URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 14, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #496 of 1,184
Crinacle graph of Urbanfun YBF ISS-014 vs. BLON BL03 (first graph was listed as BLO3 S2 - I'm assuming the "S2" option on Crinacles graphs represent a more current production?)
Blon BL03 r2 vs ISS014.png
Blon BL03 vs ISS014.png

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #497 of 1,184
Crinacle graph of Urbanfun YBF ISS-014 vs. BLON BL03 (first graph was listed as BLO3 S2 - I'm assuming the "S2" option on Crinacles graphs represent a more current production?)
Blon BL03 r2 vs ISS014.png
Blon BL03 vs ISS014.png

S2 = Set #2?

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #498 of 1,184
I just got the ISS014. Initial impressions are that it's a good set, but it's certainly not as good as the better of my two BLONs. With the 9038S they are very bright and not listenable for me. With my Meizu HiFi DAC Pro, they sound more balanced but the upper end is still a bit out of proportion. Resolution and tonal accuracy are definitely better with the BLON. The ISS014 are comparatively a little thick and dull, but with less bass quantity and quality. They might be on par with the lesser of my two BLONs. I'll compare later. My better BLON might be unbeatable for me at any price I would be willing to pay.

I might write more if I think I have something worthwhile to add, like some comparisons perhaps.

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #499 of 1,184
So many mixed impressions. I might regret but its have been shipped already so I hope for the best especially as I don't like overly bright headphones. Tho same applies to m1060C (they are either loved or hated) and I like them

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #500 of 1,184
So many mixed impressions. I might regret but its have been shipped already so I hope for the best especially as I don't like overly bright headphones. Tho same applies to m1060C (they are either loved or hated) and I like them
The Beryllium Urbanfyn is not bright at all.

Apr 15, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #501 of 1,184
Apr 15, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #502 of 1,184
Mine was ordered on March 6 from Linsoul, if that's any guide.
Mine was ordered on the 13th of March from Linsoul so likely received sets from the same production batch but really, impossible to know. Just as it's impossible to unequivocally know the driver-type used in them due to all the confusion. I'm a Blon owner as well and much prefer the Urbanfun but that's the interesting part of these discussions as it promotes insight and can assist those in making purchasing decisions.

Apr 17, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #504 of 1,184
Perhaps someone who got it from linsoul could open it and check inside

That’s not so easy. The Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 is tricky to open up and examine (as well as out back together perfectly) without risking damage.

Apr 17, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #505 of 1,184
I would hate to risk it because if I couldn’t get it back together, I’d have to wait another month for a replacement.

maybe we should just setup a “Go Fund Me” account and all pitch-in to buy a few sets and send them set to @Slater to perform surgery. When finished we could have a contest as to who will win them? :beerchug:

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #506 of 1,184
I've just cancelled the order before it's shipped, because of these mixed reviews and existence of two versions with different drivers and therefore different sound, plus qc issues. Since I got blon03, I'll better wait for a more certain game changer, till more reviews of new blon05 and thieaudio l3 come out.
Anyway, good luck with this set, maybe I'm loosing a gem idk, but I feel like it's a right decision

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #507 of 1,184
Ooh if there are different sounding YBF than I didn’t hit the lucky one for me :/ Mine is definetely on the bright side and is tiring with those peaks, better source helps though, but treble is still biting. cleanliness and detail is very very good while using external dac instead of phone

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #508 of 1,184
So many human hearing curves, I absolutely love their signature, sound-stage, imaging, bass (can reduce through EQ if too much), air, and detail - hopefully you will too! Good luck and let us know! :fingers_crossed:

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #509 of 1,184
I would hate to risk it because if I couldn’t get it back together, I’d have to wait another month for a replacement.

maybe we should just setup a “Go Fund Me” account and all pitch-in to buy a few sets and send them set to @Slater to perform surgery. When finished we could have a contest as to who will win them? :beerchug:

Well, sadly the situation could have been avoided if they just stuck with 1 driver version.

Or made some way to differentiate them, like 2 different colored shells.

I am not even sure why they felt the need to have 2 different drivers in the same model. It doesn’t really make any sense, and just causes confusion and loss of sales.

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #510 of 1,184
Ooh if there are different sounding YBF than I didn’t hit the lucky one for me :/ Mine is definetely on the bright side and is tiring with those peaks, better source helps though, but treble is still biting. cleanliness and detail is very very good while using external dac instead of phone

I have an early Beryllium version I got in December 2019. It would be hard to call them bright. They are exceptional to my ears. Good timbre, well structured solid bass, and unfatiguing highs. The early versions are good. Such a shame the QC is so unpredictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back