UPS Stole my Camera!!!!
Jun 5, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #32 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been accused of so many things, including Global Warming

You have any proof that you aren't responsible? That's what I thought.

I hate UPS, to the point where I wouldn't order a product if they were the only choice of carrier.

Jun 5, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #33 of 74
Wow, I must be seriously lucky these days. For the past year now I have gotten into this whole buy-online-and-ship thing, and I have used pretty much all the mainstream carriers throughout the US of A (sans DHL, because they have offensive colors
biggrin.gif
).

So far so good.

But there is a first time for everything....
plainface.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #34 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah ED, the way I had full-motion video was to just turn on the camera - the output to the VHS/TV was full-motion! With my camera, a very old 1.3Meg Sony, it output just what the CCD saw, real-time, no stuttering.

LOL, my Nikon D80 does have a video out, unfortunately, my Fujitsu P1610 does not have an AV input. LOL, I could've had a tethered setup.

-Ed

Jun 5, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #35 of 74
This happenned to me TWICE from FedEx. I even gave the guy $80 more than what he paid me, and he still made a huge stink about it. He thinks I sent him an empty box, but showed him proof of what it weighed and everything. He still cried foul. Funny thing was, I had been a member of that forum for nearly 10 years, and sold damn near everybody on there SOMETHING at one time or another...heck even gave stuff like scanners and printers away for free. But as soon as he made a stink about it, my credibility instantly went to crap. Funny how all the people I sold stuff to never chimed in.....then again, most of the OG members left that forum cause it started to suck ass.

One of the members from the other forum are actually on this forum as well...Penut or MrPenut....something along those lines. In anycase...he's a ******....

Those two companies are ****. I never use them even though all my claims got filed...it just sucks you're kinda forced into using them if you have to send out oversized things without getting raped on shipping (such as a bicycle).

Jun 6, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #36 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, you should be calling everybody, the CC company, the vendor you bought it from, UPS, the CIA, Dept of Homeland Security, etc.

Well, maybe not the Dept of Homeland Security, but you get the picture.

icon10.gif

CIA?
blink.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CIA?

I think it's time to call Jack Bauer.

Jun 6, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #38 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's time to call Jack Bauer.

Maybe it was Jack Bauer that stole it.

Jun 6, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #40 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CIA?
blink.gif

Camera Investigation Agency.

UPS vehicles are left unattended and running all the time while making pick ups and deliveries. I suggest taking the keys and holding them ransom for the camera.

That is a joke, but tempting.

Jun 6, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sucks man, I had a Raptor hard drive get killed by UPS, instead of filing for a claim, Western Digital sent me a new one.

I had a graphics card literally crushed by a truck recently, dirty tire marks and everything. The a**hole postman even had the nerve to stand there, on my doorstep, with this mutilated box and hold out a pda for me to sign
plainface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe it was Jack Bauer that stole it.

Only because it contained a component that could arm bioweapons...

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #42 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only because it contained a component that could arm bioweapons...

Or maybe he just felt like it.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #43 of 74
That's really unfortunate. I've used UPS when it came shipping stuff, and it always got there. Receiving stuff hasn't been a problem either. Unfortunately, you can't prevent UPS employees from sniffing with their noses for stuff they can swipe. I'd bug the hell out of management to get your money back. This is why buying at a brick and mortar store is more secure, because at least you've got the merchandise in hand, and if there's a problem, it won't take weeks or even months to solve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back