UPS Stole my Camera!!!!
Jun 20, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #61 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, how well did Amex handle the issue? I know for me, Amex has been extremely easy to deal with when I had any issue at all.

They did a chargeback, I assume, since the amount of money was immediately removed. Though, not credited yet. I guess that will happen after they resolve the whole thing?

It's still in "process" of being investigated and resolved.

-Ed

Jun 21, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #63 of 74
Sorry to hear.
Sadly there are thieves everywhere on this planet, and the content of our parcels are not safe until we have it in our own hands.

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #64 of 74
RANT WARNING!!

I have to bump this thread with my latest experience....

In a recent transaction with an overseas member... I had to go to 4 different UPS stores (!!!) to finally find one that was competent enough to handle an international shipment.

First store, didn't have the international waybill documents. The funny thing is, they referred me to a Staples store
confused.gif
confused.gif
Who would be better equipped to handle the transaction.

The second store, processed all my paperwork OK... but towards the end, the teller asked me the contents and value of the shipment. I told him the contents and value. He than fabricated a "story" that he was new on the job, and that I was to leave the package there at the store while he called his manager to help process everything further
confused.gif
confused.gif
. I told him I would wait patiently for his manager to call him back. I had my laptop with me so I could easily kill some time. I was not however, going to leave my package there unattended, given the contents and value. He started to get defensive... how I have nothing to worry about..blaah...blaah. At this point I was pissed a little at UPS, and remembered Jans camera experience in this thread.

I told him I would take the package to another UPS store, and walked out.
mad.gif
mad.gif

The third store, just flat out told me they would not handle an international transaction.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

At this point they were 0-3, so I went home and started calling around all the different UPS stores, to see of ANY were competent enough to handle this seemingly simple task. Finally I found a store that worked out.

What!!??? Damn UPS?? What kind of circus are they running?

I will NEVER EVER do business with UPS, unless specifically requested by the receiver. Even then, I will strongly advise them against it.

knock on wood.... I have always had good luck with USPS. I bought from TTVJ and Fed ex did OK too.

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #65 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I refused the package

well done with the refusal; i worked for ups; i didn't know anyone who would steal but it certainly is a possibility; apparently back in the day a fellow backed his delivery truck up to his house now and then and unloaded everything he wanted; insane

most drivers have had to work at ups doing lousy partime jobs like unloading and loading trucks for many years before they get offered a driving job; thus, you can generally count on your driver being a pretty solid, reliable person; but the folks in the warehouse are a bunch of punk kids making too little money, often starting work at 4am in the morning, working at breakneck speeds all the while being whipped by the supervisors, so yes, **** can happen

you absolutely did the right thing with the refusal

here's the scope folks: if you sign for your package, or you're home when the delivery happens, make sure you look it over, open it up, and don't let the driver leave before you give it a once over; refusing the package right then and there is the best way to protect yourself

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #66 of 74
Quote:

I realized the package was suspiciously lightweight, opened quickly, then I ran out the door after the UPS guy. I had already signed for it. I also called UPS immediately.

I was running out the door so quickly, I wasn't able to grab a camera to take pictures in time. Although, if the camera wasn't stolen, I'd have a small one to be able to take pictures, but I wouldn't have needed to.

-Ed

good going; next time don't sign until you've inspected the package; the driver will be inpatient, shoving the DIAD (electronic dealie) in your face, but screw em, make them wait a few seconds and check it out; if your package is crushed, don't take it, refuse it; make sure to check if the original tape is tampered with, that's a big one; and like you said the weight

UPS is a company run by (in my experience) a massive amount of the biggest idiots i've ever met; but generally the drivers can be good folk and very hard working; my driver i worked with was a great guy, knew everyone on his route, would never consider stealing, ever; always dropped off packages carefully, and how/wherever the customer wanted it, but everybody's different, and things go a bit differently in a teamster's orginization

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #67 of 74
A couple days ago I saw a headphone-wearing, gum chewing UPS driver accelerate his truck at a crowd of middle-aged tourists in a crosswalk to make them jump and run onto the sidewalks. They were crossing against the light, but he really could have killed someone. Really pissed me off to see that.

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #68 of 74
UPS just stole my malt and digital scale!!!

I was expecting 40 pounds of malted barley, glass and a digital lab scale. When I got home and tracked the package the website claimed the package was delivered an hour before I came home to "Cust Man". After several heated phone calls to UPS and the vendor UPS finally called me back. The delivery person claims to have delivered the package to the proper address and a man received it! The only man home in my house was asleep, and the only other person in the house was my mother and she was watching tv in front of a set of fifteen foot bay windows that look out onto the front door and street!
How many times can the Brown Frown get away with this stuff!? I mean, this is theft!! No one delivered anything to my house! And my mom's almost 100% sure a UPS truck did not drive down the street. You can see them and hear them drive by when you are sitting next to a window that is 10 yards from the street. So either the driver delivered it to his friend or himself and is claiming otherwise, or he delivered it to the wrong house and won't admit it.
This sucks.

Jul 7, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #69 of 74
AND THEY ALSO STOLE A BARNES AND NOBLE PACKAGE I WAS EXPECTING TODAY!!! THREE PACKAGES ALL MARKED AS DELIVERED TO ''CUST MAN'' AT A TIME NO MAN COULD HAVE RECEIVED THEM!!! I HATE UPS!!!!!!!
So to reiterate UPS stole 40 pounds of brewing ingredients and equipment, a Lee Konitz cd, a John Coltrane cd and a Pharaoh Sanders cd.
I hope you choke on the malted barley and the cd's skip you chum-sucking brown frown wanna-be a delivery man who could only deliver a case of herpes properly, *********!

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #70 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple days ago I saw a headphone-wearing, gum chewing UPS driver accelerate his truck at a crowd of middle-aged tourists in a crosswalk to make them jump and run onto the sidewalks. They were crossing against the light, but he really could have killed someone. Really pissed me off to see that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPS just stole my malt and digital scale!!!

I was expecting 40 pounds of malted barley, glass and a digital lab scale. When I got home and tracked the package the website claimed the package was delivered an hour before I came home to "Cust Man".

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AND THEY ALSO STOLE A BARNES AND NOBLE PACKAGE I WAS EXPECTING TODAY!!! THREE PACKAGES ALL MARKED AS DELIVERED TO ''CUST MAN'' AT A TIME NO MAN COULD HAVE RECEIVED THEM!!! I HATE UPS!!!!!!!

Alright, looks like the pieces are coming together now. We are now looking for a UPS guy that goes by the name "CUST MAN". He is wearing headphones, likes to drive recklessly. He is also drunk from home made beer, listening to either Lee Konitz, John Coltrane, or Pharaoh Sanders, all while recording himself with a fancy small Digicam/camcorder.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
very_evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #71 of 74
Um.....my neighbor had my stuff.......the packages were delivered to the wrong address. My neighbor thought that UPS brought the boxes to him because no one was home. So he went for dinner and drinks taking his sweet old time. When he came home he brought them over.
The apology call to UPS was harder to make than the complaint call.
Oh, well case closed. Although I am sure that "Cust Man" is indeed tossed on some sort of Flippy-dos or Fiddle-Faddle or Bathtub Gin.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #73 of 74
UPS sucks, I have had headphones left out in the rain w/out a bag from them, damaged packages, etc. I NEVER ship UPS. If my new race skis come in tommorow damaged in any way, they are so screwed.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #74 of 74
Quote:

I got a letter from American Express on Saturday. They have gotten a full refund, fully credited my account, and closed the investigation.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back