Urgent headphone dilemma!
Apr 14, 2008 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

needanamp

100+ Head-Fier
Basically one of my super.fi pro 5 drivers came off the cable now its lost. i will send this email to ultimate ears, what do you lot think??

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have long been a fan of Ultimate Ears, Having been through many other companies along the way to get here. I have owned IEMs from Shure, Etymotics and recently Livewires, but i have fallen in love with the excitement of the Super. Fi Pro 5's. That is, until last night. I was listening to my music walking down the street, until i met an old friend in the street. naturally i took out my super.fis and stuffed the cable in my pocket as we walked and talked. A few hours later, i rummaged in my pocket, pulled out my ipod and the cable, and lo and behold, one driver was missing! Now i know what you are thinking, that it is my own carelessness and so on. And you are quite right, but i feel that it is to do with a faulty product on my behalf as well. It has happened a few times in the past, where the driver would all to easily fall off the cable, in fact, just as i walk along listening to music the cable would disconnect from the driver. All the more reason for me to be careful ,you say. Again your right, and if it were any other company i would not even think about writing in, but i feel that it is also a fault of the product that caused the accident, as my headphones were unnaturally loose. I would just like to ask whether you would be so kind, as a company reputed for good customer service, to replace just the one driver for me, as i cannot stand with travelling to and from work without the peaceful bliss your Super.Fi's put me in... Thankyou for reading and i hope to hear from you soon!

Yours sincerely,
Name

Apr 14, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 12
Far too much sycophantic begging. It reads like a 16th century letter to the pope. Be to the point while being polite. Don't try to crawl up their legs.

Apr 14, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 12
Reads like a c0ck and bull story. Keep it simple, they probably get a million emails a day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 12
Dont talk about all of the bliss

Straight to the point

Your superfi is unnaturally loose, it comes out in situations where it should stay in perfectly.

You went to walk and talk with someone the other day, you stuffed it in your pocket, it became disconnected and fell out

Even though you carelessly lost it, you would not have to be careful about loose connections if the product wasnt exceptionally loose

Request them to send in a replacement (if you are in warranty mention that also).

If they reply saying we are sorry. Ask them if you can buy a single driver of the proper missing "ear" at price (name your price, maybe take price of a new pair on amazon, subtract price of cable and price of a basic fit kit (10bucks + cable price) divide by 2 for price per ear and maybe take 80% of that price, possibly less if you are in warrenty.

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 12
Just format it like you would a letter to any business associate, polite, succinct and most importantly, short! The people reading these e-mails have hundreds to sift through.

I know, because I do this sort of thing for a media company. =)

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 12
You're overdoing it, as if they'll smite you for any sign of stupidity on your part. Just chill and tell the truth; I had to get my cable replaced twice (during the time I had them of course), and it was seriously no problem; they barely even inquired why I needed a replacement.

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #10 of 12
My lil bro has had his super.fi 3's replaced a few times for various issues. Cable / unit itself.

All he did was throw them an e-mail describing the issue + a picture. UE then speedily replaced the stuff. Seems like just a short succinct e-mail telling UE what's wrong gets the job done.

By driver...do you happen to mean the entire left or right side. Or the white frame is still there, but the insides of the frame are gone?

Apr 14, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 12
thanks for the help, only thing is i sent it off, so i cant change it now.... I figured that they are never going to do it anyway, but by the way you lot respeonded, it soudns as if i may well have got the replacement! Damn! Also, i hasd been up for 22hours beforehand so i was shattered and just saying anything that came in my head.

Yes it is 1 headphone itself that fell off and is missing!

I dont know what to do now, as i reckon they may well ignore the email and sending another one wont really help. Hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back