CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Jun 9, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #451 of 775
I am in possession of the ERLKonig. I have only listened to it for about 30 minutes. It is spectacular.

Jun 9, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #453 of 775
Can I be part of the tour?

I am in Canada

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 9, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #454 of 775
I am in possession of the ERLKonig. I have only listened to it for about 30 minutes. It is spectacular.

woooOoooOoot!

have fun, buddy.

(Setting 2 is my favorite.)

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #455 of 775
Can I be part of the tour?

I am in Canada
I wish I could, but we have had a lot of trouble shipping to Canada for some reason in the past when we tried so we stopped working Canadian tours. I am really sorry.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #456 of 775
What do you like better about them?
I’ve had more time to listen now although limited due to my 2 month old and 2 1/2 year old at home. Thinking my hobby is shifting to watches now that I can’t listen at home like before 😔. Overall I think the EVE is smoother up top vs VE8 which I prefer. Vision Ears knows how to tune their mids and those I feel are almost equal from memory. Bass qty for me is ok on the EVE, although for my personal taste I would have appreciated a little more sub extension. But overall comparing prices this one is a winner and for VE prices it’s a great offering. VEs universals are very comfortable, but with these I’m experiencing a lot of pressure from the suction with silicon tips. Also liked the German Flag color tips provided although I could not fit them since I was too scared to force them into the nozzles.

Jun 11, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #457 of 775
I’ve had more time to listen now although limited due to my 2 month old and 2 1/2 year old at home. Thinking my hobby is shifting to watches now that I can’t listen at home like before 😔. Overall I think the EVE is smoother up top vs VE8 which I prefer. Vision Ears knows how to tune their mids and those I feel are almost equal from memory. Bass qty for me is ok on the EVE, although for my personal taste I would have appreciated a little more sub extension. But overall comparing prices this one is a winner and for VE prices it’s a great offering. VEs universals are very comfortable, but with these I’m experiencing a lot of pressure from the suction with silicon tips. Also liked the German Flag color tips provided although I could not fit them since I was too scared to force them into the nozzles.
Interesting.. did you own a VE8 ciem or did you hear the uni? From everything I've read, the uni has some sibilance that the custom version doesn't exhibit. I'm hoping that what you didn't like!

I recently bought an EVE20, and while it's pretty great, I was actually hoping for smoother highs, so hearing that from you worries me because I want a VE8 lol

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #458 of 775
Just received the east coast kit. VE8 & Elysium. Just came with the case. Are tips suppose to be included? I also noticed that the filter is missing on the Elysium.
IMG_20200618_154609.jpg
IMG_20200618_164928.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #460 of 775
I've finally got a chance to sample the monitors briefly. The Elysium seems like it has a shortage in the right monitor (or cable). It went out a few times and I had to move the cable for it to come back in. I'll try with my personal cable soon and update you guys on this.

Jun 18, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #461 of 775
Just received the east coast kit. VE8 & Elysium. Just came with the case. Are tips suppose to be included? I also noticed that the filter is missing on the Elysium.
IMG_20200618_154609.jpgIMG_20200618_164928.jpg
Bummer, hopefully the missing filter doesn't affect the SQ. Yes, there are supposed to be tips in the box. This seems to happen a lot. Do you have tips you can use?

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #464 of 775
I live in Logansport, IN and would like to participate in the tour, if it is still ongoing. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I plan on doing a full review on my YT channel and posting impressions on head-fi. I would like to take the challenge of all available VE to compare and review. I have emailed my required ID verification documentation to billb@cleardiff.com.

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #465 of 775
I live in Logansport, IN and would like to participate in the tour, if it is still ongoing. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I plan on doing a full review on my YT channel and posting impressions on head-fi. I would like to take the challenge of all available VE to compare and review. I have emailed my required ID verification documentation to billb@cleardiff.com.
Will add you. Please note that there are 3 separate tours in this one. Signing you up for all, let me know if you had a different idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back