.

Yes. We noticed that about you. :p

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #24 of 42
Yes. We noticed that about you.
tongue.gif

aww, rekt

Aug 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #25 of 42
lying is not rekt. saying im falling back on gridlocked arguments when it was actually you is just generation y trash logic and y your generation will be mocked for the rest of history.

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #26 of 42
lying is not rekt. saying im falling back on gridlocked arguments when it was actually you is just generation y trash logic and y your generation will be mocked for the rest of history.

Do you get almost everything wrong by making foolish assumptions? I'm not Generation Y :p

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #27 of 42
Made up my mind on selling my Peachtree itx Es 9023 dac to buy a  SMSL M8 Es 9018 dac. I want 32bit 384 Khz vs24bit 192 Khz. Can't forget DSD! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Why can't optical do above 24bit 192 khz, but crappy usb cable can ?

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #29 of 42
Well I just bought a smsl m8 for $179.99. Arrives next week. Was on the fence about selling the Peachtree DAC itx. But its sold and gone. In the meantime I have bought some dxd and DSD 24/32 bit recordings to test above 192 kHz.

Aug 8, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #30 of 42
Well I just bought a smsl m8 for $179.99. Arrives next week. Was on the fence about selling the Peachtree DAC itx. But its sold and gone. In the meantime I have bought some dxd and DSD 24/32 bit recordings to test above 192 kHz.

How did you like the dac it, btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back