USB DAC for PC (Win 10) + Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter
May 7, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #91 of 168
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019)
Can anyone here confirm this support AAC/AptX/LDAC (Guess AptX HD is out of the question ref. what #rkw said in the last post)

Samsung S5e is confirmed by a couple of others that it supports the three codecs I mentioned, but it's a bit expensive at the moment.

May 7, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #93 of 168
That site must be outdated. Latest device with LDAC is from 2018.
Ref what mikp says here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15550844
Maybe the site is not updated with the latest models but I guess is quite interesting to search between different devices from 2018 and early 2019.
I think when a model is present the information should be correct...
Concerning S5 from Samsung, "bluetoothcheck" mentions only two codecs, aptX (normal) and SBC.
Concerning Tab-A the same website mentions that all codecs (except aptX-LL) are available for the Tab-A 10.5" (8/2019) and the 8" from 2018. All other models seem to have SBC only.
AptX-LL is normally mutually exclusive with aptx-HD. I think this is probably done to avoid uncertainty about priority during pairing process.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #94 of 168
I have changed a bit my mind concerning bluetoothcheck.com.
Not all the available on internet are updated and reliable.

I have asked a friend to test my Technics eah-f50b headphones with a Xiaomi MI A1.
According to bluetoothcheck.com this smartphone should stream with five codecs, including LDAC.
Well, nothing instead... No codecs but SBC were possibile, although the headphones can manage AAC, APT-X APT-X HD and LDAC.

I have seen that something has chenged from Android 8 to Android 9. Many people complain about not having codecs anymore after updating from Android 8 to Android 9.

Finally I have purcheased a second hand Redmi Note 5 (global version updated to Android 9) as bluetooth LDAC transmitter.
I use this smartphone card, just to stream music and I think this is one of the cheapest way of playng CD or HD quality files on LDAC capable headphones.

My suggestion is always to check the smartphone before to be sure that preferred codecs streaming is possible.
Better do not trust too much on information available on the web.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #95 of 168
I am interested in this topic. I have been dabbling in BT for the last year, and it has been a series of disappointments. For example, the Avantree DG60 can transmit aptx/HD, but it will only work if the bitstream is resampled to 48 khz. I can stream LDAC from either my Galaxy Tab A or or Samsung S8, but that constrains me to an Android device (blech). I keep my lossless library on my PCs, so I need a solution that works with either Windwoes or linux. Any known progress?

Jul 22, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #96 of 168
Shanling M0 seems to be the quality solution.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #98 of 168
There really aren't any standalone USB DAC/Amps for PC that transmit Aptx-hd or LDAC. Seems like all we have is the DG-60 which does Aptx-HD, or the reiyin bluetooth adapter I don't think either of them offer 24 bit aptx-hd. We also have portable devices like the Fiio M6 or the Shanling M0, hiby models as well which can function as a usb dac on the PC and transmits bluetooth LDAC, aptx-hd which is great but those are portable I want to see a bluetooth transmitter in the Zen Blue(reciever) desktop form factor which transmits bluetooth from PC.

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #102 of 168
I got a (modded?) 24 bit / 48khz DG60 from Avantree today (for free).
I was quick to try it, since a user here on head-fi contacted me and wrote that his 24 bit version have reversed balance.
R on L / L on R, and there's a center channel option in "Levels" when the DG60 is set to stereo (only option).

Sadly mine has the same problem. R on L / L on R

Anyone out there with similar experience? Any fix?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #103 of 168
I found a temporary solution:
I use "Peter's Equalizer APO Configuration Extension" / Peace on my HTPC.
With this video I reversed the stereo on the 24bit DG60.
(Edit: There's also an alternative to just use the "Effects" in the PEACE interface, and reverse the channels there)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #104 of 168

Users who are viewing this thread

Back