UPS people are jerks.
Aug 1, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
UPS has been pretty good for me...

unlike fed ex who dont have a ground shipment center in my city... so

a package that left a town 1 HR away had to go to LA then go Oxnard where it was left to be delivered to me in SB

GRRR

I love Fed EX, but I hate how they don't have centers that do ground everywhere. Therefore I go to an actual depot or whatever for fed ex (where it's just fed ex empoyees), and they do all the services. Great guy working there, he's helped me so much and explained so many things to me.

Ups seems everywhere compared to Fed Ex for some reason, yet they both are really big companies. I would use CanadaPost/USPS always if they improved thier international shipping and tracking system. I hate how with USPS you can't track your item past the boarder (guess cause it's handed over to canada post.) How will you find where it is if you get lost? Call them up I guess? Canada post is even worse, slow updated system too. This gave me and squeek some scares when we dealt with eachother becasue they kept updating it with new info like a day after it happend.

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #47 of 61
When charged by UPS for brokerage fees, can one refuse to pay it? Can one somehow dispute it?

I remember a long time ago (5 years) I ordered a pair of HD500 from the states. 2 Months later they wanted $80~ for the $125.00USD headphones... I thought it was quite ridiculous.

Mar 4, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #48 of 61
I bought Signet TK33 electret electrostats.
LOST! LEFT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR, NO KNOCKING, NO NOTICE, STOLEN, NO REPLY.

Let the hell devour them all, curses to UPS!

Mar 5, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #49 of 61
Hows this for UPS. Package shipped last Thursday by 3 day air. Ground package shipped on Friday. Both showed up Today! Gimme a break. Three day air is such a scam. The package sat in Pennsylvania Friday night through Tuesday morning. Got both of them at 4pm today. Sheesh.

BTW I've said this before UPS is not a company to do business with. Hell other than drivers they don't do background or drug tests, which everyone else in the industry does.

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #50 of 61
as are all people who wear shorts to work.
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lifeguards wear shorts.

Ooops! Most people

Mar 5, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #55 of 61
i just cannot believe they cannot hold it at the company. it is terrible to leave it outside a door - by bye whatever you ordered. we are in such a better country for post service. all the private companies still take a thing and pack it to its nearest office - never gets stolen.

in canada, there is purolator who does this as well: this ups stuff is insatiably rotten business.

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #57 of 61
Never had a problem with UPS *knocks wood*

My experience with the big 3 in order from best to worst goes as follows:

USPS
*small gap*
UPS
*big gap*
FedEx

Keep in mind that I avoid shipping (and receiving) packages outside of the CONUS as much as possible, as 9 times out of 10 it turns into a big fat screwing headache.

*shrug*

Mar 6, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiniarz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the brokerage fees that get you with Fedex and UPS, that's because UPS and Fedex have their own at the border.

Well you do have to understand, that at least in the US, the postal service is exempt from certain customs requirments that UPS and FedEx are not exempt from. UPS and FedEx have to have brokers file paperwork. Its just a fact of life with the way the laws are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back