UpTone Audio USB REGEN
Nov 15, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #586 of 1,138
I tried the Regen tonight, I couldn't get it to work with foobar2000, I got error messages of "object not found", I guess foobar couldn't detect my DAC(UM PP6) with Regen been attached, I tried ASIO, WASAPI, DS with no luck, anyone using the Regen with foobar?

The Regen works flawlessly with MusicBee, and I can tell it makes differences, I have some very familiar songs I use to compare devices, I will report back when I have more listening time, so far the experience is very positive, Regen makes song tracks darker and cleaner, this is most obvious with some so so recordings, It also works well with my Android tablet.

Now only if I can make it work with Foobar2000....... anyone?

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #588 of 1,138
Finally got my USB Regen today and installed my two Elijah Audio adapters (1xUSB A female to male w/blocked 5v pin and 1xUSB A male to B male w/6cm Mundorf gold silver wires) and connected the KingRex uPower to power the USB Regen. Everything works like a charm and sounds really good. Noticed that the sound does'nt jump in your face...but slowly grows on you. I will need some more time to fully evaluate the improvements...but it is definately a keeper and a sound that talkes music language. More goose bumps and tapping toes. Love it! :)

Here is some pictures. No good pictures I am afraid...but hopefully good enough to see! :wink:

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #589 of 1,138
Just searched the thread for microstreamer before asking..., is anyone using it with HRT microStreamer currently ?

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #590 of 1,138
I am trying to connect the Regen to the USB in on the front of a OPPO 105, I can connect the jitterbug and the OPPO will see my memory stick or phone connected to it. But as soon as I try to incert the regen the OPPO say's no source found. That is with or with out the Jitterbug. Has any one had positive results in getting the regen to work with an OPPO 105. If so how?

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #591 of 1,138
I am trying to connect the Regen to the USB in on the front of a OPPO 105, I can connect the jitterbug and the OPPO will see my memory stick or phone connected to it. But as soon as I try to incert the regen the OPPO say's no source found. That is with or with out the Jitterbug. Has any one had positive results in getting the regen to work with an OPPO 105. If so how?

I would start by checking that all power cords is attached properly to the Regen and the PSU. Take them out and insert them again. IF still not working try @rb2013 approach:
"Try reinstalling your USB drivers with the Regen connected. That worked for me" :)

Nov 26, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #592 of 1,138
I updated my Windows 10 to version v 1511 tonight according to recommendation from Windows X on Fildelizers Head-Fi thread. I was'nt expecting a big deal in SQ improvements...but I was wrong! If you have Windows 10 you should not walk...but run to install the new version. With the USB Regen in place my computer audio is insane right now. My only problem now is how to stop listening! :)

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #593 of 1,138
Hi Cornan, I have tried the cables-checking them. As I stated it works with just a jitterbug in the USB OPPO port by itself, but if I try the Regen by itself the OPPO can not see the 8g USB stick with my music on it. The OPPO will have it's own USB driver if needed built into its own software. Note the OPPO has updates now and then. The Regen has something that is blocking the OPPO from seeing my 8g USB stick. Thanks for the reply!

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #594 of 1,138
  I tried the Regen tonight, I couldn't get it to work with foobar2000, I got error messages of "object not found", I guess foobar couldn't detect my DAC(UM PP6) with Regen been attached, I tried ASIO, WASAPI, DS with no luck, anyone using the Regen with foobar?

The Regen works flawlessly with MusicBee, and I can tell it makes differences, I have some very familiar songs I use to compare devices, I will report back when I have more listening time, so far the experience is very positive, Regen makes song tracks darker and cleaner, this is most obvious with some so so recordings, It also works well with my Android tablet.

Now only if I can make it work with Foobar2000....... anyone?

I had no problem with FB2K.  I use it with ASIO4all and had no problems.

