UpTone Audio USB REGEN
Apr 11, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #1,111 of 1,138
  Hi guys,
Does REGEN have different function of Singxer or Gustard U12?
If I have already a Singxer, or U12, then it is still useful?

Yes and yes. These devices are USB-to-SPDIF converters. The REGEN is USB-to-USB, so to speak.

You may find that a REGEN is redundant with these converters but, personally speaking, I find benefit in placing a REGEN in front of my my own converter (see my signature).

As always, YMMV.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #1,113 of 1,138
  Thanks, it is now clear.
I am now torn apart in choosing between iPurifier2 and REGEN.
What is your recommendation?

I have both of them, along with an iUSB 3.0 Nano. The REGEN and iUSB 3.0 Nano have a noticeable impact on my DACs.

I use the Nano at work with a Sony PHA-3 and the difference is immediately evident.

I use the REGEN with a Welborne Labs 6v linear PSU (high quality) with my home setup in front of a a Bel Canto REFLink using Curious USB cables and the difference is more subtle, but it's there.

The iPurifier 2, in my experience, does nothing I can hear with either setup. YMMV.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #1,114 of 1,138
Look what I see on the UpTone Audio web site:

There is just this one photo and no text yet....

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,115 of 1,138

Yep, just a teaser to see if anyone noticed. You win the prize. :D
Web page is all written. Today I finish a few details for the ordering like weights and codes for export of the variation options, etc.

Still right on track for Tuesday 9:00 a.m. (California time) launch. Everyone who is on our mailing list (which means anyone who ever bought an Uptone product directly form us or who entered their e-mail in the Newsletter box on our home page) will receive a notice sometime on Monday.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #1,116 of 1,138

Yep, just a teaser to see if anyone noticed. You win the prize.
biggrin.gif

Web page is all written. Today I finish a few details for the ordering like weights and codes for export of the variation options, etc.

Still right on track for Tuesday 9:00 a.m. (California time) launch. Everyone who is on our mailing list (which means anyone who ever bought an Uptone product directly form us or who entered their e-mail in the Newsletter box on our home page) will receive a notice sometime on Monday.

Can't see the pic, but I assume it's the long-awaited isoRegen?  Great!

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #1,117 of 1,138
Hmm. Interesting product. I think I'll keep an eye on this thread. :)

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #1,119 of 1,138
I'm also interested to know more about this, albeit it's not for sale until after the first run of ISO.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/uspcb-a-b-adapter

Is this something I could stick to the end of a microRendu?

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #1,120 of 1,138
  I'm also interested to know more about this, albeit it's not for sale until after the first run of ISO.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/uspcb-a-b-adapter

Is this something I could stick to the end of a microRendu?

Absolutely!
Better photos--including showing the version with the "B" plug rotated 90-degees--should be up later this week as soon at the first 750 production boards arrive.  The 90-dgree-rotation version is something that a lot of microRendu (and REGEN) users request as it allows for vertical orientation of the device so that room is left on either side with DACs that have other jacks next to the USB input.

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #1,121 of 1,138

Absolutely!
Better photos--including showing the version with the "B" plug rotated 90-degees--should be up later this week as soon at the first 750 production boards arrive.  The 90-dgree-rotation version is something that a lot of microRendu (and REGEN) users request as it allows for vertical orientation of the device so that room is left on either side with DACs that have other jacks next to the USB input.

Sounds perfect. Will stay tuned for more info. 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,122 of 1,138
Having ordered the Regen on January 31, 2017, which is less then three months ago, I can not justify another full price outlay of cash for the updated version. Thanks for the email though.

May 13, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #1,123 of 1,138
i have the MR and lps 1...unsure if i need the iso regen in the chain...it will be interesting
to hear from others if the iso regen makes any difference in SQ... or is just redundant.
just using a simple chain: laptop (as nas) with mr, lps, ifi micro idsd, roon labs and tidal hifi

Jun 17, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #1,124 of 1,138
I'm a Regen owner who can't afford the ISO right now.

Two things I'm a little sore about:

1. No discount on the ISO.

2. Can't buy the new solid connector...I know upgrading the cable between the Regen and my DAC really improved the sound, so imagine this connector would my chain's SQ for a reasonable $30.

Any chance you guys at Uptone could throw us old Regen owners a bone and make some of these available to us for purchase? If not, eta on general availibility, please?

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #1,125 of 1,138
I'm a Regen owner who can't afford the ISO right now.

Two things I'm a little sore about:

1. No discount on the ISO.

2. Can't buy the new solid connector...I know upgrading the cable between the Regen and my DAC really improved the sound, so imagine this connector would my chain's SQ for a reasonable $30.

Any chance you guys at Uptone could throw us old Regen owners a bone and make some of these available to us for purchase? If not, eta on general availibility, please?

There is a discount on the ISO Regen-- but only if you've previously purchased both the USB Regen and the LPS-1 power supply.

I believe the USPCB hard adapter will soon be made available to purchase from UpTone. Since I bought the awesome new ISO Regen I already have the USPCB adapter . . . But unfortunately the USPCB isn't directly compatible with the unusual female USB type-A input on my iFi micro iDSD.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back