UpTone Audio USB REGEN
Jun 29, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #136 of 1,138
I do use fidelizer (free version), have for a while. It helps a bit, but there are certain things that any manner of OS optimization won't help, such as signal noise from fans and large current draw from beefy processers. The gains from Fidelizer are still achievable with a better sounding computer. :)

Supposly the regen should remove that extra sound from the cps, fans etc...i think
Using ssd it will make a diference too, which is quiter than normal discs.
Fans, well they are noisy but you need them. :)

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #137 of 1,138
Supposly the regen should remove that extra sound from the cps, fans etc...i think
Using ssd it will make a diference too, which is quiter than normal discs.
Fans, well they are noisy but you need them. :)

It removes some of it, but not all of it. Computers, cables and DACs all still make a difference with the Regen. It is possible to go completely fanless with a PC. In fact, it's possible to go completely solid state.

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #138 of 1,138
How does a solid state drive make a difference other than the operating system?  If just transferring data to memory then streaming that audio, it shouldn't be that big of a deal what kind of a drive you use hooked up by SATA to your mother board.  Agree that as much interference that can be reduced before the Regen will make a difference.  But the Regen will really be efficient and noticeable, used with a noisy source as opposed to a cleaner one. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #139 of 1,138
How does a solid state drive make a difference other than the operating system?  If just transferring data to memory then streaming that audio, it shouldn't be that big of a deal what kind of a drive you use hooked up by SATA to your mother board.  Agree that as much interference that can be reduced before the Regen will make a difference.  But the Regen will really be efficient and noticeable, used with a noisy source as opposed to a cleaner one. 

Ssd can be to 10x faster with the data transfer, reducing latency, increasing performance needed for good audio processing and it's a lot quiter.
Indirectly it will help.

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #140 of 1,138
Hey Now,

I just bought a used Amber Regen and it arrived today. Whoo-hoo! Just like the previous listening impressions, this thing is going nowhere. It sounds so much more natural, music springs forth from a black background, everything seems clearer and more detailed. There is an ease to the music, it just simply flows. (Even the wifey noticed on Santana's Supernatural, which she is very familiar with!!!!)

I have 4 USB DACs to try it out on. It is going to take a while, I just can't seem to turn it off right now 8^). I have a new one due in July. I can't wait. 

This is the single best piece of audio gear I have purchased for computer audio. I am currently using a 5K iMac > JRMC > Regen > Meier Daccord > ALO Amphora HPA/Pre > DIY TPA3110 amp > Design Acoustic PS10A in a near field environment. I'll try some headphones later.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jun 29, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #141 of 1,138
  Hey Now,

I just bought a used Amber Regen and it arrived today. Whoo-hoo! Just like the previous listening impressions, this thing is going nowhere. It sounds so much more natural, music springs forth from a black background, everything seems clearer and more detailed. There is an ease to the music, it just simply flows. (Even the wifey noticed on Santana's Supernatural, which she is very familiar with!!!!)

I have 4 USB DACs to try it out on. It is going to take a while, I just can't seem to turn it off right now 8^). I have a new one due in July. I can't wait. 

This is the single best piece of audio gear I have purchased for computer audio. I am currently using a 5K iMac > JRMC > Regen > Meier Daccord > ALO Amphora HPA/Pre > DIY TPA3110 amp > Design Acoustic PS10A in a near field environment. I'll try some headphones later.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Hi Chris:

Glad you are enjoying the REGEN so much!  You got one second hand?  After shipping over 500 of them, yours is the first I have heard of someone parting with one for someone else to use.  But like 95%+ of REGEN buyers, you clearly are digging what it does.

Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to check out or join in on any of the REGEN threads over at ComputerAudiophile.com where I hang out.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/uptone-audio-regen-listening-impressions-24078/index26.html#post439944

Thanks and regards,

Alex C.
UpTone Audio LLC

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #143 of 1,138

Hi Chris:

Glad you are enjoying the REGEN so much!  You got one second hand?  After shipping over 500 of them, yours is the first I have heard of someone parting with one for someone else to use.  But like 95%+ of REGEN buyers, you clearly are digging what it does.

Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to check out or join in on any of the REGEN threads over at ComputerAudiophile.com where I hang out.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/uptone-audio-regen-listening-impressions-24078/index26.html#post439944

Thanks and regards,

Alex C.
UpTone Audio LLC

Hey Now Alex,

I have been enthusiastically following the CA threads for quite a while now. I have already ordered a Regen from UpTone Audio, number 1408. I will have 2 to play with shortly. Should I use them in tandem or set up 2 systems and enjoy? decisions, decisions . . . . . . I truly am enjoying the Regen. I have used it with a couple of DACs now, my Meier Daccord and iFi DSD Nano. Next up my Audio-gd REF5 and Meridian Explorer (I'll have to figure out a way to use a hard connector for the Explorer). 

Yeah, I was following the CA threads on user impressions and someone was not able to get the results that he had read about. I then was checking into Audio Circle and found that person's Regen for sale. So I snagged it. Looking forward to my second one 8^).

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #147 of 1,138
Lol, yeah. Battery was going flat after a listening session, so I hooked it up with what I had handy. :)

Does it help the battery sound better? :wink:

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #150 of 1,138
I've never been able to get the otg/line out to work from my htc M8 (and I got it thinking it somehow was more music oriented). Likely go Samsung next upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back