Used Sennheiser 580s
Apr 30, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll just answer that question with a simple answer: No, the HD600s are not worth an extra $100 from the 580s. They sound way more like the 580s then the 650s do. There's just subtle differences in their SQ. FWIW, I would save the money and get the 580 to make sure you have a good amp.

Well said ... the amp will make much more difference with either phone. Saving money between the two phones helps one do that.

Apr 30, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #64 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by CareyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So now the question is: What amp works well with the 580s?

If you want something portable, check out MisterX's XP amp. Might be one of the best portable amps for the money.

If you're looking for something for home use, the Gilmore Lite is not a bad choice. It makes the Senns, less Senn-ish and makes it more Grado-ish. But like I say to everybody who's getting their first amp. Get the headphones first and see what you dislike or want to improve about it and find an amp that fixes those problems.

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow. did you read a single post made during the debate? or did you just want to contribute poorly to the argument. and your statement contradicts itself. you say that they have the same driver, but they are just different. how does that make any sense? i'm sorry, i didn't want to be rude, but seriously. come on.

Sorry about the caps. I forget that I have it on sometimes. Nature of my business. I thought I was current with this thread. My bad. I stand corrected. Nice job.

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #66 of 66
How about an actual desktop amp because portables are abysmal for the price (that is what you are worried about isn't it?) and rarely, if ever will you venture outside with these giant insect eyes on your head.

Plenty of large home amps for cheap that will do a better job than any portable be it 50 dollar or 400 dollar one.

With that 100 you just saved by choosing the 580, why don't you invest in a nice cd player or dac for your computer and have someone build you a dynalo (almost exactly like a gilmore lite but better, for half the price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back