Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp
Aug 8, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #32 of 42
We are of diametrically opposed camps; you are now taking what I have termed the "Church of Digital Infallibility Computer Weenie TinFoil Stuck Rutting Mainstream Cult", and I ascribe to what my ears hear which is the final say of everything and anything else is nonsense.  I didn't base my consensus on what I heard as I have heard neither, and while many modern DACs may be some of the closest sounding pieces of equipment at similar price points I agree with reviews I have read and I based my positioning of SMSL M8 in the heirarchy based on its comparisons to dacs above the audio-gd dacs not merely the dac chip.  Debunker nonsense of sullen poo flinging monkeys that there is nothing better, and "stop showing off mr rich fast pants we have scientific arguments to shut you up" is merely monkey bureaucracy corruption trying to make everything a wash with monkey hole logic.  Anyone can hear the difference flipping between the settings on their realtek.  Case Closed.  The O2 amp is boring which makes me have little faith in any of the audio science NvAwGuy arguments.  Monkey hole bureaucracy nothing more.  WORLD DOMINATION OF THE AUDIOPHILE MASTER RACE!!!! 

You should post more often.

:beerchug:

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #35 of 42
Just received it and have it running 384khz 32bit. Its smaller than in the pictures. Its the size of a wallet. Haven't tried dsd or dsx yet. On;ly complaint is having to use a damn mini cd to install drivers and foobar add on's. What is this 2002 ? Pain in the ass to hook up a cd drive.

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #37 of 42
Just received it and have it running 384khz 32bit. Its smaller than in the pictures. Its the size of a wallet. Haven't tried dsd or dsx yet. On;ly complaint is having to use a damn mini cd to install drivers and foobar add on's. What is this 2002 ? Pain in the ass to hook up a cd drive.

Why run it at 384khz 32bit if you don't have any content in that sampling/bit rate?

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #40 of 42
Sep 27, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #41 of 42

Back to earth from the highs, how does it sound with an old-fashioned 44,1khz 16bits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back