Kevbo

Head-Fier
okay im really pressed for time as im going on a trip in 3 days

i need to order now

im looking at the AKG q701 for ~160 usd

the ath 900x open air for ~130 usd

and the beyerdynamic custom one pro for ~140 usd

any help would be apreciated

i already have a 24/192 dac/sound card and a bravo v3 tube amp so power and source is no problem

i love very melodic music with great female vocals

yet at the same time i also love heavy metal and fast pace music

please help :)

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 8
Sounds like you want the Audio Technica to me. Great vocal headphones. They'll probably lack in bass a tad, but they should be able to keep up with your music preferences otherwise.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 8
  Sounds like you want the Audio Technica to me. Great vocal headphones. They'll probably lack in bass a tad, but they should be able to keep up with your music preferences otherwise.

i can get the one pro for less than 140 usd 

but the 900x is around the same

the specs on the one pro seem better

but i invested a lot of money in an amp so a 16 ohm phone would kind of make the amp redundant 

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 8
  It seems you've made up your mind already then, no?

i guess you're right 

im a junior in highschool so i dont have a limitless income just my min wage job

so im trying to get the most bang for my buck

i love how the q701's look

and the a900x's look like a cheaper version o them

but then again i can get the one pro for 140 wich seems really cheap considering its going for much more

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 8
Just want to point out, just because something is more expensive doesn't mean you'll like it more. I heard a $600 pair of headphones this weekend that I wouldn't pay $200 for. I currently OWN a $550 pair that many people wouldn't buy for ANY price.

The other thing is, impedance isn't the whole story. I have a 32 ohm set of headphones, so I didn't worry too much about the amp. However, I'm surprised again and again how much of a difference it makes when I plug it into nicer systems.

I haven't spent any time with these 3 pairs, but it kind of looks like the ATH and AKG might be more up your alley. Do your research and don't jump too fast to get something. Black Friday is coming up, after all.

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 8
Double post!

And now that I'm actually looking at these, the Audio Technica seem like real winners for what you want. If it were ONLY for metal, maybe AKG, but ATH will probably make more sense in general.

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 8
  Double post!

And now that I'm actually looking at these, the Audio Technica seem like real winners for what you want. If it were ONLY for metal, maybe AKG, but ATH will probably make more sense 

ive been looking at the akg for a long time and i think ill just say screw it and get them

im gonna cancel my order for the beyers 

cause something about the 16 ohm just makes me uneasy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back