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #595 of 1,138
Hi Cornan, I have tried the cables-checking them. As I stated it works with just a jitterbug in the USB OPPO port by itself, but if I try the Regen by itself the OPPO can not see the 8g USB stick with my music on it. The OPPO will have it's own USB driver if needed built into its own software. Note the OPPO has updates now and then. The Regen has something that is blocking the OPPO from seeing my 8g USB stick. Thanks for the reply!

Hi JJaudio!
Have you tried to play music without the USB stick with the Regen in place or in another setup? Working? Is your Oppo connected through USB to USB Regen or do you use a USB>Spdif converter? If so check the drivers for it and if it with Regen in place. Which kind of USB cable do you use? IF the 5 v pin is blocked it could potensially give you problems in some setups.
/Micael

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #597 of 1,138
I can use it with my ifi DAC
. But the OPPO will not work with the Regen

Ok, then the USB Regen is working properly with other devices.

Here is a "snip" from the Oppo BDP-105 manual http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP105/BDP-105_USER_MANUAL_English_v1.4.pdf:

"The USB ports are rated to provide a maximum of 5V, 1000mA power to the USB drive. It is sufficient for USB thumb drives and flash memory card readers, but may not be sufficient for USB hard disks. It is recommended to check with your drive manufacturer for power requirements, or use an external power supply."

and..

"In some cases, an incompatible USB device may cause the player to stop responding. If this occurs, simply turn off the power, remove the USB device, and turn the player back on."

Might be a hidden clue here? 
rolleyes.gif

Since you are connecting to the Oppo with USB I guess there are drivers involved (connected to computer?). Try to uninstall the drivers completely and install the drivers again with the USB Regen in place. If this is not working I figure that it has something to do with the "snips" above. Someone else on this thread might know or Oppo´s support?

Good luck! :)

/Micael

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #598 of 1,138
Well, now I have tested The USB Regen with 5v block at the source (Elijah Audio BPM adapter), KingRex uPower battery PSU for powering the Regen (7,5 v) and 5v block AFTER the Regen (SBooster VBus Isolator).

What do I think?

I think everyone with a self powered DAC that is not expecting to see power coming in just have to do it! The dynamic is increased, the clairity is improved and more details is revealed. I did try to cover pin 1 with electrical tape but the results was'nt consistant at all...and not recommended. Adding the SBooster VBUS Isolator after the Regen was an obvious improvement! It took me five seconds or less to realize the possitive results!!! Make sure to block the 5v power before entering the USB cable and after the USB Regen is my warm recommendation! Just make sure your DAC do not need or requires to see power coming in! :)

What about the uPower you might ask? The improvements is also very noticable...but the 5v block on both ends is even better!

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #599 of 1,138
^ I am so ready to buy an SBooster VBus Isolator, but...

I just sent this email to SBooster via their html contact form:

I live in the U.S. and all I see at your International Resellers page is a list of resellers who do not have online stores. I have checked all the links and I am coming up dry. 

My time is more precious than the money I find myself struggling, literally struggling to spend. You have erected a giant wall between your products and U.S. customers.  It is annoying that I cannot simply whip out my credit card, order one of your products from an online store, get it done in a minute or two and wait for it to arrive in the mail. 

Please do not send me someone's email address. Point me to a web page where I can place an order in two minutes or less.  Tell one of your resellers to post your products on eBay or Amazon. I have searched both and cannot find any results when searching for SBooster. That is really surprising.  Lots of retailers have eBay or Amazon storefronts - or both.  Ask yourself how many sales you are losing to U.S. consumers who have been conditioned to making online purchases with very little hassle.  

By the way, I am only trying to buy a VBus Isolator at the moment. I will just keep using tape on Pin 1 of my USB cables. It is so much easier than getting my hands on an SBooster product.

This is the second time I've been ready to spend my money and just gave up. The last time it was for a power supply. Call me impetuous.Call me impatient. Call me childish. Call me impulsive. Lots of customers are just like me. Call us people going elsewhere to spend their money.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back